• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Christ comes today, how do you know it is really Him?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Maybe tons of people do that already, but how many of them, do you know, claim to be Christ?
Do you really think the real Christ would leave his humility in Paradise and want applause and recognition? That wouldn't be Christ-like at all. This being one of many flaws in the "storied" version of Rapture and the Second Coming that discounts its merit IMHO.

InvestigateTruth

Do you really think the real Christ would leave his humility in Paradise and want applause and recognition? That wouldn't be Christ-like at all. This being one of many flaws in the "storied" version of Rapture and the Second Coming that discounts its merit IMHO.

How was He, the first time? Didn't He say, He is the Messiah, son of God? Looks like a big big claim to me?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If Christ comes today, how do you know it is really Him, and not a fake one?
Jesus Christ visited this forum multiple times as I recall over the years. Or was it another forum????

Anyways I knew because he said he was Jesus Christ because the post text was in red, and everyone knows red colored words are the words of the real Jesus Christ.

Spice

How was He, the first time? Didn't He say, He is the Messiah, son of God? Looks like a big big claim to me?
No, the first time he said, that is who you say I am. They made a whole musical around that fact -- Jesus Christ Superstar -- "Do you believe you are who they say you are?"

Matt 27:11-14
11Now Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” Jesus said, “You have said so.” 12But when he was accused by the chief priests and elders, he gave no answer. 13Then Pilate said to him, “Do you not hear how many things they testify against you?” 14But he gave him no answer, not even to a single charge, so that the governor was greatly amazed.

Mark 15:2

So Pilate questioned Him, "Are You the King of the Jews?" "You have said so," Jesus replied.

Luke 22:70
So they all asked, "Are You then the Son of God?" He replied, "You say that I am."

Luke 23:3
So Pilate asked Him, "Are You the King of the Jews?" "You have said so," Jesus replied.

John 18:33-36
33Pilate went back into the Praetorium, summoned Jesus, and asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” 34“Are you saying this on your own,” Jesus asked, “or did others tell you about Me?” 35“Am I a Jew?” Pilate replied. “Your own people and chief priests handed You over to me. What have You done?” 36Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now My kingdom is not of this realm.” 37“Then You are a king!” Pilate said. “You say that I am a king,” Jesus answered.

InvestigateTruth

No, the first time he said, that is who you say I am. They made a whole musical around that fact -- Jesus Christ Superstar -- "Do you believe you are who they say you are?"

Matt 27:11-14
11Now Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” Jesus said, “You have said so.” 12But when he was accused by the chief priests and elders, he gave no answer. 13Then Pilate said to him, “Do you not hear how many things they testify against you?” 14But he gave him no answer, not even to a single charge, so that the governor was greatly amazed.

Mark 15:2

So Pilate questioned Him, "Are You the King of the Jews?" "You have said so," Jesus replied.

Luke 22:70
So they all asked, "Are You then the Son of God?" He replied, "You say that I am."

Luke 23:3
So Pilate asked Him, "Are You the King of the Jews?" "You have said so," Jesus replied.

John 18:33-36
33Pilate went back into the Praetorium, summoned Jesus, and asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” 34“Are you saying this on your own,” Jesus asked, “or did others tell you about Me?” 35“Am I a Jew?” Pilate replied. “Your own people and chief priests handed You over to me. What have You done?” 36Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now My kingdom is not of this realm.” 37“Then You are a king!” Pilate said. “You say that I am a king,” Jesus answered.

"Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father." Jesus
It is a very bold claim to me.
Can you make such a claim that everyone who sees you have seen the Father?

Spice

"Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father." Jesus
It is a very bold claim to me.
Can you make such a claim that everyone who sees you have seen the Father?
If they can venture that deeply into my heart, but I'm far from reaching the level Jesus did to become the Father's "firstborn of the dead", "the faithful witness", though Jesus said he did nothing we cannot also do.

ppp

Do any of them claim to be the Christ?
Yes.
In the last 50 years, there have been several individuals who have claimed to be the reincarnation or embodiment of Jesus Christ. These claims typically arise within religious movements led by these individuals, often referred to as messianic or cult leaders. Here are a few notable examples:

1. **David Koresh (Vernon Wayne Howell)** - Leader of the Branch Davidians, a religious sect that believed in the imminent return of Jesus Christ. Koresh declared himself the final prophet and a messianic figure before perishing in the 1993 Waco siege.

2. **Sergei Torop (Vissarion)** - A former traffic policeman in Russia who founded the Church of the Last Testament in Siberia. He claims to be the reincarnation of Jesus and has a significant following.

3. **José Luis de Jesús Miranda** - A Puerto Rican preacher who founded the Growing in Grace International Ministry. He claimed to be both the reincarnation of Jesus and the Antichrist, asserting a new age of teaching and spiritual enlightenment.

4. **Apollo Quiboloy** - The founder of the Philippines-based Kingdom of Jesus Christ church. He has declared himself the "Appointed Son of God," a title suggesting a Christ-like role in salvation and spiritual leadership.

5. **Inri Cristo** - A Brazilian religious leader who claims to be the direct reincarnation of Jesus. He is known for his public appearances in robes and has a small but dedicated group of followers.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I mean... If revelation is anything to go by, it'd be hard to miss the guy

jesus_comes_in_power_by_godsartist_d6pnkvm-fullview.jpg

InvestigateTruth

If they can venture that deeply into my heart, but I'm far from reaching the level Jesus did to become the Father's "firstborn of the dead", "the faithful witness", though Jesus said he did nothing we cannot also do.

Well, the question was not how you know he is a false Christ. The question was how you know he is really the Christ.

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth
The Branch growing out of the Rod was chosen from the hundreds of descendants of Jesus in1939. However, there will be no proof, because He came like a thief in the night and is now the Holy Ghost. There will be no miracles this time, just live your life exactly the way you believe is right and if your integrity is as good or better than the Spirit of truth, you will be inspired to join a new Christian church, practicing what Jesus really taught His Nazrine disciples. The adulterated message God allowed Paul to call the Gentiles of Japheth with, has served its purpose, in deceiving satan into believing he could easily defeat Gods few remaining people, the Jews, and that His incognito army of Christians hated the Jews so much, that they would not go to their rescue if he did. But they did in1939-45. When the prince of this world was judged it was time for God to choose a Branch, not the best, nor the worst, but a standard we can all achieve, to provide the outer limit of the Narrow Gate, with Jesus as the inner post. We are now in the final war of Good over evil and unfortunately, God can only work through us, i.e., no help that cannot be construed as a coincidence, because He does not want people to believe just because they see a miracle, he only wants those who truly practice love, care and responsibility. Read my posts on my Web 'Gerald Calvert'.

Last edited:

Niatero

*banned*
I haven’t finished working my way through this thread, but I’ll answer now anyway. I might see what happens when I try doing what he says to do that’s different from what all the bandwagons are saying.