• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God Is Omnipotent and Omniscient...

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
1. Why doesn't He just snap His divine fingers and erase sin?
2. Why doesn't He just nod and eradicate all sickness and disease?
3. Why doesn't He just put it into the minds of every human what true religion is?
4. Why doesn't He destroy Satan and the demons, since He created them?
5. Why doesn't He reveal himself to the world so that all will believe?

:shrug:

Skwim

Veteran Member
3. Why doesn't He just put it into the minds of every human what true religion is?
He needs to give his creatures reason enough to come to him; worship him, ask him for forgiveness, tell him how much they love him, and most of all, save them from the dire fate he has in store for those who don't come to him to worship him, ask him for forgiveness, tell him how much they love him. Why has he done such a thing? Good question.

If everyone believed then there would be no "chosen few." It's god's way of giving the faithful the impression they're special. A pat on the back as it were. Why? Good question.

Thana

Lady

Why should He?
And instead of asking why God doesn't make all the world's problems go away, you should probably ask yourself why you assume you deserve it.

And honestly, if He did all that then what would have been the point of creating us in the first place? If you take away sin and sickness and the need for faith then there's not much interesting left about humans, now is there?

allfoak

Alchemist

Gnosis is the answer.

We exist within the mind of God.
I know of many, and would assume that most Holy books and teachings will confirm this; we are on a journey, our eternal souls are on a journey.
It is a journey of Gnosis, a journey of knowledge through experience.
We are instruments being used to turn matter to spirit, through the experience of the essence of all things.

Our soul gains Gnosis through us (the body consciousness) and God gains Gnosis through our eternal souls, which are the neurons in the mind of God that grow through the experience we are having here, each neuron having a consciousness of their own.

Such is the paradox of life.

We think we are somehow separate from God, and in one sense we are holographically, yet if we were actually separate we would not exist.
We are a thought with it's own consciousness that has it's development and being within the mind of God.

If after coming to an understanding of this, one would also understand that if God were to "snap his fingers" and change all of this into utopia it would completely negate the purpose and plan that is already in place, in fact it would not even be possible.
A plan that, while it is finished, must play out on the cross that is life to ensure that when it is finished, " it is finished".

Again, such is the paradox of life.

index.php

Aquitaine

Why should He?
And instead of asking why God doesn't make all the world's problems go away, you should probably ask yourself why you assume you deserve it.

And honestly, if He did all that then what would have been the point of creating us in the first place? If you take away sin and sickness and the need for faith then there's not much interesting left about humans, now is there?

So you're against the ide of humans bettering themselves through technology, because the less suffering we experience, the duller our lives?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

Why doesn't he just create perfect robots? The glory of this all comes from using reason and effort to find him. (I am a non-dual (God and creation are not-two) Hindu that also accepts reincarnation and the eventual liberation of all.)

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
If God Is Omnipotent and Omniscient...

God is all-powerful and all-knowing. God just doesn't exist right now. A Christian would say we are in some kind of experiment God is testing us through.

God just doesn't exist, right now. A Christian would say we inherited sin through the likes of Adam and Eve and has caused all our suffering.

God just doesn't exist ... right now. A Christian would say "free will" however. Adam and Eve took care of that.

God just doesn't exist ... right now. A Christian would say ... I don't know what a Christian would say, other than "he will".

God just doesn't exist right now. A Christian would say something vaguely about "free will".

Just like you I am a deist. A pandeist. I believe that God = Universe, but the Universe =/= God. God is a state of being that the Universe goes through, so instead of thinking that God is this being, I have instead thought about about the qualities to which a God would obtain, and apply them to my own understanding.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I would like to answer these questions, but if god does not exist, wouldnt your answers have to go by the books that talk about him?

1. Well, The Book it says he can. Why would a believer say he cant? That would be contradicting his nature according to the Book.

2. The book says he can. His son rose a person from death. God saved people who sarved. Christ did the same.

3. According tot he book, he did. Sometime during the period of the Church, middle ages, wars affoot, and hundreds of tranlations people stoped trusting with X Bible said and thought Y was better. Then they scrambled around blaming people who had Bible Z while others didnt use the Bible at all but felt they were the Body of Christ (The Church), the Bible is in the Church.

4. He said in the book he would later on somewhere in Revelations I believe. Why not now? He's god.

5. According to the book, he already has. First by his actual voice. Then by angels. Then by the burning bush, star, and things of nature. Then by his son. Then through his apostles. Now trough his words and the spirit that drives Christians to be with Christ.

