• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If LORD JESUS CHRIST were to make Himself known who would follow Him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
doppelgänger;1355121 said:
See . . . it's in the script. If the Bible said that we can fly off of buildings with enough faith, someone would be peeling drs's carcass off the hood of their car.

Wait...are you implying that drs doesn't have enough faith? :eek:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
shall we look at these issues 1 at a time.

verse 16 world is it's inhabatents( same verse, whoever believes in Hin)

verse 17 GOD did not send his Son to condem the world ( people of verse 16 who believe in him)

verse 18) verse 18 makes it clear( he who believes is not condemned but he who does not believe is condemned already)

verse 19)now we see the condemnation( the light ,JESUS CHRIST) has come into the world but men/women loved darkness ( all forms of sin and evil)

verse 20) every one practicing evil hates the light(JESUS CHRIST)

verse 21) he who does the truth comes to the light ( JESUS CHRIST)

To be included into the Kingdom of GOD and go to heaven you have to believe in him and all that he stands for.

If you do not believe you are unincluded.

believe = inclusion

unbelieve = uninclusion

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

this will show the contrast of between inclusion and uninclusion

wide gate = uninclusion in the Kingom of Heaven

narrow gate = inclusion in the Kingdom of Heaven
The Narrow Way

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

This whole schpeel is based on your own ridiculous and self-contradictory definition of "World". Not only isn't your definition backed up by the Bible, it completely contradcicts the Bible's definition.

It isn't enough for you to have rewritten the Bible, now you have to rewrite the dictionary too?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Maybe you don't understand true love.

true love would be to believe in your FATHER in heaven and obey all that he says
because he knows better than you.

you deny your GOD and creator, where is your love for him.

He loves you and you reject him by not believing in his word.
*time to bring this to his level of understanding I guess*

I believe in the Mother and Father. I don't deny them at all. I love Them and I know They love me. Then again, the Mother and Father aren't abusive at all and have unconditional love for all Their children. No matter how you seem to stray from Them and prefer an abusive parent They have love for you...do not fear. Granted, you will have to come back after this life is over and keep learning the lessons you have failed to learn in this life. But that is what reincarnation is for and it is for your own good. May you be granted with the lessons you need to learn and you be open to gaining the wisdom you need to gain in order to progress in this world and in Their Light and Love. :bb:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Maybe you don't understand true love.

true love would be to believe in your FATHER in heaven and obey all that he says
because he knows better than you.

you deny your GOD and creator, where is your love for him.

He loves you and you reject him by not believing in his word.

I reject any self-proclaimed God that favors foolishness over wisdom.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
why am I silly? because I believe and you don't?
No. Because you're trying to convince people that they should want to think and be like you by being arrogant, insulting, disrespectful and idiotic.

That's pretty silly, dude.

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger;1355141 said:
No. Because you're trying to convince people that they should want to think and be like you by being arrogant, insulting, disrespectful and idiotic.

That's pretty silly, dude.

Holy cow!! De ja vu.

Wow.

madcap

Eternal Optimist
because GOD according to his own will decided to do that, no one need question him.

You don't wonder if maybe there's a special meaning behind his using a flood? There's no specific lesson you can learn from it other than "God does whatever he wants"?

And for that matter...if God made the universe and the world and all the people in it, and God is all-powerful and can do whatever he wants whenever he wants, and God has already predetermined who will and who will not be saved, then do you need to question "If LORD JESUS CHRIST were to make Himself known who would follow Him?" Why ask questions about God's plan now but not wonder about the past stuff?

drs

This whole schpeel is based on your own ridiculous and self-contradictory definition of "World". Not only isn't your definition backed up by the Bible, it completely contradcicts the Bible's definition.

It isn't enough for you to have rewritten the Bible, now you have to rewrite the dictionary too?

ok you deny that which doesen't make sense

so you are saying LORD JESUS went to the cross and gave his life to save the planet and not the people who believe.

Ridiculous considering he is going to destroy this planet in the future.

Revelation 21 (New King James Version)

Revelation 21

All Things Made New

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John,[a] saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,[b] “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
6 And He said to me, “It is done![c] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things,[d] and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[e] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger;1355144 said:
Ask God with an open mind and see if you can get an answer. It's obvious to everyone but you. But that's not surprising since you are engaged in blasphemy.

ha! You press him any harder and someone will find him in a dark corner in a fetal position muttering the blasphemy "Dopp is my daddy."

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
doppelgänger;1355081 said:
But it then broke up after the koalas walked to what is now Australia (which still leaves the problem of what they ate on the way) sometime after Noah's flood? Why isn't the spontaneous breakup of Pangaea and sudden movement of continents across thousands of miles ever mentioned in the Bible? Seems like it would have made the cut for things worth mentioning if tectonic plates suddenly were moved by the hand of God cracking up the Earth and moving the continents thousands of miles apart over the course of what must have been a matter of a few years at most.

You make Christianity look sillier and sillier with every post.

I find that a little odd too..Its seems like that would be an important bit of information...It could be because at the time the men that came up with this story had no knowledge of how the earth was actually formed.

Love

Dallas

A

angellous_evangellous

ok you deny that which doesen't make sense

so you are saying LORD JESUS went to the cross and gave his life to save the planet and not the people who believe.

Ridiculous considering he is going to destroy this planet in the future.

Revelation 21 (New King James Version)

Revelation 21

All Things Made New

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John,[a] saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,[b] “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
6 And He said to me, “It is done![c] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things,[d] and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[e] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Is there a fast forward on this tape recorder? I've read this before.

drs

*time to bring this to his level of understanding I guess*

I believe in the Mother and Father. I don't deny them at all. I love Them and I know They love me. Then again, the Mother and Father aren't abusive at all and have unconditional love for all Their children. No matter how you seem to stray from Them and prefer an abusive parent They have love for you...do not fear. Granted, you will have to come back after this life is over and keep learning the lessons you have failed to learn in this life. But that is what reincarnation is for and it is for your own good. May you be granted with the lessons you need to learn and you be open to gaining the wisdom you need to gain in order to progress in this world and in Their Light and Love. :bb:

ofcourse, those are the destrutive doctrines of demons.

ofcourse, they will tell you these things to keep you from the truth.

1 Timothy 4 (New King James Version)

1 Timothy 4

The Great Apostasy

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons

Status
Not open for further replies.