• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IF God dislikes GAYS , Why does God CREATE THEM ?

ether-ore

If God dislikes gays, then why oh why, dose GOD CREATE THEM ? What do you think ?

We come into this world to gain a physical body for the purpose of learning how to control it. Of course my statement presupposes that we existed as spirits before coming here. The carnal body has in its nature, certain lusts or desires that it wants gratified. To add to the complication, each body has genetic predispositions which need to be overcome. So, our spirits are faced with the challenge (to one degree or other) of overcoming the desires of the flesh. It is for this purpose that we came here. We are given a set of laws from God which each individual needs to adhere to, but each individual has a different set of challenges to overcome in trying to adhere to those laws. To reiterate: we are here to learn to control ourselves.

Men, have a greater tendency to lust, but that manifests itself differently in each man. Why do we have it? Because without it, men would not likely have any interest in perpetuating the species. Unfortunately, men will sometimes misdirect that lust toward activities contrary to God's laws. I'm not saying that same sex attraction isn't there. It is, but if the individual wants to abide God's laws, then they need to overcome those desires that all men have, but that are specific to them in terms of its direction. God allows temptation in order to test our character in terms of how we each use our agency. This temptation manifests itself differently for all men and to one degree or other. This temptation comes (as I said) from the lusts of the carnal body. The question then is, will we succumb to the temptation or will we repent and overcome it. It can be done.

One last comment. Men who are sexually active with women outside of wedlock are going contrary to God's laws as well, and this is no less serious than homosexual activity. That also needs to be repented of. It really is no different in the eyes of God.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I don't think God dislikes gays. I think what God dislikes is gay sexuality.

Well put.
"God" does not make humans gay and more that God makes
humans bank robbers, murderers, lazy, obese, skinny, crazy,
or any number of deviations from "normal behavior"
Much of what we humans do is a CHOICE. Why a man sees
something sexual when he sees another mans butt is way beyond
by ability to understand. I don't even WANT to understand it.
God created people. God does not "create" human behavior.
Anything about this statement that is hard to comprehend?
I read lots of material where gays "blame" God for creating them
gay. What a cop out for human CHOICES.:(
The bank robber, when caught, never blames God for his behavior
though he might say "da Devil made me do it.":confused:
Strange that the judge never puts the Devil in jail for what the bank
robber did.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why a man sees
something sexual when he sees another mans butt is way beyond
by ability to understand.
For the same reason you see something sexual when you see a woman's butt, or breasts, or eyes, or what ever you yourself find sexually appealing.
I don't even WANT to understand it.
Why not? More than anything else, understanding others is what leads to tolerance, acceptance, and peace.
God does not "create" human behavior.
God created the human body, and with that came along how it functions, which includes certain behaviors.

all sin is sin .... homosexuality however seems to be the landing spot after the conscience of many has been completely seared (see Romans 1:31-32) ... God is the designer of man / woman and the family unit .. and nowhere in the scripture is homosexuality ever advocated .. quite the opposite .... Satanic forces of today are involved in perverting everything God has designed ... relations between God and man / men and woman / relations between ethnic groups / the Church / marriage .... and now Satanic forces have corralled society to push this so-called "new and inclusive morality" down the throats (via government) of us all .... you will comply > OR ELSE < ...... I believe the fence is violently shaking ... and those on the fence will fall to one side or the other ... may the Church of Jesus be strong and resolute in our stand for God and the truth God has once for all delivered to His saints ...... amen

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Hmm..Maybe I'll ask Allah.

I am talking about we (humans)

Allah already answsered in Quran
21:34
And We did not grant to any man before you eternity [on earth]; so if you (Muhammad) die - would they be eternal?

Note i added Muhammad (pbuh) as explain .

and
3:185

ether-ore

IF we ALL want to live forever ,then why we die ?

Other religions may have different answers to your question, but the LDS response (as I understand it) would be this: Before coming to this earth we lived with our Father in Heaven as His spirit children. Part of God's plan for the eternal progression of His children was that we should come to earth and pass through mortality in order to gain experience and learn to control a physical body. A physical body is something we never had before and because physical desires come with it, we had to learn to control it. In the process of learning, we make mistakes which would ordinarily bar us from ever returning to our Father in Heaven because no unclean thing can dwell where He is. The atonement of Jesus Christ allows for repentance, which if we do, and keep God's commands to the best of our ability to the end of our days, we can return to our Father in Heaven. But, even though we have repented, we nevertheless had committed sin and God has said that the wages of sin is death. This is why we die. But the atonement of Jesus Christ allows for universal resurrection, so in Christ's atonement, death itself s also conquered. Additionally, and even though we may have repented, because we have sinned and are consequently less than perfect, it then requires the atonement of Jesus Christ and His grace to do for us what we could never do for ourselves: we are to be as the scriptures say: perfected in Him. The atonement of Jesus Christ that saves us from being cast out of our Heavenly Father's presence because we may be perfected in Jesu Christ.

jojom

all sin is sin
Cute little tautology.

