• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus Died...

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The context was the discussion about entering the spiritual fellowship that Jesus called The Kingdom of Heaven, the spiritual rebirth required to enter and his authority to teach such things. Jesus wasn't saying that he had ascended into heaven at some time in the past.
No it wasn't the context of the discussion.

YoursTrue

This is Vague

There are 2 positions as explained in :
1 Corinthians 15
"There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor."

John 3
"I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven-the Son of Man."
The context of the discussion was about Elijah being taken in a whirlwind to heaven when he left Elisha. Evidently a poster here thinks Elijah went to the spiritual heavens at that point rather than be transported by God's spirit to another place on earth.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
If you look up the interlinear word for word translation from Hebrew to English, you will see it can mean sky. As well as heaven. Also in the beginning God created the heavens(s) and the earth. Apparently that meant physical heaven. Sun, moon, stars,etc. thanks.

Genesis 1
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.God called the vault 'sky'. And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

As i said heavenly and earthly positions .

YoursTrue

Genesis 1
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.God called the vault 'sky'. And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

Interestingly, different translations for Genesis 1:14 has heavens OR sky.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Ezekiel 34:11-16
"For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them.As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness.I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land.I will tend them in a good pasture, and the mountain heights of Israel will be their grazing land. There they will lie down in good grazing land, and there they will feed in a rich pasture on the mountains of Israel.I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign Lord.I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice.

And continues

Ezekiel 34:17-24
"As for you, my flock, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: .......
I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them. I the Lord have spoken."

David as prince reffers to Jewish people , as Ezekiel 34:17 starts with "As for you..."

Hosea 3:5 also reffers to children of Israel.
John 14:6
“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Revelation 17:14
"They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings,and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers."

I look forward sharing toughts with you

Peace
I'm not sure if you are saying, 'Yes. David is used figuratively to represent someone else, or No."
Can you please confirm your answer. Thanks.

Last edited:

Colt

Genesis 1

The JW’s think Enoch and Elijah are living in a place in the sky and God used them for special occasions. They put a lot of effort trying to keep people from going to heaven before Jesus. Messes up the 144,000 count maybe?

nPeace

Veteran Member
1. I believe the fact that Jesus didn't die on the cross is ancillary since the body of Jesus died and that is usually enough for most people.
2. I believe the Bible is quite clear that Jesus was raised from the dead. Looking for loopholes doesn't change that.
3. I believe Paul eloquently preached the gospel and that is worth more than any treasure.
4. I believe the premise is false so therefore the conclusion is also.
I believe the fact that Jesus didn't die...
I believe the Bible is quite clear that Jesus was raised from the dead...

t1818.gif

nPeace

Veteran Member
The JW’s think Enoch and Elijah are living in a place in the sky and God used them for special occasions.
This is the biggest lie I have heard for the year. Is this April 1st, or prank night?

Colt

The JW’s think Enoch and Elijah are living in a place in the sky and God used them for special occasions.
This is the biggest lie I have heard for the year. Is this April 1st, or prank night?
It’s a reflection of your efforts to erase, twist and distort the scripture.

nPeace

Veteran Member
The father of lies is Satan the Devil. His ministers follow his examples, and tell lies because the scriptures don't support what they want to believe. John 8:44

(John 8:48, 49) 48 In answer the Jews said to him: “Are we not right in saying, ‘You are a Sa·marʹi·tan and have a demon’?” 49 Jesus answered: “I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me.

Last edited:

Colt

The father of lies is Satan the Devil. His ministers follow his examples, and tell lies because the scriptures don't support what they want to believe. John 8:44

(John 8:48, 49) 48 In answer the Jews said to him: “Are we not right in saying, ‘You are a Sa·marʹi·tan and have a demon’?” 49 Jesus answered: “I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me.
There is only one God! The delusion that Satan could ever be a God was his greatest lie! Apparently you bought into that as well.

YoursTrue

The JW’s think Enoch and Elijah are living in a place in the sky and God used them for special occasions. They put a lot of effort trying to keep people from going to heaven before Jesus. Messes up the 144,000 count maybe?
You are absolutely wrong about that.

YoursTrue

There is only one God! The delusion that Satan could ever be a God was his greatest lie! Apparently you bought into that as well.
You are incorrect about this. Meantime do you even understand that sky and heaven are translated from the same Hebrew word and various translations interchange one for the other?

YoursTrue

Do you believe in a triune godhead? Many do. By the way you might need to review definitions again.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Interestingly, different translations for Genesis 1:14 has heavens OR sky.
I understand what you mean , but that does not change anything since there is earthly understanding and heavenly understanding.

Acts 1:11 say that Jesus was taken into heaven and the apostles were looking into the empty sky.

Sky is just reflection on something above,it's mirror in methaphorical sense

Where is the kingdom?
Matthew 13:33
He told them still another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds of flour until it worked all through the dough."

Luke 17:20-21
Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied "The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed,nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is in your midst."

The kingdom of God is in your heart!

Proverbs 4:23
"Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life."

Isaiah 29:13
The Lord says:
"These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips,but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught."

Mark 7:6-8
"He replied, 'Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:These people honor me with their lips,but their hearts are far from me.They worship me in vain;their teachings are merely human rules.'
You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions."

1 Corinthians 13:8-12
"Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Mark 1:15
"The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"

YoursTrue

Some people think differently about heavenly and earthly life. Take care and have a nice day. And sky and heaven and translation. Again, take care bye.

Colt

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
I'm not sure if you are saying, 'Yes. David is used figuratively to represent someone else, or No."
Can you please confirm your answer. Thanks.
When you replied me the first time , you gaved me one advice , let the Scripture do the work..

David is described as King of the people of Israel.

You can see the difference in:

John 10:16
"And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd"

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
1 John 2:2

For all of Man's sins, aren't we all then redeemed?
The payment made in full. Nothing else is being asked of us.

To say God asks anything else from us, isn't this denying the payment Jesus already made?
96.Does every man sin?

(a) Yes. “There is no man who does not sin” (I Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John 1:810)
(b) No. True Christians cannot possibly sin, because they are the children of God. “Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God. (I John 5:1). “We should be called children of God; and so we are” (I John 3: 1). “He who loves is born of God” (I John 4:7). “No one born of God commits sin; for God’s nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God” (I John 3:9).
But, then again, Yes! “If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us” (I John 1:8)

Regards