• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God is energy.

I see people as beacons. However, I'm not entirely certain that my idea that people can be beacons, does or doesn't require that God itself is energy. For example, God could not be energy, yet make energy.

Although, I may have a stricter definition of energy than is being used for the question, really.
My God created energy.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If God is energy ( do not need to be the abrahanic God) and everything is build or created by energy, wouldn't that mean a human being should be able to "tap in to" the energy of God?
Is that how a human being can awaken to God from within?
As I see it, human beings themselves are a huge bundle of energy. Convert 70 kg or so of mass to energy (E=mc squared), it could light Helsinki for full one year.
Do Gods exist? Why do people need to bring in God to all discussions?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
According to Advaita Vedanta of Hinduism, Brahman is pure consciousness which is the substratum of the multiverse or known existence. All matter, energy, space, time and causation are the diverse manifestations of this unitary consciousness.

And yes, a human being can tap into this energy or consciousness because his own consciousness devoid of intense desires of cravings or aversions is this pure consciousness. This is why Hinduism or Buddhism or other religious philosophies advocate the elimination of strong desires through meditation and spiritual practices.

Goals are okay but not cravings or aversions as they create a feverish state of mind productive of misery and discontentment. All vices like greed, hatred, lust and consequent crimes like murder, robbery, rape, torture can be traced back to these cravings and aversions which shows that the desire-ridden mind is an unnatural state.

Enlightened masters upon the vantage point of enlightenment has also stated that they perceived pure consciousness to be the substratum behind everything.
In my spiritual teachings I perceive yet saw the eternal being in a glimpse whilst my body changed.

My body is supported existing by the substratum hence I learnt pure consciousness was never a human.

I learnt as we were released as human parents out of the eternal form it allowed all things to be perceived in the experience of self transformation.

Why we believe we were safe to change the substratum then learnt we were not safe just advised.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
As I see it, human beings themselves are a huge bundle of energy. Convert 70 kg or so of mass to energy (E=mc squared), it could light Helsinki for full one year.
Do Gods exist? Why do people need to bring in God to all discussions?
My belief is that God exist and guide humans yes.
I do not see a problem with discussing God in a religious forum :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Physical energy and God are poles apart. Energy is a fact of existence, God, for atheists, is human imagination.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If God is energy ( do not need to be the abrahanic God) and everything is build or created by energy, would'nt that mean a human being should be able to "tapp in to" the energy of God?

Is that how a human being can awaken to God from within?

Just a thought in my mind :confused: its mind boggeling :oops:

Yes, God is all energy and matter, and anything else besides.
Everything comes from that, yes.
So you are a tiny miniscule part of it all.

Can you 'tap in' to God? You ARE a part of God.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes, God is all energy and matter, and anything else besides.
Everything comes from that, yes.
So you are a tiny miniscule part of it all.

Can you 'tap in' to God? You ARE a part of God.
Not eveyone has realized the truth in what you answered in your reply:)

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
That’s the big question...”IF” God is impersonal energy that can be tapped into and manipulated by humans or “IF” God is a Living, Personal Being who created humans and on Whom we are dependent for each breath.
I believe God is a personal conscious force/spirit/energy. God do have a personality and can communicate with is. And yes we humans Are dependent upon God for each breath

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am not asking you to speak for others or for God
I am asking you how is it you cannot find one person among all
that believe as you that your God has never spoken one word to them?
Maybe other sufis has direct contact with God, I can not answer something I do not know, that would be to lie

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I saw Him do it.
:D Oh, you saw me doing that! I am Brahman. The universe is because of me.
You too are that, but you cannot realize that since you have much prejudices in your mind.
Get rid of them to realize who you are.
God do have a personality and can communicate with is. And yes we humans Are dependent upon God for each breath
I am myself Brahman (Advaita Hinduism). I do not depend on any God. As for forms/personalities, I have billions. See, I am communicating with you.

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Kit-Kat, would you be kind enough to write your stricter definition of energy? As you know, my belief depends wholly on energy.

My stricter definition is that if I were to say that God is energy, I'd be describing him much like Brahman or as a different example, the God of panentheists. Now that could be correct. However, I may have entertained that the OP's God might be a different God than mine. He could very, very well be energy. However if it turns out the OP's God has a solid form, and doesn't span the universe, I do have my concerns that saying that it's energy isn't specific enough.