• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If nobody accused

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If nobody accused others of having the "wrong" faith/belief.

Or if nobody accused others of sin because they don't believe in a God.

But accepted that others understand the world different than themselves.

Would the world be a better place to live?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Nope. It would be a static world without any chance to learn something new, or strengthen one's beliefs when challenged.

Ciao

- viole

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Nope. It would be a static world without any chance to learn something new, or strengthen one's beliefs when challenged.

Ciao

- viole
You can't learn if someone not telling you "you are wrong" ?
Can't you learn by listening and make up your own mind about what you believe to be right or wrong to you?

Altfish

Veteran Member

If God clarified the situation, explained what he wants and expects of his flock then maybe it would be sorted.

Gargovic Malkav

There would be no criminality, but only because nothing would be criminalized.
I think many people would find such an environment a horrible one to live in, so they will try to work together and reinvent the proverbial wheel by designing and imposing laws to combat the undesirable side effects of anarchy and individualism and give rise to the concept known as "society" or "civilization".

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

It would be boring, no discussion or debate on religion. No laughing at people who tell me i will burn in hell (you gotta love those loving religions). And more importantly, no RF...

PureX

Veteran Member

Keep in mind that BILLIONS of humans on this planet accept that other humans understand the world differently than they do, and they have no desire to judge or condemn them for it. But because this is their way, they remain silent on the many 'issues' of the day, and we forget about them. But the truth is that most people aren't in the business of passing judgment on others. It's confusing and exhausting and they have all they can do just deciding how to conduct their own lives. And we should try to keep them in mind when the media, the politicians, the religious institution and big business are all constantly trying to divide us and pit us against each other. Most of the "contention" they generate is made up, and only shared by small radicalized factions among a vast majority of people that have no interest in them.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

If people strived to understand one another rather than pass judgment on each other based upon their own experiences and perceptions, yes, I think the world might be better for it.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Ciao

- viole

Why would a world without accusations be a static world? When you went to school, did you learn nothing new unless you were accused of being wrong about your views?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If God clarified the situation, explained what he wants and expects of his flock then maybe it would be sorted.

So I see you've come around to believing in and intervening God. Good to know.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
There would be no criminality, but only because nothing would be criminalized.

There are other criminal activities other than accusing others of being wrong. Theft comes to mind. How would the absence of what is in the OP prevent theft?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It would be boring, no discussion or debate on religion. No laughing at people who tell me i will burn in hell (you gotta love those loving religions). And more importantly, no RF...

So discussion of religion only comes from accusing another that they are wrong about their views?

I recall a rather long discussion in my living room with my ex's pastor about religion that had nothing to do with telling one another that they were wrong.

There have been 8 Parliament of the World's Religions since 1893, with a 9th scheduled in 2023. I don't think they put those together so they can accuse one another of being wrong.

Gargovic Malkav

There are other criminal activities other than accusing others of being wrong. Theft comes to mind. How would the absence of what is in the OP prevent theft?

If there is no judgment at all, or one is not capable to express it, then the the idea of ownership and theft is moot.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If there is no judgment at all, or one is not capable to express it, then the the idea of ownership and theft is moot.

I don't think the OP is describing a world without judgment. Even if it was, there is still discernment. One can discern another has more assets than another and have the desire to take for themselves to even out the wealth.

ChristineM

Premium Member
So discussion of religion only comes from accusing another that they are wrong about their views?

I recall a rather long discussion in my living room with my ex's pastor about religion that had nothing to do with telling one another that they were wrong.

There have been 8 Parliament of the World's Religions since 1893, with a 9th scheduled in 2023. I don't think they put those together so they can accuse one another of being wrong.

Yes there are discussions with both parties on the same side, then there are antagonistic discussions. RF is testiment to that

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes there are discussions with both parties on the same side, then there are antagonistic discussions. RF is testiment to that

I've had many a non-antagonistic discussion with people who held a worldview dissimilar to mine.

There are just people out there that think they're right, have no intention of learning anything about others, and are dead-set on proving anyone who doesn't see things their way wrong.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I've had many a non-antagonistic discussion with people who held a worldview dissimilar to mine.

There are just people out there that think they're right, have no intention of learning anything about others, and are dead-set on proving anyone who doesn't see things their way wrong.

So have i, i have also had people threaten me (and my children) with hell during discussion

And you are correct

Gargovic Malkav

I don't think the OP is describing a world without judgment. Even if it was, there is still discernment. One can discern another has more assets than another and have the desire to take for themselves to even out the wealth.

Sure, and the one with more assets may have a desire to protect it with their life because they don't care or understand what their "success" does to others.
I think the resulting emotions from such situations will likely lead to some sense of right and wrong; a code of honor, and/or a law.