If anything Id be asking, what type of god do you expect to show up?

He isnt described in the bible. So, if he appeared, would you know it?
What type of characteristics would you define god to be like? OT? NT? Jesus? Angel? Star? Spirit? Burning bush?

He is invisible in the bible, why would we assume he should be visible now?

Thats not the nature of the Christian faith.

I know that doesnt quite answer your questions. :shrug:

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
God is all-powerful and all-knowing. God just doesn't exist right now. A Christian would say we are in some kind of experiment God is testing us through.

God just doesn't exist, right now. A Christian would say we inherited sin through the likes of Adam and Eve and has caused all our suffering.

God just doesn't exist ... right now. A Christian would say "free will" however. Adam and Eve took care of that.

God just doesn't exist ... right now. A Christian would say ... I don't know what a Christian would say, other than "he will".

God just doesn't exist right now. A Christian would say something vaguely about "free will".

Just like you I am a deist. A pandeist. I believe that God = Universe, but the Universe =/= God. God is a state of being that the Universe goes through, so instead of thinking that God is this being, I have instead thought about about the qualities to which a God would obtain, and apply them to my own understanding.
What on earth do you mean 'God does not exist right now'?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Because God isn't a man or a person, God is all there is, everything is One in God, too many want to put a face to God, and also add their idea of God, and so we made God in our own image.

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
What on earth do you mean 'God does not exist right now'?

Divinity does not always exist by those that obtain such greatness. My creation story co-exists with the big bang. My belief is that whatever was that caused the Universe, which was the size of a grape, to explode (thereby introducing universal entropy), is God, and my belief is that the thing that caused the Universe to exist the way it is right now was self-causing, therefore the Universe existed because it willed itself to exist. Because God was the thing that caused the big bang, the Universe at that moment, now that there is ever-increasing amounts of entropy, there is no longer the divine thing it once stood. I believe the Universe has two options: one, indefinite entropy, which everything and everybody in the entire Universe is spread so far away from each other that there is no absolute hope of resolution, or indefinite extropy, which intelligent lifeforms ultimately cause the destruction of entropic decay throughout the Universe and a reverse big-bang happens (otherwise known as the big crunch). If the later happens, it will ultimately create and fashion all of us as divine beings with infinite divinity.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Divinity does not always exist by those that obtain such greatness. My creation story co-exists with the big bang. My belief is that whatever was that caused the Universe, which was the size of a grape, to explode (thereby introducing universal entropy), is God, and my belief is that the thing that caused the Universe to exist the way it is right now was self-causing, therefore the Universe existed because it willed itself to exist. Because God was the thing that caused the big bang, the Universe at that moment, now that there is ever-increasing amounts of entropy, there is no longer the divine thing it once stood. I believe the Universe has two options: one, indefinite entropy, which everything and everybody in the entire Universe is spread so far away from each other that there is no absolute hope of resolution, or indefinite extropy, which intelligent lifeforms ultimately cause the destruction of entropic decay throughout the Universe and a reverse big-bang happens (otherwise known as the big crunch). If the later happens, it will ultimately create and fashion all of us as divine beings with infinite divinity.
Always nice to see other peoples' unique opinions :)

Etritonakin

1. Because that would require destroying us -or give up the plan of making us gods. Our involvement is required in that process. We must each master sin -overcome it (Gen 4:7 If you do what is right, won't you be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it. Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.)

2. He will -after this experience has accomplished its general purpose. God actually uses such even for specific purposes (plagues, etc.). The overall purpose of this temporary life is to experience a relative absence of God -and to gain initial experience generally. God made things perfect for Satan -then Adam and Eve -then began working with Israel -but they chose to do things contrary to him -as many others would -so we experience what is contrary to him -and will be prepared to accept him later.
God could do all sorts of wonderful things, but it would not make a difference. Experience makes a difference. (Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death)

3 Because that -in itself -would not cause them to DO it. Experience will make us weary of doing otherwise. Actually, God is not calling all people at this time. He is calling some now for the specific purpose of creating a government of immortals -called the firstfruits. When the kingdoms of the Earth become the kingdoms of Christ, those made immortal in the first resurrection will reign with him as kings and priests -and all who have ever lived will eventually be resurrected into that new situation -judged according to their works -and given the opportunity to live forever. Those humans born under that government (for example, in the thousand years between the first and second resurrections) will not have the same horrific experiences we do -but neither will they have the opportunity to become as strong and great because of the experience -which God likens to refining gold by fire. Jewels are also made by intense pressures and forces.
(Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.)

