• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you are from Detroit you may not be able to read!

Rakhel

Again, you haven't met my cousin. He did not want to read, never learned to read and graduated. The school passed him along. These schools still exist. Where no one gives a ****, including the teachers.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
How someone can reach the age of around 12 and not be able to read and write is truly beyond me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would have to say, "all of the above". For the life of me, I cannot see a child going to school for 12+ years and cannot read.
I can't see how that could happen either. It likely is a number of issues, and probably all parties involved are to blame to varying degrees. There is also probably something we aren't aware of, because that is such a high number that it seems to go against everything we have learned about the benefits of making education available to the masses.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I can't see how that could happen either. It likely is a number of issues, and probably all parties involved are to blame to varying degrees. There is also probably something we aren't aware of, because that is such a high number that it seems to go against everything we have learned about the benefits of making education available to the masses.

I don't see funding an issue either. If we threw money at the problem, most likely the school would purchase more books and computers. That would not help these kids. The money would go to higher salaries too. :facepalm: