• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If shaivaite think shiva is everything, is it Lucifer, etc?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
It made no sense to me, and I tried to explain why by using a couple of analogies.

It is very difficult to explain things across paradigms. You think Lucifer exists. I don't. From that, we're not on the same page, and most likely never will be. I'm a Saivite Hindu, and we accept diversity of opinions, so it's fine with me if you believe in Lucifer.

But mystics don't argue, so I will be out.
Argue about what?

The original question isn't even an argument, or a position.

Kapalika

Premium Member
If shiva is everything, in shivaite claim, is it Lucifer, etc

Learn to spell Shaivite.

Crazy idea though, what if asking this question has no qualitative meaning of the people you are asking don't believe in Lucifer?

I got my own views on this subject, but I'm rather different from the norm in some respects. Either way it all comes down to perspective and preference.

shivaite claim that shiva is everything?

Depends, usually.

Dear god, you've cracked the code!

It's almost as if it's a truism!

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Learn to spell Shaivite.

Crazy idea though, what if asking this question has no qualitative meaning of the people you are asking don't believe in Lucifer?

I got my own views on this subject, but I'm rather different from the norm in some respects. Either way it all comes down to perspective and preference.

Depends, usually.

It's almost as if it's a truism!

Lol...

Are you even a shivaite?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Lol...

Are you even a shivaite?
Umm "Shivaite" is a misspelled word, it assumes the English spelling rules are correct when it's actually a Sanskrit word. Even "Shiva" is technically an Anglicised word to an extent, it's often spelled Siva but pronounced like one would pronounce "shoe". It's actually Shaivite. One doesn't need to belong to the sect to know that.

Kirran

Premium Member
Umm "Shivaite" is a misspelled word, it assumes the English spelling rules are correct when it's actually a Sanskrit word. Even "Shiva" is technically an Anglicised word to an extent, it's often spelled Siva but pronounced like one would pronounce "shoe". It's actually Shaivite. One doesn't need to belong to the sect to know that.

I've never heard it pronounced "shoe"!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I've never heard it pronounced "shoe"!
Really? All my family pronounces it that way. Maybe closer to Shew but yeah I hear it quite frequently around my mother's prayer group. Perhaps it's an accent thing? Or a regional nickname?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Umm "Shivaite" is a misspelled word, it assumes the English spelling rules are correct when it's actually a Sanskrit word. Even "Shiva" is technically an Anglicised word. It's actually Shaivite. One doesn't need to belong to the sect to know that.

Are you always this concerned about spelling?

Did you know that 'Krishnaite', is actually used, /though perhaps not common?

Are you sure it isn't ever Shivaite?

btw, I was asking mandi that, cuase she is Satanist label etc before,
thanks for sharing

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
wait...
You believe Lucifer is a deity?

Yeah Deity could be the right word. or not. it's a matter of what version of story your going by. Actually I used Lucifer as more of a 'general' deity or character, /that was the intent.

yes, I would, personally.

Kirran

Premium Member
Really? All my family pronounces it that way. Maybe closer to Shew but yeah I hear it quite frequently around my mother's prayer group. Perhaps it's an accent thing? Or a regional nickname?

Like, with no 'v' sound at all? I guess it is a regional thing.

Where do Indo-Fijians come from, ancestrally? Bihar?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Yeah Deity could be the right word. or not. it's a matter of what version of story your going by. Actually I used Lucifer as more of a 'general' deity or character, /that was the intent.

yes, I would, personally.
I just find it interesting because I do not put Lucifer or Satan into a specific being category.