• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Christ comes today, how do you know it is really Him?

InChrist

Free4ever
In your view and according to how you interpret the scriptures....
In my view and according to how I interpret the scriptures, if anyone returned claiming to be Jesus Christ, he would be a false Christ.
That is why Jesus said: Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it.

Matthew 24:23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it.24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it.27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Jesus said For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
I know that Christians believe the Jesus was the Son of man who will come in the clouds but Jesus never said that He was the Son of man who would come in the clouds.

Who is the Son of man who will come in the clouds of heaven?

Jesus said if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it., because Jesus never planned to return.
John 14:19, John 16:10, John 17:4, John 17:11
The important point to note, I think, is that Jesus is warning about anyone who “says” they are the Christ because when He, the real Jesus Christ, returns He will not need say anything because it will be completely obviously to the entire world that He has returned. I think this warning would include the claim of Baha'u'llah.

There are at least 80 references in the NT to the Son of Man. I believe Jesus purposely used this term in reference to Himself to demonstrate His humanity…that God became flesh. As the Son of God and the Son of Man, Jesus Christ alone is the One Mediator between God and humanity able to offer salvation, forgiveness, reconciliation, and eternal life (1 Timothy 2:5).

…even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:28).

It seems a very strange abnormal way to read the scriptures and come up with the idea that Son of Man is not Jesus.

InChrist

Free4ever
"Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man." Luke 17:26

What else could "Days of Son of man" mean, other than the time when Christ comes and stays on earth for the second time?

The way I see it, is, Scriptures is giving signs to recognize the true Christ, when He comes back.

This is the purpose of alluding to Noah and flood, or parable thief in the night. If Scriptures wanted to say, Christ comes suddenly, it did not need to make an allusion to story of Noah and His days, and flood or thief in the night. It could simply say that the Son of Man comes suddenly, and you do not know when He comes. In fact it have already said that, in several verses in the Bible.
But the purpose of the parable of Thief in the night, is to give a hint, that, Christ comes in a way, that is not easily known, just as when a thief comes quietly at night.
How realistic is it, to think, He literally comes from sky, with clouds?
why not considering, these are symbols and figures of speach with meanings, instead of literal words?

The purpose of making a parallel to story of Noah, is to teach about, the mission of Christ, and how things will be manifested in His days. It will be like the Days of Noah.
I believe if Bible is read, without any pre-assumptions, it can be easily seen its purpose. But the Bible has been interpreted by many high priests and pops since centuries ago, and their interpretations is what is reached to people in our time.
I agree, the purpose of alluding to Noah and flood, “as in the days of Noah” , are because Jesus said to watch for indications of His return. When I think of the days of Noah, I think of wickedness and lawlessness which seems to be dramatically increasing now. I believe the days of the Son of Man are soon approaching.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The important point to note, I think, is that Jesus is warning about anyone who “says” they are the Christ because when He, the real Jesus Christ, returns He will not need say anything because it will be completely obviously to the entire world that He has returned.
Given what Jesus said.....

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jesus is not going to return to earth unless:
a) Jesus lied. or
b) the Bible is in error

If either one of those are true, there is not LOGICAL reason to trust anything that is in the Bible or anything else Jesus said.
I think this warning would include the claim of Baha'u'llah.
You can believe anything you want to believe because you have free will.
There are at least 80 references in the NT to the Son of Man. I believe Jesus purposely used this term in reference to Himself to demonstrate His humanity…that God became flesh. As the Son of God and the Son of Man, Jesus Christ alone is the One Mediator between God and humanity able to offer salvation, forgiveness, reconciliation, and eternal life (1 Timothy 2:5).
Jesus was the One Mediator between God and humanity who was able to offer salvation, forgiveness, reconciliation, and eternal life during the Christian Dispensation, but Baha'is believe we are now living in the Dispensation of Baha'u'llah, so Baha'u'llah is now the Mediator between God and man who offered eternal life.

“WE, verily, have come for your sakes, and have borne the misfortunes of the world for your salvation. Flee ye the One Who hath sacrificed His life that ye may be quickened? Fear God, O followers of the Spirit (Jesus), and walk not in the footsteps of every divine that hath gone far astray… Open the doors of your hearts. He Who is the Spirit (Jesus) verily, standeth before them.” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p, 92

Baha'u'llah says WE because He is referring to Himself and Jesus Christ. Both of them have borne the misfortunes of the world for our salvation.
Jesus already offered individual salvation to those who believed in Him, and now Baha'u'llah is offering salvation to the whole world.

