• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God is evil...

My belief is that God is not perfect. I don't think that he's evil or vindictive, but I don't think he's not either. If there is a God, then he makes mistakes, contrary to what The bible says and what most religions teach. Taking the things he's done in the Bible, especially the old testament, into consideration, he definitely can't be perfect. But at the same time, he did create Heaven for us and he is loving. So he's just like us; he makes mistakes, but he is not evil.

And to answer the question, if he was completely evil I would not worship him. I would rather go to Hell than worship something evil.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
My belief is that God is not perfect. I don't think that he's evil or vindictive, but I don't think he's not either. If there is a God, then he makes mistakes, contrary to what The bible says and what most religions teach. Taking the things he's done in the Bible, especially the old testament, into consideration, he definitely can't be perfect. But at the same time, he did create Heaven for us and he is loving. So he's just like us; he makes mistakes, but he is not evil.

And to answer the question, if he was completely evil I would not worship him. I would rather go to Hell than worship something evil.

God being capable of making mistakes does solve the Problem of Evil; and a God that makes mistakes can still be a good God worthy of respect and worship in my opinion.

The creation of hell is an evil act IMO.

ellenjanuary

I'm confuseled. :confused: How can a guy like Viper claim to be a Roman Catholic and not be a theist? I mean, I'm a theist; but that's just because there is a bunch of atheists here - and it's WAR! :cool:

But evil is just a matter of scale. If I'm a nobody and I kill someone; I'm evil. If I'm a platoon sergeant and kill somebody, it's unfortunate. If I'm a colonel and kill somebody, it's logistics. God is beyond scale. People that are broke in the head and do evil; it ain't because they're evil, it is because they're broke in the head.

Midnight Pete

God being capable of making mistakes does solve the Problem of Evil; and a God that makes mistakes can still be a good God worthy of respect and worship in my opinion.

There is no solution to the Problem of Evil. And if was a solution, you would dismiss it as such because of your impossible-to-meet standards.

I think this is why you'll never be able to bend at the knees or the neck.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
If "God" created everything, then "God" created mistakes too.

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
Not evil, but necessary. Where but a prison would you store your most dangerous citizens?

Prisons are for proportional justice, which hell is not.

And if a god can take a sinner who is saved and transform him into a perfected safe being in heaven, why can't he do that to anyone? And if justice needs to be served first, why not just send thd wicked to hell for a finite time first?

The problem of evil that exists in the world is one thing. But the sadistic injustice of hell makes for a god who is no longer just imperfect, but patently as evil as any devil could be.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I've never heard of someone thrown in jail for having sinful thoughts. "Thoughtcrime" exists outside the literary works of George Orwell only as paranoid delusional fantasy.

yes but god knows your thoughts...
so can you go to hell for having sinful thoughts, in your opinion?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I've never heard of someone thrown in jail for having sinful thoughts. "Thoughtcrime" exists outside the literary works of George Orwell only as paranoid delusional fantasy.

What about when Jesus said committing adultery in the heart is the same as committing adultery for real? Is that not a thought crime?

Gloone

What about when Jesus said committing adultery in the heart is the same as committing adultery for real? Is that not a thought crime?
According to Jesus it is because you are looking at someone for lust not love. It is not a crime though it is just considered sin.

Last edited:

Midnight Pete

Prisons are for proportional justice, which hell is not.

And if a god can take a sinner who is saved and transform him into a perfected safe being in heaven, why can't he do that to anyone?

Because salvation is always consensual, and not everyone will consent to being saved. There is always the choice to be made. The problem is choice.

And if justice needs to be served first, why not just send thd wicked to hell for a finite time first?

What we do in life echoes in eternity .............

The problem of evil that exists in the world is one thing. But the sadistic injustice of hell makes for a god who is no longer just imperfect, but patently as evil as any devil could be.

The words of the Accuser mouthed by human beings. :rolleyes: