• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If we evolved....

Skwim

Veteran Member
If we evolved from monkeys....why is a pig valve used in a mitral valve replacement? :facepalm:
If we evolved from monkeys....why are we called pigs when scarfing down food?

If we evolved from monkeys....why are cops sometimes called pigs?

If we evolved from monkeys....why are we sometimes called pig headed?

If we evolved from monkeys....why is carrying someone on our back called piggyback?

If we evolved from monkeys....why is buying something without first looking inside called buying a pig in a poke?

If we evolved from monkeys....Why is no chance that something is true called, "in a pig's eye?

If we evolved from monkeys....Why is sweating profusely called sweating like a pig?

Hmmm. . . . . . . . . we must have evolved from pigs!!
pig_smiling.jpg

Price and politics, Student.
Killing a monkey or ape large enough to have a usable valve solely for that valve would cause a huge public brouhaha, with lawsuits, injunctions, &c.
And, as if the legal fees weren't prohibitive enough, where would you get a donor chimp? If found, how much would it cost?

As I said before. Pig valves are serviceable, if not ideal, readily available and cost almost nothing.

My point is that the OP should learn comparative anatomy and physiology before making the type of comment that was made.

The mitral valve nonetheless, is just a valve preventing the backflow of blood. They could hypothetically use a synthetic valve too, if someone decided to develop one. It would make relatively little difference, as long as the valve functioned as a valve.

It's not like they are transplanting a pig's heart.

Last edited:

Enai de a lukal

My point is that the OP should learn comparative anatomy and physiology before making the type of comment that was made.
Nah, they should brush up on plain ol' common sense- that should be sufficient to prevent future idiocy like this OP... Why don't we use ape parts? Since they're so readily available, right?

Although the OP was right about one thing, this thread is a big old-

And one more time for good measure... ape parts? :facepalm:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It makes sense to use pig parts.

Pigs are physiologically similar to humans in many ways. For instance they sweat, and we sweat. Apes don't sweat. Apes are hairy. Pigs are more like us -- partially hairy. Pig muscle is similar to human muscle, with fat mixed in sometimes.

Me Myself

Back to my username
There is a mistake in the OP title.for some reason it says "if" we evolved.
you must have felt very silly when you found out about that :D

Skwim

Veteran Member
There is a mistake in the OP title.for some reason it says "if" we evolved.
you must have felt very silly when you found out about that :D
But you have to admit that "If we evolved . . . " goes hand in hand with "If we evolved from monkeys."

starlite

Texasgirl

Pigs are physiologically similar to humans in many ways. For instance they sweat, and we sweat. Apes don't sweat. Apes are hairy. Pigs are more like us -- partially hairy. Pig muscle is similar to human muscle, with fat mixed in sometimes.

Thank you for a logical answer

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
BTW, most diseases that humans have, pigs have as well, and both are mostly mutually contagious with the other. This is one of the reasons why so many flues start out in Asia where human and pig contacts are frequent. Maybe that says a LOT about us.

We may have just found the missing link!