“Wert thou to consider, for but a little while, the outward works and doings of Him Who is the Eternal Truth, thou wouldst fall down upon the ground, and exclaim: O Thou Who art the Lord of Lords! I testify that Thou art the Lord of all creation, and the Educator of all beings, visible and invisible. I bear witness that Thy power hath encompassed the entire universe, and that the hosts of the earth can never dismay Thee, nor can the dominion of all peoples and nations deter Thee from executing Thy purpose. I confess that Thou hast no desire except the regeneration of the whole world, and the establishment of the unity of its peoples, and the salvation of all them that dwell therein.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 243
…even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:28).

It seems a very strange abnormal way to read the scriptures and come up with the idea that Son of Man is not Jesus.
I never said that Jesus is not the Son of man.. Baha'u'llah referred to Jesus as the Son of Man in the following passage:

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 85-86

Christians believe that the following verses are about Jesus, but since Jesus was the Son of man, the following verses cannot be about the Jesus.

Daniel 7:13-14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Baha'i's believe that Baha'u'llah was the return of Christ, so He was one like the Son of man.

InChrist

Free4ever
Elijah returned as John. Maybe Jesus returned as Baha'u'llah.
You are free to believe what you like, but I believe Jesus Christ will return as Jesus Christ the King of kings, the One who paid for the sins of the world… with the nail marks still visible in His hands and feet.

And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. Zechariah 12:10

For these things were done that the Scripture should be fulfilled, “Not one of His bones shall be broken.” 37 And again another Scripture says, “They shall look on Him whom they pierced.”
John 19:36-37

According to the scriptures, John the Baptist came in the “spirit and power” of Elijah, he was not literally Elijah
( Luke 1:17).
John denied he was Elijah when asked…

And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.”
John 1:21

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But the purpose of the parable of Thief in the night, is to give a hint, that, Christ comes in a way, that is not easily known, just as when a thief comes quietly at night.
How realistic is it, to think, He literally comes from sky, with clouds?
why not considering, these are symbols and figures of speach with meanings, instead of literal words?
To paraphrase Baha’u’llah, Son of man coming on the clouds means that the return of the Christ Spirit will appear in the form of another human being, which Baha’is call a Manifestation of God. The term “clouds” as used in the Bible means those things that are contrary to the ways and desires of men. Just like the physical clouds prevent the eyes of men from beholding the sun, these things hindered men from recognizing the return of Christ.

Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven means that the return of the Christ Spirit promised in the Bible will be made manifest from the heaven of the will of God, and will appear in the form of a human being. The term “heaven” means loftiness and exaltation. Although they were delivered from the womb of their mother, Manifestations of God have in reality descended from the heaven of the will of God. Though dwelling on this earth, their true habitations are the realms above. While walking among mortals on earth, they soar in the heaven of the divine presence.

InvestigateTruth

You are free to believe what you like, but I believe Jesus Christ will return as Jesus Christ the King of kings, the One who paid for the sins of the world… with the nail marks still visible in His hands and feet.

And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. Zechariah 12:10

For these things were done that the Scripture should be fulfilled, “Not one of His bones shall be broken.” 37 And again another Scripture says, “They shall look on Him whom they pierced.”
John 19:36-37

According to the scriptures, John the Baptist came in the “spirit and power” of Elijah, he was not literally Elijah

"But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands. Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.” Matthew 17:12-13

Elijah had come as John, the first time. The second time, Elijah came as the Bab.
Jesus came as Baha'u'llah.

If you say, Elijah did not come literally, but came in spirit and power as John, I say to you the same. Bible has the same standard!

When did Jesus say that, He will come back literally? How do you know He meant literally?

Look at the verse above. Jesus talks about "how son of man also will suffer in their hands", is an allusion to another person who comes as return of Jesus, but they (people in His time) will do the same to that Person. You would think Jesus was taking about Himself, predicting His suffering, but, that's not what He is saying. He talks about another person.

InChrist

Free4ever
"But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands. Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.” Matthew 17:12-13

Elijah had come as John, the first time. The second time, Elijah came as the Bab.

If you say, Elijah did not come literally, but came in spirit and power as John, I say to you the same. Bible has the same standard!

When did Jesus say that, He will come back literally? How do you know He meant literally?

