• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Illusions of Good & Evil

sealchan

A group of pedophiles wouldnt say it was bad.. Everyone else will, but its justifiable in their head bc they are a product of their social environment just like we all are. So is it their fault they think that way? Who's fault for thinking the way you do? Do you get to choose the thoughts that come in your head? Or is it a recycling of experience?

To me is naive to say I was told one thing is bad and another is good so ill believe what I was told.

Pedophiles are not pedophiles due to their social environment...it is due to their brains/genes and/or past trauma. They certainly know that engaging in sex with children is wrong based on the idea of their not being as sexually and emotionally aware and as empowered as the adult who is pursuing that type of interaction. This realization creates a moral awareness that, nonetheless, is at odds with their instinctual desire to engage in that nonetheless.

It can be helpful to think of our brains as running on the "currency" of psychic energy. Any desire to act whether it comes from instinct, inspiration, reason or sensory awareness is converted into the currency of psychic energy. Where two sources of energy come into conflict one is confronted with a dilemma. If one source of energy builds up sufficiently then its path to action will "win" the bidding process.

Now what is interesting is that while you may have various sources of psychic energy, let's call them voices, you also have voices which ARE more subject to self-conscious control. Those voices which are aligned with your self-awareness are said, by some, to be part of your ego. The other voices are not part of your ego and may be seen as unwanted, evil influences within ones own psyche.

How we approach the conflict of inner voices determines the outcome of our actions. We often cannot ignore, suppress or deny those inner voices which we find distasteful indefinitely. All instinctually grounded impulses will build up energy until their ill-coordinated idea of a plan of action that will accomplish their aim is achieved. We have to own such voices and find optimal accommodation for them which in some cases means outside help and voluntary compliance with restrictions. Hopefully science will continue to make gains in finding solutions for those whose impulses promote criminal behaviour.

Road Less Traveled

refused to obey orders

The refusal to obey a lot of orders are one of my favorite things about a child. Their rebellious nature. Then their minds become indoctrinated/enslaved/assimilated to many things and forget that nature. Lose autonomy and individuality.

Last edited:

Road Less Traveled

This isn't even unique to humans. Every social species has "rules of conduct" concerning how to behave within such social settings. Breaking those rules will have consequences.

Take wolf packs. There's "rules of conduct" there too. And pack members that break those rules, suffer the consequences. Those consequences might be getting attacked and killed by the rest of the pack. Sometimes they are just chased away from the pack. Expelled, if you will.

I’d be the wolf that willfully rebels against all of the silly rules/laws in each different social group/pack’s hive mind until I’m relatively alone, free, under no control, laughing my *** off, under no fear for my reputation, no fear for what anyone else thinks, no fear for my survival, no fear of not fitting in. That’s all a prison, fear to conform. If I’m labeled a heretic, a rebel, not normal, attacked psychology... it wouldn’t matter or be of any worry because I’d be free.

Last edited: