• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Christ comes today, how do you know it is really Him?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
But the purpose of the parable of Thief in the night, is to give a hint, that, Christ comes in a way, that is not easily known, just as when a thief comes quietly at night.
Or... he comes when you don't expect him. So, after arriving unexpected, does Jesus continue to be sneaky? Or is it obvious? Like with thunder and lightning and a bunch of trumpets sounding and a hoard of angels coming with him?

Do you have verses that support your belief that he came and wasn't noticed by very many people?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That is getting so convoluted that there is no defending it. It is better to treat it as a morality tale if you want the story to work.
What's wrong with my interpretation? The Bible about the flood is fictional. It was probably written a long, long time after the supposed event. People were supposed living hundreds of years and there were giants in the land and almost everybody was doing evil.

God can't have that. He had to show his wrath. He decided to flood the Earth.

The story serves as a warning for those people that want to live a sinful life... God will get you. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But he will get you. And he will save those that obey him.

Of course, that doesn't help the Baha'is. They need everything to be some mysterious, symbolic story. And all the symbolism points to them being the true religion for today. But, I agree, it becomes way too convoluted.

InvestigateTruth

Or... he comes when you don't expect him. So, after arriving unexpected, does Jesus continue to be sneaky? Or is it obvious? Like with thunder and lightning and a bunch of trumpets sounding and a hoard of angels coming with him?

Do you have verses that support your belief that he came and wasn't noticed by very many people?

Yes, a thief comes suddenly, but, when he comes the owner of the Home, is not aware, unless, he kept watching.
Thus, those who watched their home, became aware that the thief came, and those who did not watch, the thief came, and took their property from their home.

Just as the verses of the Bible says. One needs to think, why would the authors of the Bible, did not literally just say, Christ comes suddenly? Why, they used a parable? What other meanings they meant to convey by this parable?
These are called allusions! Allusion, mean, that, the Author of the Bible did not want to say certain things explicitly, for a reason that, Baha'u'llah explained many times. Rather, the Authors of the Bible, spoke using allusions, hints, symbols and parables.

InChrist

Free4ever
The book "Thief in the Night" deserves a glance. But, other than the "new name", Bill Sears interpretations weren't that good. The most contrived fulfillment he has is about an earthquake in Portugal, a smoky day and a meteor shower in I believe it was the U.S. and/or Canada as the Sun going dark and the stars falling. But all these events happened decades before their guy, the Bab, declared himself in 1844.

But the Bab was not "The Return of Christ" guy. That was Baha'u'llah. So, I don't see how prophesies about 1844 helps them. Of course, that doesn't bother Baha'is, because the Bab was the start of the Baha'i "dispensation" are something like that.

But so many problems... Why does Christ return in Persia? Sure, Baha'is explain that. But what about the Jewish Messiah... was it predicted that he come from Persia? And be a Muslim? But then Kalki and Maitreya from Hinduism and Buddhism... the Bab and Baha'u'llah have to fulfills those prophesies also. Did they have an "Elijah" type of forerunner predicted? Were they predicted to come from Persia? Were they predicted to come in 1844?

I've only heard Baha'is tie in the Millerites from Christianity as a group that anticipated the return of Christ in 1844. And again, that was the Bab, not Baha'u'llah.

Every eye will see him and know it is the Christ? Not many knew anything about the Bab or Baha'u'llah. Even now, how many people know about Baha'u'llah's claim to be the return of Christ?

With the events in the Middle East, I still think it's possible that either Christians or Baha'is could be right. But if a large army surrounds Israel and is ready to attack, which seems very possible, that fits the Christian interpretation of the end-time events much better than the Baha'i interpretation.

That's when Christ returns... Not nearly two hundred years before that.
Wow, I’m learning a lot about Baha’i I wasn’t aware of from you. I was raised in Catholicism, then moved through Eastern religions, new age, Mormonism, occult practices and some other legalistic pseudo-Christian groups before trusting in Jesus Christ alone.
I never had much familiarity with the teachings or ideas of Baha’i. I appreciate your insights.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The Baha'i claim that Kalki, the return of Krishna, comes from the west of India...

