• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Intelligent Design is a scientific theory...

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Scientists are human beings after all, just distinct from other human beings by having less practical applicable knowledge of anything real than most other human beings.

Wow. Just wow. Scientists have less "practical applicable knowledge" than most of humanity.

Do you enjoy air conditioning in your car? Do you enjoy being able to dive to locations instead of walking to them or riding a cart? Those are the result of "practical applicable knowledge" provided by scientists.

Please tell me what creationists have done to improve your life to compared to that. You should probably stop using science's gifts to you and use and rely only on what creationists have given you. Wouldn't that be the right thing to do given your opinions about science and scientists?

siti

Alan Feduccia, biology professor at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill:

"It’s just not a dinosaur. In other words, there’s not anything about this creature that allows classifying it as a dinosaur," he said.

You'd need to get in touch with the biology prof. and point out to him where he 'f***ed up' Siti, I'm sure he'd be glad of your superior understanding!

And if he doesn't believe you, I'm sure some expletives will help, they are always a sure sign of cool level headed dispassionate thinking.
Since when was fouled (or should I say fowled?:rolleyes:) an expletive? See what happens when you make too much of the "missing" links? BTW - I know he says it isn't a dinosaur (I read his paper, not just the popular news bytes) - he claims the creature predates the dinosaur and that it, rather than the many feathered and otherwise bird-like theropod dinosaurs, might be the ancestor of birds. Well it might be, but in that case, where did the other bird-like dinosaur fossils come from? If he's right, either bird-like features such as feathers, wings and perching claws have evolved twice (that could true, certainly flight has evolved at least three other times) or they were possessed by the ancestors of the dinosaurs. It may that our current classification of birds being dinosaurs is wrong and that from an evolutionary point of view, dinosaurs were actually (mostly, but not all, flightless) birds. This idea has been proposed a long time ago and may turn out to be right. None of it is evidence against evolution or in favour of ID.