• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you think we are created in God's image, then,,,

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
For the purpose of the thread, God is the creator of everything, humans however destroy, kill and pollute everything.

We pollute, destroy and kill more than any species that has ever existed on earth.
We are more the opposite of a creator so how are we made in God's image?

Do you think God is proud of what he created, that being us humans?
Let's assume for a moment that God's purposes in creating humans was to create morally free agents.

Then there would have to be wrong done, even great wrong, for that greater good to be a possibility.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Kabala has a good explanation of how the features of God's Image can be used for good but also can misdirected and unbalance. I think the language of Hebrew allows to split into 10 talents/features and all those further divide into 3 words.

74x12

For the purpose of the thread, God is the creator of everything, humans however destroy, kill and pollute everything.

We pollute, destroy and kill more than any species that has ever existed on earth.

It's easy to see there is a problem. We've been separated from our Father.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I didn't. You just made assumptions.
So if you didn't say mankind will solve their own problems by themselves, ok, you didn't say that. :) And of course, you obviously don't have to think or say their problems will be solved by themselves or anyone else. :)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I think the idea of that statement is that humanity is made in the fallen image of God and is destitute of the Truth.

So no God is not pleased at all according to religion. However people make God to be whatever they wish to justify their own positions.

When's the last time being good mattered?. Now good is only what benefits the self. People no longer struggle with the concept of good.

I suppose we are only doing what animals do, and can only do, seek to advantage and dominate the environment. It doesn't take much foresight to see that the destruction of humanity is a very real possibility. No one can tear down love and expect to survive in any meaningful way.

YoursTrue

I think the idea of that statement is that humanity is made in the fallen image of God and is destitute of the Truth.

So no God is not pleased at all according to religion. However people make God to be whatever they wish to justify their own positions.

When's the last time being good mattered?. Now good is only what benefits the self. People no longer struggle with the concept of good.

I suppose we are only doing what animals do, and can only do, seek to advantage and dominate the environment. It doesn't take much foresight to see that the destruction of humanity is a very real possibility. No one can tear down love and expect to survive in any meaningful way.
Interesting you would say you suppose we are only doing what animals do, Because yes, humans have fallen natures since descending from Adam and Eve. Furthermore, parents can only pass on to their children what they know, including the great influence of their personalities.

YoursTrue

I didn't say that. I don't think God goes around "destroying" people, either. I actually don't think Revelation should be quoted much at all since no one really knows what the hell it means.
Some can figure what it means. In order to be close to the mark, though, is another story.

nPeace

Veteran Member

From what I have read in the Bible, God said everything he had made was very good, so he was satisfied with what he created.
However, how man chose to act was not pleasing to God, since man went against the path God directed them to take.

(Deuteronomy 32:5) . . .They are the ones who have acted corruptly. They are not his children, the defect is their own.. . .
(Isaiah 48:17, 18) 17 This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: “I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to benefit yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk. 18If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

The fact that you asked this question, shows that humans were made in God's image, because if we weren't, on average 99% of mankind would not care that man is doing the things you mentioned. They would be like the animals - acting on mere instinct; not caring how the yard next door looks; not worrying that there is feces all in the street and rivers, and...

It's nice to see that cats care that their poo is covered, but if they vomit... it's like "Who me?" I'm not cleaning that! Phewee."
I don't think cats care much about a sunset though.

Cats-dont-care-about-your-stuff-001.gif

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Assuming a monotheistic God of the type you seem to be assuming (for the purposes of the OP) how do we know if God is a creator, a destroyer, or both?
Beats me.

LightofTruth

I
Interesting you would say you suppose we are only doing what animals do, Because yes, humans have fallen natures since descending from Adam and Eve. Furthermore, parents can only pass on to their children what they know, including the great influence of their personalities.
if one chooses to allow himself to be taught by the God inspired scriptures rather than man he must reject the idea that humans have a "fallen nature". That idea claims that Adam was created with a perfect nature and after he sinned he became a "fallen nature" so that everyone after him has a "fallen nature" too.

The problem with that idea is that it's not taught in scripture. It's bogus.

The scripture teaches that everyone sins by being drawn away and enticed by their OWN desires. Therefore the reason Adam sinned was because he had desires. Just as Eve also.

YoursTrue

I

if one chooses to allow himself to be taught by the God inspired scriptures rather than man he must reject the idea that humans have a "fallen nature". That idea claims that Adam was created with a perfect nature and after he sinned he became a "fallen nature" so that everyone after him has a "fallen nature" too.

The scripture teaches that everyone sins by being drawn away and enticed by their OWN desires. Therefore the reason Adam sinned was because he had desires. Just as Eve also.
I usually don't use the term fallen nature, but it seemed appropriate. Adam and Eve sinned. Before they had children. They were no longer going to live forever. If they would have been able to go on living without incurring death no matter their circumstances, their children would also have had that opportunity. But Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden. Before they had children.

YoursTrue

I

I can only surmise that's why some teach and believe in the place called Limbo where infants that died without being baptized would go. But I believe the Catholic Church does not teach that any more.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Science first and origin human applied natural reasoning. To tell stories about belief first, meaning science to own themes, used pretend and wishful thinking.

Which is not science....what they overlook as a self human conscious teaching.