In the Kalki Purana, Kalki is born into the family of Vishnuyashas and Sumati, in a village called Shambala​

Where in the world is Shambala?

(M)ost references place Shambhala in the mountainous regions of Eurasia.​
Ancient Zhang Zhung texts identify Shambhala with the Sutlej Valley in Punjab or Himachal Pradesh, India. Mongolians identify Shambhala with certain valleys of southern Siberia.​
In Altai folklore, Mount Belukha is believed to be the gateway to Shambhala. Modern Buddhist scholars seem to conclude that Shambhala is located in the higher reaches of the Himalayas in what is now called the Dhauladhar Mountains around Mcleodganj. Some legends say that the entrance to Shambhala is hidden inside a remote, abandoned monastery in Tibet, and guarded by beings known as the Shambhala Guardians.​
What references are Baha'is using to place the appearance of Kalki in Persia?

But then there is Maitreya. Where does he appear? This is all I could find...

In Mahayana Buddhism, Buddhas preside over pure lands, such as Sukhavati. Once Maitreya becomes a Buddha, he will rule over the Ketumati pure land, an earthly paradise sometimes associated with the city of Varanasi (also known as Benares) in Uttar Pradesh, India,[40] and in other descriptions, the kingdom of Shambhala.​
None of those places sound like Persia to me. Baha'is, I am sure, have references to support their claims. Can a Baha'i post them? Oh wait, the source is Bill Sears, a Baha'i. What references is he using?

InvestigateTruth

I've heard some Baha'is claim that there is an "Elijah", or forerunner announcing the coming of every manifestation. Other than John the Baptist being the "Elijah" for Jesus, who were the Elijah's for Krishna, Buddha, Abraham and the other people that Baha'is claim to be manifestations?

Then, where is it predicted that an "Elijah" will come when Christ returns? For Christians, they have the "Two Witnesses", but Baha'is have already said the Two Witnesses are Muhammad and Ali. So, where is the Bab, as an Elijah figure predicted? Then, other than the Baha'is making one of the "Three Woes" the Bab, where is predicted that there'd by "Twin" manifestations in the end-times?

"The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, but he wasn’t recognized, and they chose to abuse him. And in the same way they will also make the Son of Man suffer.” Matthew 17

Jesus, on one hand says, Elijah had already come and on the other hand He said, Elijah must come first.

When He said that The Elijah had already come, He was talking about the John. When He said that The Elijah must come first before the End Time, that was the Bab.

InChrist

Free4ever
Jesus was going to heaven to prepare a place for His disciples.
How could Jesus come back to earth and take His disciples to heaven now? His disciples are no longer on earth.

John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

When Jesus said “I will come again” He was not referring to coming back to earth again. Jesus said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world: John 14:19, John 16:10, John 17:4, John 17:11, John 19:30

John 14:2-3 is Jesus speaking to His disciples.. When Jesus said “I will come again” He was not talking about His physical body returning to earth, He was referring to His Spirit coming again in the future, which I believe it did, in Baha'u'llah, who was the return of the Christ spirit with a new name (Isaiah 62:2, Revelation 2:17, Revelation 3:12)

Jesus said to the disciples “I will come again, and receive you unto myself” Jesus knew He was going to heaven, and He was telling His disciples that He would prepare a place for them in heaven so they could be with Him in heaven -- that where I am, there ye may be also.

If Jesus returned to earth now, the disciples could not 'receive Jesus' since the disciples are no longer living on earth.

John 14:3 is one of the most misunderstood verses in the New Testament so it is no wonder the Bible commentaries do not agree on what it means.
I think the promise Jesus made to come again and receive His followers to Himself was not only for the disciples He spoke to at that time, but to all believers since then. That is why we have the Bible, God’s Word preserved through the centuries. According to the scriptures, when Jesus comes to call all believers to Himself ALL believers will arise to be with Him…

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

Baha'u'llah fulfilled all the biblical prophecies for the return of Christ. How those prophecies were fulfilled is delineated in the book entitled Thief in the Night by William Sears. Given that these prophecies have already been fulfilled it is not possible that Jesus could come and fulfill them.
I don’t see that Baha'u'llah fulfilled….