4. Many might call me blasphemous, but he does not desire to destroy Satan and the demons. They are his errant sons. They are the spirits in prison the being who became Christ preached to in the days of Noah (1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison) -who had rebelled after being turned by Satan against God (Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.) Any sinning being who does not eventually repent CAN be destroyed -but God would rather bring them to repentance if possible -and that also requires that they decide to do so. Due to their present mindset, however, I'd advise steering clear -that is between them and God. (As written.... Jud 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee)

5. Because believing that he exists is not enough. He will reveal himself when it will make a difference. He revealed himself initially to give opportunity and initiate his plan (yes -it is all part of a plan -all declared from the beginning). He then distanced himself when it was wise to do so -and will reveal himself when it is again wise to do so.
Psa 10:1 Why standest thou afar off, O LORD? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?
Isa 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
Eze 37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
1Co 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
Pro 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Technically, God is everything -the one by whom all things consist. If the Father (who no man has ever "seen") were to "reveal himself" to you, it would be a manifestation of himself within himself -for your experience. He is the "person" -the "mind" of all things, but his body is technically everything -though he could technically represent himself as anything. Some have personally seen manifestations of the Word of God -the Lord -such as when Moses saw the back parts of the Lord's "glorious" body, but as his body can be whatever he decides, revealing himself would technically mean revealing his personality and power in our own sight and experience -and that will happen to all eventually.
However, it is written that the things of God are apparent in what was made -and it all reveals something about him -even the present state of things. More important than a show of power is knowing God's personality -and keeping the commandments is an excellent way to get to know him. There will be many shows of power which will deceive -but understanding and DOing the truth will make deception less likely.

If you do not want to wait for god to reveal himself to all, I suggest you do the following. God is not inaccessible -and he does still reveal himself to individuals in many different ways.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
Jas 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

It is rather interesting how so many people will claim god is all knowing and all powerful in one breath then turn right around and limit the power and or knowledge of their all powerful all knowing god.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
If He did all that what would there be left for us to do?

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.

Live a life without cancer, heart disease, epilepsy, etc. Live a life without countries/radicals/terrorists going to war in the name of religion X. All worship or at least acknowledge God as the Supreme being. Quit filling people's heads with nonsense about some mystical scapegoat that they can blame for all the evil in the world.

Lastly, to shut the atheists up. :D

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

The answer to all five questions: simple, because he is neither omniscient nor omnipotent

Owneh

Why should He?

INTERESTING?

You think god has made all of the worlds problems to keep life interesting?

Go and tell a starving Ethiopian child that the reason he is starving is to keep life "interesting" and see what he comes back with.

Enjoy life. You seem to see life as a puzzle which is meant to be solved, and that sounds great in practice, but when the unsolved puzzle brings misery and torture comparable to the depths of hell for some people, through no fault of their own, the puzzle takes a much more sinister turn.

What would be left for us to do? Enjoy life and make our goals not to stop little Jim from being beat up from his parents, or Akumbo from starving on his 3rd birthday, but to truely enjoy life for its epicurean relishes.

1. Because that would require destroying us -or give up the plan of making us gods. Our involvement is required in that process. We must each master sin -overcome it (Gen 4:7 If you do what is right, won't you be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it. Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.)

2. He will -after this experience has accomplished its general purpose. God actually uses such even for specific purposes (plagues, etc.). The overall purpose of this temporary life is to experience a relative absence of God -and to gain initial experience generally. God made things perfect for Satan -then Adam and Eve -then began working with Israel -but they chose to do things contrary to him -as many others would -so we experience what is contrary to him -and will be prepared to accept him later.
God could do all sorts of wonderful things, but it would not make a difference. Experience makes a difference. (Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death)

1. Why not create us in the state in which we've already overcame it?

2. Why not implant the knowledge himself of what life is without him, instead of making millions of innocent people suffer just for an "experience.". Your god is pathetic.
Because God isn't a man or a person, God is all there is, everything is One in God, too many want to put a face to God, and also add their idea of God, and so we made God in our own image.

How can you state beliefs without any logic behind it? That's not debating in the slightest.

Last edited:

Thana

Lady
INTERESTING?

You think god has made all of the worlds problems to keep life interesting?

Go and tell a starving Ethiopian child that the reason he is starving is to keep life "interesting" and see what he comes back with.

Jeez, a starving ethiopian child? How original.

And I didn't say anything about keeping life interesting, I said it was about what made humans interesting.