• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If life evolves under the right conditions, “Where is everybody?”

As we explore deeper and deeper into space, we are not finding any signs of alien life. As physicist Enrico Fermie quipped, “Where is Everybody?” For an evolutionist, the search for alien life is the search for his own origins. “We believe we are conducting the most profound search in human history — to know our beginnings and our place among the stars,” declares the SETI institute.

Let me suggest that without alien life forms on other planets evolution from common descent becomes less believable. If earth is not uniquely qualified or designed for life then life should have evolved simultaneous on other planets. And if earth is uniquely qualified for life then that confirms the Bible's creation account. The Bible tells us that through creation the earth is where God’s attention and plan for life is. The Bible says that Christ become a man, not an alien and is seated at the right hand of the Father, not ministering to aliens. The Bible is confirmed again.

Considering the vast number of stars in our galaxy alone and the fact that we have barely begun to search for life on other worlds, I would say it's too early to say we are alone in the universe.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Which is why it's poorly named and as far as I know, only supported in pop-sci books not actual scientific literature.

wa:do

logician

Considering the vast number of stars in our galaxy alone and the fact that we have barely begun to search for life on other worlds, I would say it's too early to say we are alone in the universe.

I for one have not been saying this, more than likely we are not alone, but we cannot assume that the universe is bursting at the seams with intelligent life either, until some proof of that comes forth.

Man of Faith

I find the diverse possibilities of what that life could be like to be very interesting.

If you accept the ToE, which I assume you do, don't you think we can make some predictions, from looking at life on earth, about life in the same universe with the same natural laws? Wouldn't alien life kill and eat other life forms? And you are eager to see them?

If you accept the ToE, which I assume you do, don't you think we can make some predictions, from looking at life on earth, about life in the same universe with the same natural laws?

Yes I accept ToE as fact and because of that I would be fascinated by the seemingly infinite diversity that could potentially be found out there.

Wouldn't alien life kill and eat other life forms? And you are eager to see them?

I'm sure certain predictions can be made about what might be found out there. However, it is the unexpected findings that intrigue me most those things that would be most surprising in nature that no one could have imagined.

I'm not certain what your trying to get at here we eat other life forms to survive it is the way things work here, do you find that disturbing?

Yes I would be eager to see a new and different life form from another planet I am always fascinated when new species of life are found here on earth also. I find the vast diversity of life that nature produces to be very humbling and awesome.

I am a bit confused by your questioning do you find potential life from another planet troubling? Are you disturbed by the idea? If so, why?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
If you accept the ToE, which I assume you do, don't you think we can make some predictions, from looking at life on earth, about life in the same universe with the same natural laws? Wouldn't alien life kill and eat other life forms? And you are eager to see them?
Some people value learning... even if some people insist it's dangerous.

wa:do

Man of Faith

Yes I accept ToE as fact and because of that I would be fascinated by the seemingly infinite diversity that could potentially be found out there.

I'm sure certain predictions can be made about what might be found out there. However, it is the unexpected findings that intrigue me most those things that would be most surprising in nature that no one could have imagined.

I'm not certain what your trying to get at here we eat other life forms to survive it is the way things work here, do you find that disturbing?

Yes I would be eager to see a new and different life form from another planet I am always fascinated when new species of life are found here on earth also. I find the vast diversity of life that nature produces to be very humbling and awesome.

I am a bit confused by your questioning do you find potential life from another planet troubling? Are you disturbed by the idea? If so, why?

We can't get along with the life on this earth, do you think it would be better with aliens?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

It's hard to make concrete predictions without knowing more about the environment. These life forms may not even be carbon based, and could be the first life forms we've ever seen without DNA. There would probably be eating of other life, but all animal do that, and I think the earth is richer for them. Yes, all the laws of physics and ToE would apply, but in a completely different environment.

We can't get along with the life on this earth, do you think it would be better with aliens?

I wasn't necessarily thinking that the life we would encounter would be "intelligent" or "sentient".

I highly doubt that that if we did find a planet that potentially held life that we would have the technology to travel to that planet within my life time. So I don't get too concerned with how we will treat our first interaction with alien life if it ever happens.

logician

Given how easily we war within our own species, it may be best if we never really encounter intelligent alien life forms.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Why not? Can't imagine that sentient life forms can evolve on other planets? Congradulations you are close to being a creationist because I can't imagine that either
Hardly...
Sentience isn't an end goal and thus not a guaranteed "destination" for life to take. You are much more likely to find "animal" life than "civilized" life.

Besides critters are just as fun!