Look at the verse above. Jesus talks about "how son of man also will suffer in their hands", is an allusion to another person who comes as return of Jesus, but they (people in His time) will do the same to that Person. You would think Jesus was taking about Himself, predicting His suffering, but, that's not what He is saying. He talks about another person.
I know Jesus meant His literal return because He said so…

Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:1-3

As well, Paul, Peter, and John spoke of His return.

I see no reason to accept Baha’u’llah’s claim to be Christ. He failed to fulfill any of the biblical prophecies concerning Christ’s promises at His second coming at the end of the age and I have no reason to doubt that Jesus will Himself fulfill those prophecies when He returns.

Clearly, we view this subject differently, so I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. Thanks for the conversation. Have a good night.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I know Jesus meant His literal return because He said so…

Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:1-3
Jesus was going to heaven to prepare a place for His disciples.
How could Jesus come back to earth and take His disciples to heaven now? His disciples are no longer on earth.

John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

When Jesus said “I will come again” He was not referring to coming back to earth again. Jesus said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world: John 14:19, John 16:10, John 17:4, John 17:11, John 19:30

John 14:2-3 is Jesus speaking to His disciples.. When Jesus said “I will come again” He was not talking about His physical body returning to earth, He was referring to His Spirit coming again in the future, which I believe it did, in Baha'u'llah, who was the return of the Christ spirit with a new name (Isaiah 62:2, Revelation 2:17, Revelation 3:12)

Jesus said to the disciples “I will come again, and receive you unto myself” Jesus knew He was going to heaven, and He was telling His disciples that He would prepare a place for them in heaven so they could be with Him in heaven -- that where I am, there ye may be also.

If Jesus returned to earth now, the disciples could not 'receive Jesus' since the disciples are no longer living on earth.

John 14:3 is one of the most misunderstood verses in the New Testament so it is no wonder the Bible commentaries do not agree on what it means.
I see no reason to accept Baha’u’llah’s claim to be Christ. He failed to fulfill any of the biblical prophecies concerning Christ’s promises at His second coming at the end of the age and I have no reason to doubt that Jesus will Himself fulfill those prophecies when He returns.
Baha'u'llah fulfilled all the biblical prophecies for the return of Christ. How those prophecies were fulfilled is delineated in the book entitled Thief in the Night by William Sears. Given that these prophecies have already been fulfilled it is not possible that Jesus could come and fulfill them.

PearlSeeker

The Son of Man, must then build a new Ark, in His own time, to save the people from that disaster.

You're right but It has already happened. The warning was announced 2000 years ago:

“Repent, for the kingdom of God has come near.”

"Unless you repent, you too will all perish."

And "the ark" was built:

Mark 16
15 He said to them [the apostles], “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Acts 2
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”

Titus 2
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,
13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Ephesians 1:13
13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Please explain How would a flood, have the same function as Judgement?
First, what do you mean "He comes to fulfill Judgement"? And then show how a flood would accomplish that function.

This is how Jesus will fulfill judgement:

Matthew 13:49
49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous

2 Thessalonians 1
7 This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.
8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might
10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

The same was accomplished by the flood. The wicked were destroyed and the righteous Noah with his family remained:

Genesis 6
5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually...
13 And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh, for the earth is filled with violence through them. Behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Genesis 7
1 Then the LORD said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I have seen that you are righteous before me in this generation...
4 For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground."

PearlSeeker

in their minds it cannot be another man who is the return of Christ.

That's right. And that's the belief expressed also in NT Bible and 2000 old years tradition. You can believe it or not but you can't say something else is tradition.

Acts 4:12
12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

These two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no more reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”

No, there is a different reason that Jesus said "I am no more in the world" and
"my kingdom is not of this world". He will namely be the king of the world to come.

1 Corinthians 7:31
For this world in its present form is passing away.

2 Peter 3:13
13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Baha'is have to deal with the "Lamb" and the "Lamb that was slain" also. Some Baha'is claimed that the Lamb that was slain was their guy, the Bab.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Elijah returned as John. Maybe Jesus returned as Baha'u'llah.

I've heard some Baha'is claim that there is an "Elijah", or forerunner announcing the coming of every manifestation. Other than John the Baptist being the "Elijah" for Jesus, who were the Elijah's for Krishna, Buddha, Abraham and the other people that Baha'is claim to be manifestations?

