• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If all world people turn atheists.

Audie

Veteran Member
Hi Audie. Good afternoon. Let's consider what the Bible's purpose is. The Bible's purpose is to give direction in the way that we should go. It provides a lighted path so we can traverse this life without ending up in pitfalls (Proverbs 6:23). If the Bible were completely thrown out the window, as what is happening in our day and age, we would not know which way is the right way. We would be like that described in Isaiah 59:10. What is going on today is that the Bible is being thrown out as irrelevant in our modern day society and we are adopting ideas which are causing people to stumble. Sodom and Gomorrah had rejected the Law of Yahweh and they had become a wicked people in Yahweh's sight, so much so that Yahweh had to send angels to investigate to find out how wicked these cities were for themselves. Genesis 18:20 says "And Yahweh said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous". There was a cry in Sodom and Gomorrah, just as they'll be a cry in those cities which have rejected the Law of Yahweh, regardless where that city is located.

They are numerous paths in the darkness, but only one path in the light. Or more accurately, Yahshua said that there were just two paths, one broad path and one narrow path. That's why I said there would be multiple differences of opinion in a world of atheists. The path of unrighteousness is very broad. They are many different ways to do unrighteousness but ultimately all of them will lead to destruction.

Atheists tend to reject the Law of Yahweh. They may keep some Laws, those Laws which they themselves agree with, but not all of them. This attitude is made even more tenuous when their lives are in jeopardy and they choose to forsake any morality in order to save themselves alive.

I'm not going to pretend I understand atheism. I don't. All I can say is that from viewing the Bible, a world of atheists would not be beneficial in the least. Why not look to the Kingdom of Yahweh, when all will be keeping the Laws of Yahweh and when Yahweh and Yahshua will not be able to be denied as Yahshua will be on this earth ruling with His saints. That's the sort of world that I look forward to.
Ive heard different versions of what the
purpose is.
If it's for what you say it's not worked very well.

As for setting examples of goodness and love by
the claimed originator, it's terrible.

Nobody is " throwing out" all of your Bible.
Utter nonsense like literal Genesis readin'
is disregarded by educated people.

As a book with some folk wisdom it's worth
consideration. Some.

In China I was, like the rest of us, raised with
the largely the same values as in the Bible.
Different, having some the bible somehow missed,
and minus some very negative ones promoted by scrip.

Your uncalled for scurrilous claims against atheists
do nothing to enhance faith that you soaked up positive values.

Of course Christians ignoring what they don't like
is, if anything, universal. So I dont blame you.
Or them.
40 000 sects all calling forth " lo here" and, " lo there"

This path leads to child brides, that to the inquisition,
one to "no fire on Sunday" while others find its a sin to,dance. "Many opinions" i think was your term.

Atheism is very simple.
Ask if you believe in gnomes, batboy, Thor, Atlantis
Islam or that the empoerors of Japan were gods.

No? You you Thor- atheist!! :)

The reason for not believing in the God you choose to
think real are just the same as for the Thor and
Batboy non belief.

There was no Sodom and Gomorrah btw. Or
Noahs ark. I'm supposed to turn to a book like that?

Why don't I turn to a god that killed kids for being
firstborn ( so his book says) or supposedly kilked millions
in a, yes, fictitious event? Why indeed.

Ask how you can.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Have you counted the number of wars of religion and deaths in the name of a particular god or gods and compared it to wars of atheism?

The number of religious sects of Christianity alone who differ from other sects counts in the tens of thousands.

And how many are trying to live upright lives without the bible?

Doubtful because it is such a few it would make little difference
Doesn't the Bible say the number is zero?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The number of religious sects of Christianity alone who differ from other sects counts in the tens of thousands.

