• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you see a miracle, will you then believe?

Kelly of the Phoenix

If a man will make a law then what benefits he gets from advising you as not to drink wine and not to have sex out of marriage, why he needs to ask you to fast for a month ...etc.
Actually many things in religion is hard to follow, for example some would be happy to drink wine and if religion prevent him from doing so then he won't be glad to follow, what I mean if a person is making such laws then it is better to make laws that make people happy such as drink wine if you wish, make love with any girl that you love, enjoy your life and eat all kinds of foods you wish...etc
Advising you not to get drunk saves people the trouble of having to deal with drunks. Having sex outside of marriage complicates things when Junior shows up after 20 years saying you owe back child support. Fasting ceremonies are to distract you from the fact the harvest probably didn't come out like they wanted.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Why you think his laws should be changed? show me examples as of why.

I never said he did or did not need to. You're redirecting the question. There's no huge intent behind it just curious.

I asked does or can god change his laws; and, if he does would it be for himself or others?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I never said he did or did not need to. You're redirecting the question. There's no huge intent behind it just curious.

I asked does or can god change his laws; and, if he does would it be for himself or others?

I don't know, such question should be directed to God.:)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don't know, such question should be directed to God.:)

I was just wondering. I don't believe a god(s) exists so curious questions I'd have to ask his followers. If one-any person-ask a question only god can answer, that would make telling others "about" god somewhat useless. Assuming scripture is the same as people in person just time differences, how do you address that gap with people who want to know god but do not believe (and know) he exists?

The question doesn't have an indirect intent, just curious.

MNoBody

If a man will make a law then what benefits he gets from advising you as not to drink wine and not to have sex out of marriage, why he needs to ask you to fast for a month ...etc.
Actually many things in religion is hard to follow, for example some would be happy to drink wine and if religion prevent him from doing so then he won't be glad to follow, what I mean if a person is making such laws then it is better to make laws that make people happy such as drink wine if you wish, make love with any girl that you love, enjoy your life and eat all kinds of foods you wish...etc
well, maybe they were only looking for the benefit of having people being obedient [compliant] to what they said...meaning they had established themselves as some sort of authority figure in these peoples minds, who cares what they said, the point is that whatever said the people did it.
authority, dominion then is the goal here.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Excessive piety brings about respect in the eyes of men, but is not always beneficial to man.

night912

If someone came to you and told you that God exists and you should follow
some instructions in order to be safe in the afterlife, and if it happened that you
asked him for a proof for God's existence and he showed you one such as
healing a blind man and letting him to see.

Will you believe that God exists if you know that the miracle was real or you'll still disbelieve?
No, that wouldn't convince me that God exist. Eventhough knowing that the miracle did occur and was real, for me, that itself is not what is in question. My concern lies on how the miracle happened. If there's no indication of the miracle was caused by God, I would not be convinced that God exist. A miracle is only a thing that cannot be explained (at least for the moment), therefore, any explanation given by anyone is nothing more than assumptions.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Excessive piety brings about respect in the eyes of men, but is not always beneficial to man.

If I enjoy drinking wine and one showing excessive piety told me don't drink wine,
why I have to respect him while I actually don't like his advice.

danieldemol

Premium Member
If I enjoy drinking wine and one showing excessive piety told me don't drink wine,
why I have to respect him while I actually don't like his advice.
You don't have to respect him. But i was mainly talking about things already done in Jewish culture like fasting and not eating pigs. Not ways that were new to people.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You don't have to respect him. But i was mainly talking about things already done in Jewish culture like fasting and not eating pigs. Not ways that were new to people.

And what if I enjoy eating pigs and I don't like fasting, why I need to respect someone that
asking me not eat pigs and to fast.

danieldemol

Premium Member
And what if I enjoy eating pigs and I don't like fasting, why I need to respect someone that
asking me not eat pigs and to fast.
Not everyone would or did respect Muhammad, but i don't think it can be ruled out that Muhammad incorporated practices from earlier religions to appeal to the followers of those religions.

At any rate, I don't know of any practical benefit to fasting or to not eating pork today (if its cooked properly and other than the general benefits of veganism).

So its safe to say that those who attempt to sell such practices today are probably not motivated by what's in humanity's best interest (except to the extent that they believe blindly imitating their own ancestors is in everyone's best interest).

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Not everyone would or did respect Muhammad, but i don't think it can be ruled out that Muhammad incorporated practices from earlier religions to appeal to the followers of those religions.

At any rate, I don't know of any practical benefit to fasting or to not eating pork today (if its cooked properly and other than the general benefits of veganism).

So its safe to say that those who attempt to sell such practices today are probably not motivated by what's in humanity's best interest (except to the extent that they believe blindly imitating their own ancestors is in everyone's best interest).

The Jews thought that Jesus was a son of a whore whereas prophet
Muhammad informed them that Jesus was the messenger of God,
this was enough for the Jews to disrespect prophet Muhammad also
he informed the Christians that Jesus wasn't the son of God, so
saying that he incorporated practices from earlier religions
is false by evidence.

danieldemol

Premium Member
The Jews thought that Jesus was a son of a whore whereas prophet
Muhammad informed them that Jesus was the messenger of God,
this was enough for the Jews to disrespect prophet Muhammad also
he informed the Christians that Jesus wasn't the son of God, so
saying that he incorporated practices from earlier religions
is false by evidence.
No its not, you are basically saying that because Muhammad didn't copy everything He couldn't have copied anything, which does not logically follow.

He could easily have copied some ideas and left others, most religions build upon what came before them

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No its not, you are basically saying that because Muhammad didn't copy everything He couldn't have copied anything, which does not logically follow.

He could easily have copied some ideas and left others, most religions build upon what came before them

That's indeed funny, you said he wanted to let the Christians and the Jews
to accept him and hence he didn't allow eating pork ..etc.

How he wanted them to accept him while he goes against them.
The discussion wasn't about what he wanted to copy from the ancient
religions but you said he wanted them to accept him and I proved you
wrong because simply he was against them, try again.