.. homosexuality however seems to be the landing spot after the conscience of many has been completely seared (see Romans 1:31-32)
"Completely seared"! Ouch!

... God is the designer of man / woman and the family unit
Don't forget that he's also the creator of evil (Isaiah 45:7).

Satanic forces of today are involved in perverting everything God has designed ... relations between God and man / men and woman / relations between ethnic groups / the Church / marriage .... and now Satanic forces have corralled society to push this so-called "new and inclusive morality" down the throats (via government) of us all .... you will comply > OR ELSE < ......
So why ain't god stepping in to stop Satan and his forces? Obviously we mere mortals are no match for him. It's like putting a kitten in a cage with an anaconda and expecting it to survive.

I believe the fence is violently shaking ... and those on the fence will fall to one side or the other ... may the Church of Jesus be strong and resolute in our stand for God and the truth God has once for all delivered to His saints ...... amen
Actually, I don't think there are that many fence sitters. Most either regard Jesus as their "lord and savior" or not.

Donmax

We are given a set of laws from God which each individual needs to adhere to

No we're not because god is a Human mind creation, remember we're now living in the 21st century.

Question, what century did they write these set of laws.

but each individual has a different set of challenges to overcome in trying to adhere to those laws

Only for the progress of Human existence, words of scriptures was written by human minds and that is facts.

The old saying Man's world was because Man's role was outside of the home but always has the memories of home so this god that all religious followers believe in can i ask "what memories of home does this god have" we live in the 21st century its not a Man world any more and if it wasn't for Woman we wouldn't be haven't this online conversation but again.

(Question, what century did they write these set of laws)

ether-ore

No we're not because god is a Human mind creation, remember we're now living in the 21st century.

Question, what century did they write these set of laws.

Only for the progress of Human existence, words of scriptures was written by human minds and that is facts.

The old saying Man's world was because Man's role was outside of the home but always has the memories of home so this god that all religious followers believe in can i ask "what memories of home does this god have" we live in the 21st century its not a Man world any more and if it wasn't for Woman we wouldn't be haven't this online conversation but again.

(Question, what century did they write these set of laws)

If you wish to believe that, that's fine. I choose to believe that the several mutually supporting testimonies of the various prophets over the millennia are cohesive and coherent enough to qualify as valid evidence for an eternally objective moral law established by God. because they are eternally objective, it does not matter what century they were written in. They are valid for all time in all cases.

Exactly what do you mean by saying that if it wasn't for women, we wouldn't be having this conversation? God's moral laws are applicable regardless of gender.
I find your explanation overly simplistic by suggesting that the scriptures were all written at some same ancient time. This is not the case. The scriptural testimonies of the several prophets have been written at various times over several millennia.

Cute little tautology.
... thank you
"Completely seared"! Ouch!
I know, it's gotta hurt ... actually spiritual leprosy doesn't hurt
Don't forget that he's also the creator of evil (Isaiah 45:7)
are you saying you believe the Bible to be true ??

So why ain't god stepping in to stop Satan and his forces?
oh please be patient ... Indeed he will .... see Revelation 6 <><

Obviously we mere mortals are no match for him. It's like putting a kitten in a cage with an anaconda and expecting it to survive.
you are very observant
Actually, I don't think there are that many fence sitters. Most either regard Jesus as their "lord and savior" or not.
and this issue is certainty exposing the side chosen ... Judgement Angels separating the sheep and the goats should have no problem

Last edited:

jojom

oh please be patient ... Indeed he will .... see Revelation 6 <><
Meanwhile:

homeless_children_america.jpg
are you saying you believe the Bible to be true ??
Nope. Just sayin' that if you're going to take the Bible as some kind of truth you're pretty much obligated to take it all as truth.

Last edited:
Nope. Just sayin' that if you're going to take the Bible as some kind of truth you're pretty much obligated to take it all as truth.

well ... a better mode of interpretation would be to view the obscure thru the lens of obvious rather than to view the obvious thru the lens of the obscure

There are other verses that clearly show that God is pure and that He cannot approve of evil.
  • “The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice, righteous and upright is He," (Deut. 32:4).
  • "Thine eyes are too pure to approve evil, and Thou canst not look on wickedness with favor," (Hab. 1:13).
We can see that the Bible teaches that God is pure and does not approve of evil, that the word rah (evil) in Hebrew can mean many things, and that contextually the verse is speaking of calamity and distress. Therefore, God does not create evil in the moral sense, but in the sense of disaster or calamity ....... https://carm.org/does-god-create-evil

Last edited: