• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Obamacare is so great why......

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why do people call it "Obamacare" when in reality the credit belongs to that other guy that some people thought might be better. Ya know, the one who did it first and was only a one-term governor.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Because it it lowers health care costs overall by making insurance affordable for more people.
I really do not think it is going to make that big of a difference in overall cost. There are a few things that needed to be done, such as doing away with limits and pre-existing conditions, but the biggest part of what was signed into law does nothing more than funnel even more money to the private insurance companies. Ergo, as what typically happens in America, the citizens lost out to corporate greed.
Of course if more states cooperated in expanding medicare/medicaid and didn't hesitate with the insurance exchange thingies it might have worked, but because that is not happening in many states I just do not see things changing that much, except you will be expected to have health insurance. That is unless you're like me and eating the penalty is way more affordable than health insurance.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I really do not think it is going to make that big of a difference in overall cost. There are a few things that needed to be done, such as doing away with limits and pre-existing conditions, but the biggest part of what was signed into law does nothing more than funnel even more money to the private insurance companies. Ergo, as what typically happens in America, the citizens lost out to corporate greed.
I do agree the plan was a sellout to the insurance companies. Which makes me wonder why big business conservatives are so set against it?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Where do you come up with this stuff? It's like an alternate reality.

The IRS is keeping their current union plan
I am very concerned about legislation that has been introduced by Congressman Dave Camp to push federal employees out of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) and into the insurance exchanges established under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). . . .

THe IRS chief doesn't want to go through the hastle of signing up for another health care provider when he's fine with what he has..

So you're angry that the ACA will be a competing health care provider to the private for-profit companies? You're angry that the private companies are gouging people with increased prices because they know people will leave for the affordable option?

Stop posting nonsense.

freethinker44

I'm all for universal health care but I don't like the affordable care act. To me universal health care isn't simply forcing everyone to buy health insurance. I would have been happier if they came up with something that cut out insurance companies altogether. It's a step in the right direction, I guess, but I think if you're going to do it, then do it. We should skip all the little baby steps that, let's face it, only exist to benefit insurance comapanies or minimize their losses. We should just cut out insurance companies and go straight to completely socialized health care.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Why do people call it "Obamacare" when in reality the credit belongs to that other guy that some people thought might be better. Ya know, the one who did it first and was only a one-term governor.

Exactly. In fact...one or two of the people involved in crafting RomneyCare helped craft ObamaCare......I believe the name was Jon Grueber.

This is RomneyCare.....
[youtube]gAY0YofJkRM[/youtube]
Mass Health, I've Got it - YouTube

Now where have I heard that before....?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I'm all for universal health care but I don't like the affordable care act. To me universal health care isn't simply forcing everyone to buy health insurance. I would have been happier if they came up with something that cut out insurance companies altogether. It's a step in the right direction, I guess, but I think if you're going to do it, then do it. We should skip all the little baby steps that, let's face it, only exist to benefit insurance comapanies or minimize their losses. We should just cut out insurance companies and go straight to completely socialized health care.

I completely agree...but some Americans have a hard time getting the facts about such a system, don't do the research and are satisfied being lied to. This kind of mentality makes them accept the BS and spin they're fed so they never approach such a grand idea with facts.......

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Personally I think something like Indiana's HIP would have been better (minus the part of being disqualified if your employer offers any sort of insurance) as the rates you pay for your insurance are set around your income, and it's decent insurance. And for those on limited income (such as those on SSD or low income) there is very little to no out of pocket expenses when you visit the doctor.

tytlyf

Not Religious
guess you didn't read the posted links. Just regurgitating the left's propaganda.
Ok, at this point I'm thinking you're a troll. Or you don't realize what you're posting is trollish. You can't possibly be that easily fooled?

esmith

Veteran Member
Ok, at this point I'm thinking you're a troll. Or you don't realize what you're posting is trollish. You can't possibly be that easily fooled?
So you have no problem with the exceptions that have and will be given to the content of the ACA