We exist. We know who we are no matter what book is written or read. First books and reading did not exist. So if a human is going to tell its human truth, then you have to reason as a reasonable human life/mind.

Stories of a human life.....Nature, animals and self all live on the same planet in the same living conditions. Light exists as gases burning/removed/cooled by colder gases and the spirit of gas moves cooled by water/oxygen/microbes, so spirit moves on the face of the water in the deep of space.

Now to teach self relativity.....BREAD TH as a measure is applied in space teachings...for you cannot claim depth...for space is immense.

Relativity natural teaching therefore said our heavenly body owned cold spatial zero itself...relative to why gases are so cold....as a holy measure, teaching status...as TH meant numbered, science applied reasoning.

In the breadth of that reasoning...all spirit gases exist. One side is colder than the other on Earth, both however are mutual in the support.

One side is sacrificed gas, the other side is clear cold gas/spirit.

2 forms but owner of the exact same spirit....the gases.

Natural life says, it is natural for the spirit/gas to be sacrificed, it is what O God the entity planet of stone owns, and it is what it does. God O the planet history supports our life. Natural taught real human story. The only place where we live.

Science thought about the gas burning state...….the spatial zero body already owned it. Science lied.

Adam and Eve stories...are they told by Adam and Eve?

No. Who is telling all stories/themes? The living alive and self present human in a human belief is the story teller.

Anyone would think that a human named Adam and a human named Eve wrote the story about their own persons....the way that humans argue over the written document.

Why is any document written, when life is first origin, owned everything it needed to live and exist?

Because science, false intelligence wrote it.

So when you live first in a natural atmospheric condition what is evil about it....it supports a life, a healthy life and we should all be perfect by human conditions.

Beautiful humans prove we should all be beautiful. Healthy humans who live for a 100 years prove we should all be healthy.

We however prove to our owned life selves that we are not......so then ask questions why, when we share and live in the same natural environmental conditions as everyone else.

So a human should in science equal = perfection/beautiful and 100 per cent health.

Science says in science we do not own that perfection, so what reasons does imperfection own...when we live as a naturally supported same human life body?

Science owns that answer...for science changed what we originally owned, NATURAL and origins were always historically just natural first.

Science then wrote a document that quotes...…..science as a male group changed the night time clear cold gas atmosphere due to science not owning natural light in any God science......from the stone.

Where his machine was taken from. God in stone was cold clear night time gases the same as Earth heavenly highest gas form.

And they lied about being the reason to equate that story of Adam and EVEN.

Adam/Adam he says.

0 AD AM is factually how it is quoted...after spatial cold zero owned natural history. About reason for self change.

Now is EVEN the origin of 12/12 the balances maintaining natural cooling of the Earth heavenly spirit gases is that a female quote?

No.

So the change of even balances to EVE, is not female is it liar scientist?

No, it never was...….MATH did it...and MATH was a male owned human ability to imply and infer his scientific reasoning from his human male psyche.

And he attacked self and then equated that MATH was the fault of the human female...and lied.

For he always had lied.

Human reasoning as a consciousness. o the female ovary, and life bio growth of his baby self...allowed him to reown his male life form. From Holy adult male origins...to be reborn. So the female human gave him back his holy life.

Yet in male memory the male always said my father owned his own separate life first as a bio cell.

So he said he was life attacked/sacrificed and was changed sexually due to the Mother being his life owner o ovary and bio cell, who he inherited life, conscious support in spirit from....his human Mother.

So today males still lying about the inference reasoning of MATH....when in Egypt it was male inferred by half man.....reading of B....east the change to the cross + of natural God O Earth, by their want of change.

Then said Sophia Mother MATH.

So you have a choice today about what form of Sophia Math Teacher you are in real human life.

A male group who said my MATH is Holy and so is my life, so never sacrifice my life or my Holy human Mother life ever again.

Or a liar who hid his own contempt of everything and blamed the female self for not saving his life...when he did evil MATHS and machine reactions that sacrificed attacked him....as the version and history THOTH?

Which brother do you represent in conscious thinking today should be your owned male reasoning when you spruik male human sciences.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

pride?
you would assume of the Lord God...….pride?

but hey....God gave Man dominion
if anything.....God will be disappointed
and respond as such

LightofTruth

I usually don't use the term fallen nature, but it seemed appropriate. Adam and Eve sinned. Before they had children. They were no longer going to live forever. If they would have been able to go on living without incurring death no matter their circumstances, their children would also have had that opportunity. But Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden. Before they had children.
Adam's nature stayed the same from the time he was created until he died. All that talk about a "fallen nature" is nonsense. If God wanted Adam to live forever He would not have given Adam the law against eating of the tree. Eve was of the same nature as Adam and the Scripture tells us that Eve DESIRED the tree even though she knew it was forbidden. And that's how sin entered the world. It enters by the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life.

LightofTruth

I can only surmise that's why some teach and believe in the place called Limbo where infants that died without being baptized would go. But I believe the Catholic Church does not teach that any more.
Limbo? They make stuff up as they go along.
All people are justified by faith. Baptism is an act of faith by the person himself, not by his parents.
No one born into this world has any righteousness of their own. They need to have God's righteousness imputed to them by their faith just as Abraham.