Then, where is it predicted that an "Elijah" will come when Christ returns? For Christians, they have the "Two Witnesses", but Baha'is have already said the Two Witnesses are Muhammad and Ali. So, where is the Bab, as an Elijah figure predicted? Then, other than the Baha'is making one of the "Three Woes" the Bab, where is predicted that there'd by "Twin" manifestations in the end-times?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The book "Thief in the Night" deserves a glance. But, other than the "new name", Bill Sears interpretations weren't that good. The most contrived fulfillment he has is about an earthquake in Portugal, a smoky day and a meteor shower in I believe it was the U.S. and/or Canada as the Sun going dark and the stars falling. But all these events happened decades before their guy, the Bab, declared himself in 1844.

But the Bab was not "The Return of Christ" guy. That was Baha'u'llah. So, I don't see how prophesies about 1844 helps them. Of course, that doesn't bother Baha'is, because the Bab was the start of the Baha'i "dispensation" are something like that.

But so many problems... Why does Christ return in Persia? Sure, Baha'is explain that. But what about the Jewish Messiah... was it predicted that he come from Persia? And be a Muslim? But then Kalki and Maitreya from Hinduism and Buddhism... the Bab and Baha'u'llah have to fulfills those prophesies also. Did they have an "Elijah" type of forerunner predicted? Were they predicted to come from Persia? Were they predicted to come in 1844?

I've only heard Baha'is tie in the Millerites from Christianity as a group that anticipated the return of Christ in 1844. And again, that was the Bab, not Baha'u'llah.

Every eye will see him and know it is the Christ? Not many knew anything about the Bab or Baha'u'llah. Even now, how many people know about Baha'u'llah's claim to be the return of Christ?

With the events in the Middle East, I still think it's possible that either Christians or Baha'is could be right. But if a large army surrounds Israel and is ready to attack, which seems very possible, that fits the Christian interpretation of the end-time events much better than the Baha'i interpretation.

That's when Christ returns... Not nearly two hundred years before that.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's right. And that's the belief expressed also in NT Bible and 2000 old years tradition. You can believe it or not but you can't say something else is tradition.

Acts 4:12
12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
I know what tradition is. I also know what Baha'u'llah said about the traditions of the past.

“This is the Day when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal. Certain traditions of bygone ages rest on no foundations whatever, while the notions entertained by past generations, and which they have recorded in their books, have, for the most part, been influenced by the desires of a corrupt inclination.”
Gleanings, p. 171
No, there is a different reason that Jesus said "I am no more in the world" and
"my kingdom is not of this world". He will namely be the king of the world to come.
Matthew 6
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

No translations of Matthew 6:10 say My kingdom come.

Thy kingdom come is God's kingdom, not the kingdom of Jesus. Jesus asked us to pray for that kingdom to come to earth. Jesus never said that HE was going to come and build it.

Jesus is never coming back to this world (John 14:19, John 16:10, John 17:4, John 17:11) so Jesus cannot establish a kingdom of God on earth.
God sent Baha'u'llah for the express purpose of provide what will be necessary for humans to build the kingdom of God on earth.

The kingdom of God on earth is already in the process of being built on earth. The Baha’is are building it. It is also called the new World Order.

“The world’s equilibrium hath been upset through the vibrating influence of this most great, this new World Order. Mankind’s ordered life hath been revolutionized through the agency of this unique, this wondrous System—the like of which mortal eyes have never witnessed.Immerse yourselves in the ocean of My words, that ye may unravel its secrets, and discover all the pearls of wisdom that lie hid in its depths. Take heed that ye do not vacillate in your determination to embrace the truth of this Cause—a Cause through which the potentialities of the might of God have been revealed, and His sovereignty established. With faces beaming with joy, hasten ye unto Him. This is the changeless Faith of God, eternal in the past, eternal in the future. Let him that seeketh, attain it; and as to him that hath refused to seek it—verily, God is Self-Sufficient, above any need of His creatures.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 136

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But so many problems... Why does Christ return in Persia?
1. The king from the sunrise

Bahá’u’lláh came from Persia, which is to the East of Israel, but to the west of India.
His ministry from the time of its beginning until his last days on earth was forty years. The prophets of Syria and Palestine foretold the coming of the promised Messiah from the East. The prophets and seers from India and the Far East, said that he would appear in the West. Persia, the birthplace of Bahá’u’lláh lies in between these two, and fulfils the requirements of each.