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.
7 The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole,
And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
As the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:6-9

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Wow, I’m learning a lot about Baha’i I wasn’t aware of from you. I was raised in Catholicism, then moved through Eastern religions, new age, Mormonism, occult practices and some other legalistic pseudo-Christian groups before trusting in Jesus Christ alone.
I never had much familiarity with the teachings or ideas of Baha’i. I appreciate your insights.
I went the other direction. I learned about the Baha'i Faith first, then during the "Jesus" movement in the 70's, some Christian friends convinced me that the Baha'i Faith was a false religion. Sorry, but I can't get totally behind Christianity either. But, to the best of my ability, I'm trying to keep a little bit of an open mind.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
"The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, but he wasn’t recognized, and they chose to abuse him. And in the same way they will also make the Son of Man suffer.” Matthew 17

Jesus, on one hand says, Elijah had already come and on the other hand He said, Elijah must come first.

When He said that The Elijah had already come, He was talking about the John. When He said that The Elijah must come first before the End Time, that was the Bab.
Yes, but where does the NT say that Elijah comes again along with Jesus when he returns at the end-times?

InChrist

Free4ever
I went the other direction. I learned about the Baha'i Faith first, then during the "Jesus" movement in the 70's, some Christian friends convinced me that the Baha'i Faith was a false religion. Sorry, but I can't get totally behind Christianity either. But, to the best of my ability, I'm trying to keep a little bit of an open mind.
There is definitely a lot of weird, off base Christianity out there, which I think should be avoided. I’ve seen my fair share of it first hand. I like the theme of some former zealous Mormon missionaries, who now say, “Jesus is Enough “.

InvestigateTruth

You're right but It has already happened. The warning was announced 2000 years ago:

“Repent, for the kingdom of God has come near.”

"Unless you repent, you too will all perish."

And "the ark" was built:

Mark 16
15 He said to them [the apostles], “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Acts 2
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”

Titus 2
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,
13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Ephesians 1:13
13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Yes, an Ark was built by Jesus, when He came the first time. But there is a Prophecy, that, when Christ comes again, He will make a new covenant, meaning, a new Ark:

"This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: "When I bring them back from captivity, the people in the land of Judah and in its towns will once again use these words: 'The LORD bless you, you prosperous city, you sacred mountain…..The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.” Jerm. 31:23-31

This is a Prophecy regarding End Time. It is about when, God will gather the Jews again in their Land. This already happend in late 19th century. At that time, a new covenant also was made. That, is the new Ark, that, Christ would have to make to save people, for the new Period, just as Noah made a new covenant.

And Just as When the Noah came, and warned people about an upcoming Catastrophe, so did Baha'u'llah in His Time:

"The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake. Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody."

Bahá’u’lláh: Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 118
This is how Jesus will fulfill judgement:

Matthew 13:49
49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous

Yes, how would they separate the wicked from righteous? What mechanism would be used for separation?

2 Thessalonians 1
7 This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.
8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might
10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

The same was accomplished by the flood. The wicked were destroyed and the righteous Noah with his family remained:

Genesis 6
5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually...
13 And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh, for the earth is filled with violence through them. Behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Genesis 7
1 Then the LORD said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I have seen that you are righteous before me in this generation...

These verses are exactly what Baha'u'llah did.
4 For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground."

This Seven days, and Forty Days, also, things that must happen when Christ returns, because same events that happend during Days of Noah, must also happen, during Days of Son of Man, when He comes again.
They already did come to pass.

InvestigateTruth

Yes, but where does the NT say that Elijah comes again along with Jesus when he returns at the end-times?
What does this verse mean to you?

“To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things." Matthew 17

“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes." Malachi 4:5

when this was to happen?

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
What does this verse mean to you?