There is a smorgasbord of various Christian churches for Christians to choose from: Roman Catholics, Messianics, Anglicans, Orthodox (Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Ethiopian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox), and a vast assortment of Protestants: Baptist (First Baptist, Second Baptist, Southern Baptist, Reformed Baptist, Primitive Baptist, Anabaptist, Freewill Baptist), Methodist, Lutheran, Pentecostal, Mennonite, Mormon, Church of Christ, Seventh-day Adventist, The Assemblies of God, Church of God, Church of the Nazarene, and hundreds of other Protestant churches. They adhere to different doctrines and biblical interpretations. There are numerous versions of the Bible (Catholic, Greek Orthodox, and Protestant, which include a plethora of different English translations) for Christians to choose from as well. Nevertheless, Christians from different churches rarely agree on biblical interpretation, let alone on church dogmas like salvation, eternal life, a proper baptism, female pastors, the end times, and their ongoing disagreement over which Christians are true Christians and which are not (and the list goes on). The constant bickering among Christians is as old as Christianity itself (1 Corinthians 1:10–17).

I believe comedian Penn Jillette was spot on when he said, "The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God, what’s to stop me from raping all I want?" And my answer is: I rape all I want. And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn’t have this person watching over them, they would go on killing and raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine." As a former Christian, I believe that I'm far better off not allowing the fearmongering threat of hell or the hollow promise of heaven to rule my life and dictate my behavior. I think the belief in sinning against God (who may or may not exist) and the fear of being punished for it can be detrimental to a person's mental health. It certainly was to mine and to other former Christians whom I've met through my survivors of childhood abuse support group.

Doubtful because it is such a few it would make little difference.

There are a few Christians whom I consider to be the exception rather than the rule. They actually live up to what they profess as Christians. But whenever I think about the majority of the ones that I know in person or have encountered online, Gandhi's quote comes to mind: "I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." While I like this quote, I like the quote by Brendan Manning even more: "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable." These Christians, in my opinion, are more likely to cause others to reject Christianity than to encourage them to convert.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Doesn't the Bible say the number is zero?

Perhaps it's ignoring the 2.4 million killed by god (excluded those killed in the flood)

As for those killed in the name of god ??? 10,000 here, a few hundred there, who cares, lets make it zero!

ChristineM

Premium Member
There is a smorgasbord of various Christian churches for Christians to choose from: Roman Catholics, Messianics, Anglicans, Orthodox (Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Ethiopian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox), and a vast assortment of Protestants: Baptist (First Baptist, Second Baptist, Southern Baptist, Reformed Baptist, Primitive Baptist, Anabaptist, Freewill Baptist), Methodist, Lutheran, Pentecostal, Mennonite, Mormon, Church of Christ, Seventh-day Adventist, The Assemblies of God, Church of God, Church of the Nazarene, and hundreds of other Protestant churches. They all adhere to different doctrines and biblical interpretations. There are numerous versions of the Bible (Catholic, Greek Orthodox, and Protestant, which include a plethora of different English translations) for Christians to choose from as well. Nevertheless, Christians attending different churches rarely agree on biblical interpretation, let alone on church dogmas like salvation, eternal life, a proper baptism, female pastors, the end times, and their ongoing disagreement over which Christians are true Christians and which are not (and the list goes on). The constant bickering among Christians is as old as Christianity itself (1 Corinthians 1:10–17).

I believe comedian Penn Jillette was spot on when he said, "The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God, what’s to stop me from raping all I want?" And my answer is: I rape all I want. And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn’t have this person watching over them, they would go on killing and raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine." As a former Christian, I believe that I'm far better off not allowing the fearmongering threat of hell or the hollow promise of heaven to rule my life and dictate my behavior. In my opinion, the belief in sinning against God (who may or may not even exist) and the fear of being punished for it can be detrimental to a person's mental health and emotional well-being. It certainly was to mine and to other former Christians whom I've met through the survivors of childhood abuse support group.

There are a few Christians whom I consider to be the exception rather than the rule. They actually live up to what they profess as Christians. But whenever I think about the majority of the ones that I know in person or have encountered online, Gandhi's quote comes to mind: "I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." While I like this quote, I like the quote by Brendan Manning even more: "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable." In my opinion, it's Christians like these who push people away from Christianity rather than motivate them to become Christians themselves.

I understand there to be close on 50,000 different denominations of christianity. Many of whom believe their interpretation of the bible is right and all the others will burn in hell.

I love being threatened with hell. Unbeknown to the typical christian, their image of hell is derived from the works of Heironimus Bosch and Dante Alighieri. I do love being threatened with art and poetry

I know a fair number of christians, only 1 is a true Christian, she happens to be my best friend... Oh the number of arguments we have had ;-)

Messianic Israelite

Have you counted the number of wars of religion and deaths in the name of a particular god or gods and compared it to wars of atheism?

Doubtful because it is such a few it would make little difference

Hi ChristineM. Good evening. I agree, that different religions fighting amongst each other is a problem in this world and one of the main problems in our modern day society is the rivalry between Islamic groups, or else Islam being hostile against Bible believers, but that's for another debate. Yahshua the Messiah taught us the same thing as Yahweh taught in His Law, that if we see suffering, even from our enemies, we should try to alleviate that suffering. Exodus 23:4-5 is where you find the Law. You'll note that the implication of this Law is, if we are to help the property of our enemies (or in this case draft animals), restoring it to them, we should most certainly help our enemies if they themselves are suffering. Or which is greater, the beast that our enemy owns, or our enemies themselves? Yahshua elucidated on this by saying we should turn the other cheek in Matthew 5:39 and adopt a stance of non-violence to our fellow men.

When the apostolic assembly were being persecuted, they could have fought back against the Jews who were persecuting them. Jacob 5:6 says "6 Ye have condemned, ye have killed the righteous one; he doth not resist you." That's what Yahshua taught. So in other words, these wars between religious people aren't from converted people many times. I believe that countries like Israel should be able to defend themselves in war however, in the Kingdom of Yahweh Yahshua will put an end to war. Disputes will be handled by Yahshua and His Word will be final and it will be just. One will never be able to get rid of religion entirely, even if it were outlawed there would be some who would be trying to adhere to their faith, however, if one were able to outlaw religion, there would still be vast differences of opinion. The difference is, in a world where the Bible has been thrown aside, there wouldn't be the motive to do good, I assure you. People will do what they can get away with. Character is demonstrated by how we act when we think no-one is watching us. By what we do in the dark. Converted people know we are being watched by Yahweh at all times. There is nothing we will get away with. We give account for all our actions. This is the right way to think and it means we do not need surveillance states to keep us in line, we keep the Law because we know we are answerable to a Higher Power. Perjery is so common today because the words of those individuals testifying before Congress who have typically ended their pledge to tell the truth with “so help me G-d" mean absolutely nothing. Why should an atheist who doesn't want to tell the truth and get him or her self in hot water tell the truth? Because it's the right thing to do? Something to think about.

Yes, they are thousands of sects in Chr-stianity, but I would venture to say that no two atheists will completely agree. If atheism was an official religion, how many sects do you think they would have?

I believe some atheists are trying to live good lives without the Bible. Perhaps some of them were taught Bible-inspired values throughout their lives. Perhaps some are soft atheists and haven't crossed out the possibility of a Creator. Perhaps some of them realize the best life one can live is by doing good. However, it's not possible to attain to righteousness without keeping all the Biblical commandments. Deuteronomy 6:25 tells us that righteousness is the keeping of Yahweh's commandments. Faith in Yahweh is a necessary ingredient to becoming righteous (Hebrews 11:6). The first of the 10 commandments tells us this. Satan is going to have a field day with those who loosely hold to some morality, but have rejected faith in Yahweh.