In the book of Enoch, it is prophesied that the Messiah of the last days shall come from the East of Israel, and that He shall come from the land now known as Persia. Enoch foretells:“And in those days the angels will assemble, and turn their heads towards the East, toward the people of Parthia and Medea, in order to excite the kings, and that a spirit of disturbance came over them, and disturbed them from off their thrones.” (Enoch 56:5). Parthia and Medea make up what is now the land of Persia, the birthplace of Bahá’u’lláh. The Jewish oracles, the Sibylline books, also mention the coming of the Messiah from the East, saying:

“And then from the sunrise God shall send a king who shall give every land relief from the bane of war … nor shall he do these things by his own counsel, but in obedience to the good ordinances of the Mighty God.” (cited in The Messianic idea in Israel, p. 376).

Joseph Klausner, in The Messianic idea in Israel, writes: “The ‘king from the sunrise’ is, without any doubt, the King-Messiah.”

The prophet Ezekiel also foretold that the Messiah would come to the Holy Land, Israel, from the East. He even gave the title by which He would be known in that day: The Glory of God [or the Glory of the Lord]. Ezekiel recorded his vision of the last days, saying:“And behold, the Glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east…” (Ezekiel 43:2).

In another place, Ezekiel says: “And the Glory of the Lord came into the house by way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east.”(Ezekiel 43:4).

I had already learned that the name Bahá’u’lláh was Persian, and when translated into English means, The Glory of God or The Glory of the Lord.His herald was called the Báb. This is also Persian, and translated into English means, The Gate.

The Báb was the Gate by which Bahá’u’lláh, the Glory of God, entered into the hearts of men.
Bahá’u’lláh had come to Israel in exile from Persia which is to the East. I was more than satisfied by my findings. I learned that Bahá’u’lláh had completed the prophesies of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Micah, Zoroaster, Buddha, Muhammad, and many secular prophesies as well—all of which pointed to the time and the place from which the Shepherd of the day of the ‘one fold’ would come.

I marked the first proof: Fulfilled.

William Sears, Thief in the Night, pp. 109-111

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Every eye will see him and know it is the Christ?
Revelation 1:7
"Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”;and all peoples on earth 'will mourn because of him.' So shall it be! Amen."

How could every eye see Jesus if Jesus came down from the clouds in the sky as Christians believe He will?
Even if Jesus returned every eye could not see Him, so we know that is not literally true.

I do not know what the author's intended meaning was but I have my own interpretation of that verse.

Son of man coming with the clouds means that the return of Christ will appear in the form of another human being. The term “clouds” as used in the Bible means those things that are contrary to the ways and desires of men. Just like the physical clouds prevent the eyes of men from beholding the sun, these things hindered men from recognizing the return of Christ.

In other words, the judgment of most people was clouded when Christ returned and it is still clouded for most people.

One thing that clouds the judgment of Christians is their desire for the same Jesus to return to earth.
Not many knew anything about the Bab or Baha'u'llah. Even now, how many people know about Baha'u'llah's claim to be the return of Christ?
The verse does not say when every eye will see Him (which means that everyone will recognize His station as a Manifestation of God and the return of Christ), but we have been assured that eventually everyone will recognize Baha'u'llah.

“Warn and acquaint the people, O Servant, with the things We have sent down unto Thee, and let the fear of no one dismay Thee, and be Thou not of them that waver. The day is approaching when God will have exalted His Cause and magnified His testimony in the eyes of all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth. Place, in all circumstances, Thy whole trust in Thy Lord, and fix Thy gaze upon Him, and turn away from all them that repudiate His truth. Let God, Thy Lord, be Thy sufficing succorer and helper. We have pledged Ourselves to secure Thy triumph upon earth and to exalt Our Cause above all men, though no king be found who would turn his face towards Thee.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 248-249

It is absurd to think that everyone would recognize Baha'u'llah in the first centuries because there are so many clouds, which are veils that prevent people form recognizing Him, the primary veil being the religions of the past that most people tenaciously adhere to.

How many people recognized Jesus in the first centuries?

“Just how small was the Christian movement in the first century is clear from the calculations of the sociologist R Stark (1996:5-7; so too Hopkins 1998:192-193).Stark begins his analysis with a rough estimation of six million Christians in the Roman Empire (or about ten percent of the total population) at the start of the fourth century... There were 1,000 Christians in the year 40, 1,400 Christians in 50, 1,960 Christians in 60, 2,744 Christians in 70, 3,842 Christians in 80, 5,378 Christians in 90 and 7,530 Christians at the end of the first century.

These figures are very suggestive, and reinforce the point that in its initial decades the Christian movement represented a tiny fraction of the ancient world.”

How many Jews became Christians in the first century?