“To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things." Matthew 17

“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes." Malachi 4:5

when this was to happen?
So, it happened twice? Once for Jesus, and once for Baha'u'llah. I heard a Baha'i claim that a forerunner comes for all manifestations. Is that an official teaching of the Baha'i Faith?

PearlSeeker

Yes, an Ark was built by Jesus, when He came the first time. But there is a Prophecy, that, when Christ comes again, He will make a new covenant, meaning, a new Ark:

Matthew 26:28
28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

2 Corinthians 3:6
6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant

See also Romans 11

Yes, how would they separate the wicked from righteous? What mechanism would be used for separation?

2 Thessalonians 1
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

These verses are exactly what Baha'u'llah did.

Nobody has done it for now. Wickedness is still on earth.

same events that happend during Days of Noah, must also happen, during Days of Son of Man, when He comes again.

Why same events? At the end of the flood God said he will never do the same again... When the Bible says it will be the same it is clearly speaking how people will behave - not prepared, not believing it will happen...

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So, after arriving unexpected, does Jesus continue to be sneaky? Or is it obvious? Like with thunder and lightning and a bunch of trumpets sounding and a hoard of angels coming with him?
Thunder and lightning and a bunch of trumpets sounding is not literal, it is symbolic for the tumult that would accompany the return of Christ.
There was nothing quiet about the arrival of Baha'u'llah. There was quite a tumult in that part of the world for a long time.
The horde of angels where the first followers of the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think the promise Jesus made to come again and receive His followers to Himself was not only for the disciples He spoke to at that time, but to all believers since then.
Yes, I agree. There were promises in the Bible for for the return of Christ but I don't believe that the following verses were a promise to return to earth, as I already explained..

John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
I don’t see that Baha'u'llah fulfilled….

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.
7 The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole,
And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
As the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:6-9
Isaiah 11:6-9 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

Those are not prophecies that Baha'ullah was going to fulfill during His lifetime, they are prophecies that refer to what will happen during the next thousand years, during the Dispensation of Baha'u'llah.

Those verses are symbolic, not literal. What those verses mean to a Baha’i is that in the future diverse religions and races will become comrades, friends and companions. The contentions of races, the differences of religions, and the barriers between nations will be completely removed, and all will attain perfect union and reconciliation. Eventually, there will be only one religion, the religion of God.

“My object is none other than the betterment of the world and the tranquillity of its peoples. The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established. This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 286

“The utterance of God is a lamp, whose light is these words: Ye are the fruits of one tree, and the leaves of one branch. Deal ye one with another with the utmost love and harmony, with friendliness and fellowship. He Who is the Day Star of Truth beareth Me witness! So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth. The one true God, He Who knoweth all things, Himself testifieth to the truth of these words.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 288

PearlSeeker

I know what tradition is. I also know what Baha'u'llah said about the traditions of the past.

It's irrelevant if what Christian tradition says is true or not. It says what it says. It doesn't say something else. It's about Jesus and noone else.

Thy kingdom come is God's kingdom, not the kingdom of Jesus.

One doesn't exclude the other:

Revelation 11:15

Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever."

InvestigateTruth

So, it happened twice? Once for Jesus, and once for Baha'u'llah. I heard a Baha'i claim that a forerunner comes for all manifestations. Is that an official teaching of the Baha'i Faith?

The official Bahai view, is as Baha'u'llah wrote in Iqan. Before any Manifestation someone will announce that the Manifestation is near. Baha'u'llah in Iqan, gave examples how that happend for Muhammad, for Moses, for Jesus.

InvestigateTruth

Matthew 26:28
28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

2 Corinthians 3:6
6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant

See also Romans 11

No, the new covenant according to scriptures was to happen at the time, when Jews will be gathered in the Land again. This happened late 19th century. Prior to that, the Jews were scattered in many other countries, in Europe, in Russia, etc.

2 Thessalonians 1

Nobody has done it for now. Wickedness is still on earth.

Why same events? At the end of the flood God said he will never do the same again... When the Bible says it will be the same it is clearly speaking how people will behave - not prepared, not believing it will happen...