You said the few lights in the world won't make a difference. They do make a difference. Take the sun for an example, it provides light for the entire earth yet is simply one light. Genesis 37:9 tells us that Jacob's family was compared to lights (sun, moon and stars). The light we shine in to the world does make a big difference to Yahweh. The prayers that we offer to Yahweh does make a difference. We're also praying for this world, that more people would be able to save themselves from the clutches of Satan the Adversary and realize their potential in Yahshua the Messiah and be in the Kingdom of Yahweh. So I don't want you to think of these lights that Yahshua spoke of as dimly burning lights, but bright lights providing light for the entire world.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yes, they are thousands of sects in Chr-stianity, but I would venture to say that no two atheists will completely agree. If atheism was an official religion, how many sects do you think they would have?

Many of them believe all other sects will burn in hell, and over the years many have gone to war with other rival sects

There is only one thing for atheists to agree on and they all agree to that otherwise they would not be atheist, they disbelieve or lack belief in the existence of God or gods. Nothing more, nothing less

However, it's not possible to attain to righteousness without keeping all the Biblical commandments

Of course it is possible, I'm atheist and I'd pit my righteousness (morality) against anyone else at any time.

Take the sun for an example,

The sun is not christian

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Hi ChristineM. Good evening. I agree, that different religions fighting amongst each other is a problem in this world and one of the main problems in our modern day society is the rivalry between Islamic groups, or else Islam being hostile against Bible believers, but that's for another debate. Yahshua the Messiah taught us the same thing as Yahweh taught in His Law, that if we see suffering, even from our enemies, we should try to alleviate that suffering. Exodus 23:4-5 is where you find the Law. You'll note that the implication of this Law is, if we are to help the property of our enemies (or in this case draft animals), restoring it to them, we should most certainly help our enemies if they themselves are suffering. Or which is greater, the beast that our enemy owns, or our enemies themselves? Yahshua elucidated on this by saying we should turn the other cheek in Matthew 5:39 and adopt a stance of non-violence to our fellow men.

When the apostolic assembly were being persecuted, they could have fought back against the Jews who were persecuting them. Jacob 5:6 says "6 Ye have condemned, ye have killed the righteous one; he doth not resist you." That's what Yahshua taught. So in other words, these wars between religious people aren't from converted people many times. I believe that countries like Israel should be able to defend themselves in war however, in the Kingdom of Yahweh Yahshua will put an end to war. Disputes will be handled by Yahshua and His Word will be final and it will be just. One will never be able to get rid of religion entirely, even if it were outlawed there would be some who would be trying to adhere to their faith, however, if one were able to outlaw religion, there would still be vast differences of opinion. The difference is, in a world where the Bible has been thrown aside, there wouldn't be the motive to do good, I assure you. People will do what they can get away with. Character is demonstrated by how we act when we think no-one is watching us. By what we do in the dark. Converted people know we are being watched by Yahweh at all times. There is nothing we will get away with. We give account for all our actions. This is the right way to think and it means we do not need surveillance states to keep us in line, we keep the Law because we know we are answerable to a Higher Power. Perjery is so common today because the words of those individuals testifying before Congress who have typically ended their pledge to tell the truth with “so help me G-d" mean absolutely nothing. Why should an atheist who doesn't want to tell the truth and get him or her self in hot water tell the truth? Because it's the right thing to do? Something to think about.

I believe some atheists are trying to live good lives without the Bible. Perhaps some of them were taught Bible-inspired values throughout their lives. Perhaps some are soft atheists and haven't crossed out the possibility of a Creator. Perhaps some of them realize the best life one can live is by doing good. However, it's not possible to attain to righteousness without keeping all the Biblical commandments. Deuteronomy 6:25 tells us that righteousness is the keeping of Yahweh's commandments. Faith in Yahweh is a necessary ingredient to becoming righteous (Hebrews 11:6). The first of the 10 commandments tells us this. Satan is going to have a field day with those who loosely hold to some morality, but have rejected faith in Yahweh.