Noah was 600 years, when flood came.
If we match that, with coming of Baha'u'llah, we still have another 420 years, for the Catastrophe to happen.

Yes, God said, flood will not happen.
But, God can change His plans:

"One instant I may speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to uproot and to demolish and to destroy. And when that nation repents of its evil for which I spoke concerning it, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do to it. And at one instant I may speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant, And it will do what is evil in My eyes, not to hearken to My voice, I will repent of the good I said to benefit it." (Jeremiah 18:7-10)

So, Baha'u'llah came, as the Return of Christ. Majority of people rejected Him. There will be a consequence.

"WE have a fixed time for you, O people. If ye fail, at the appointed hour, to turn towards God, He, verily, will lay violent hold on you, and will cause grievous afflictions to assail you from every direction. How severe, indeed, is the chastisement with which your Lord will then chastise you!"
~ Baha'u'llah

See, how Baha'u'llah, is warning people, just as Noah did? But, people are very busy with their worldly life, as Jesus said, until the Flood will come.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's irrelevant if what Christian tradition says is true or not. It says what it says. It doesn't say something else. It's about Jesus and noone else.
It says what it says and Christians just cannot accept what it says.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Christians made claims about Jesus since they believe things about Jesus, things Jesus never said or claimed, things other people said about Jesus..

Jesus never claimed to be a king, and Jesus never said He was coming back to judge the earth and establish an earthly Kingdom.
Christians believe those things but that does not mean they are true.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

These two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no more reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”
One doesn't exclude the other:

Revelation 11:15

Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever."
Baha'is believe that Baha'u'llah was the seventh angel. Christians are free to believe whatever they want to believe.

Rev. 11:14 says “the third woe cometh quickly” because there was only nine years between the Revelations of the Bab and Bab and Baha’u’llah.

“The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.” (Rev. 11:14) The first woe is the appearance of the Prophet, Muhammad, the son of ‘Abdu’lláh—peace be upon Him! The second woe is that of the Báb—to Him be glory and praise! The third woe is the great day of the manifestation of the Lord of Hosts and the radiance of the Beauty of the Promised One. The explanation of this subject, woe, is mentioned in the thirtieth chapter of Ezekiel, where it is said: “The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, Son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Howl ye, Woe worth the day! For the day is near, even the day of the Lord is near.” (Ez. 30:1-3)

Therefore, it is certain that the day of woe is the day of the Lord; for in that day woe is for the neglectful, woe is for the sinners, woe is for the ignorant. That is why it is said, “The second woe is past; behold the third woe cometh quickly!” This third woe is the day of the manifestation of Bahá’u’lláh, the day of God; and it is near to the day of the appearance of the Báb.

“And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.” (Rev. 11:15).”

“The seventh angel is a man qualified with heavenly attributes, who will arise with heavenly qualities and character. Voices will be raised, so that the appearance of the Divine Manifestation will be proclaimed and diffused. In the day of the manifestation of the Lord of Hosts, and at the epoch of the divine cycle of the Omnipotent which is promised and mentioned in all the books and writings of the Prophets—in that day of God, the Spiritual and Divine Kingdom will be established, and the world will be renewed; a new spirit will be breathed into the body of creation; the season of the divine spring will come; the clouds of mercy will rain; the sun of reality will shine; the life-giving breeze will blow; the world of humanity will wear a new garment; the surface of the earth will be a sublime paradise; mankind will be educated; wars, disputes, quarrels and malignity will disappear; and truthfulness, righteousness, peace and the worship of God will appear; union, love and brotherhood will surround the world; and God will rule for evermore—meaning that the Spiritual and Everlasting Kingdom will be established. Such is the day of God. For all the days which have come and gone were the days of Abraham, Moses and Christ, or of the other Prophets; but this day is the day of God, for the Sun of Reality will arise in it with the utmost warmth and splendor.” Some Answered Questions, pp. 56-57

From: 11: COMMENTARY ON THE ELEVENTH CHAPTER OF THE REVELATION OF ST. JOHN