You said the few lights in the world won't make a difference. They do make a difference. Take the sun for an example, it provides light for the entire earth yet is simply one light. Genesis 37:9 tells us that Jacob's family was compared to lights (sun, moon and stars). The light we shine in to the world does make a big difference to Yahweh. The prayers that we offer to Yahweh does make a difference. We're also praying for this world, that more people would be able to save themselves from the clutches of Satan the Adversary and realize their potential in Yahshua the Messiah and be in the Kingdom of Yahweh. So I don't want you to think of these lights that Yahshua spoke of as dimly burning lights, but bright lights providing light for the entire world.
Such bigotry isn't a sign of someone reflecting a very bright light.
It's a reminder though to keep up the resistance to
religious control of anything

Audie

Veteran Member
There is only one thing for atheists to agree on and they all agree to that otherwise they would not be atheist, they disbelieve or lack belief in the existence of God or gods. Nothing more, nothing less

Of course it is possible, I'm atheist and I'd pit my righteousness (morality) against anyone else at any time.

The sun is not christian
Even someone who spreads calumny, while all the time proclaiming moral superiority?

Audie

Veteran Member
Away from Abrahamic religions- like here-it's , you
don't get that garbage.

Maybe Popo will scold if you don't observe a custom,
break a taboo and bring bad luck.

But nothing like the self righteous making up
things about how atheists are moral cripples apd
they are so superior.

Last edited:

Messianic Israelite

Ive heard different versions of what the
purpose is.
If it's for what you say it's not worked very well.

consideration. Some.

Different, having some the bible somehow missed,
and minus some very negative ones promoted by scrip.

Of course Christians ignoring what they don't like
is, if anything, universal. So I dont blame you.
Or them.
40 000 sects all calling forth " lo here" and, " lo there"

This path leads to child brides, that to the inquisition,
one to "no fire on Sunday" while others find its a sin to,dance. "Many opinions" i think was your term.

Atheism is very simple.

No? You you Thor- atheist!! :)

The reason for not believing in the God you choose to
think real are just the same as for the Thor and
Batboy non belief.

Ask how you can.

Hi Audie. Good evening. Why do think the Bible doesn't work well? It does work well. Those who actually take the time to study it and apply themselves to it are able to live an overcoming life. Even if people haven't avoided all pitfalls in life, the Bible shows us the way back to Yahweh so we can find entrance in to the Kingdom of Yahweh, avoiding the greatest pitfall which is Gehenna Fire. You cannot beat Yahweh's system. You can try to, but it won't end well.

Really? Is that what you really think? I don't see how you can. Yahshua dying for mankind is the greatest act of love Yahweh could have possibly showed to each one of us. Yahweh is a loving Elohim. He gave up his wonderful Son, sent him down as a mortal to this earth to show us, frail mankind, how to live our lives. John 15:13 tells us that there is no greater love that can be shown than a individual lay his life down for his friends. Yahshua shouldn't have had to die for us. He did so in love. Yahweh sent His only begotten Son to us in love. Not a little bit of love, not a feigned love but a deep, sincere love for His people so they could have a second chance through Yahshua the Messiah and through His blood. Sin stains us, and nothing can remove those stains, because they're so reprehensible to our Creator, except blood, because the life is contained in the blood. Yahweh provided the perfect sacrifice through His Son, for all who are weary and heavily burdened (Matthew 11:28), lifting the heavy yoke of sin from off our necks and pouring His Holy Spirit upon us so we may have the power and strength to live an overcoming life, keeping all of the Biblical Laws.

I would venture to say that you have never even come close to showing the sort of love that Yahweh showed through Yahshua the Messiah. Neither have I. What then does that make you, if you are calling Yahweh a terrible Being for setting an example?

We affirm that the teachings of the sacred Scriptures must be interpreted as literally as possible and its precepts faithfully obeyed by the dedicated believers. You want to know what people who do not take the Bible literally are. Faithless. Yahshua continued to condemn the people in His generation as being faithless and he combined that word with the word perverse (Matthew 17:17). People want to believe in Yahshua. "Oh, we believe in Yahshua. But all of the rest of the Bible isn't to be taken literally!" Is that perverse? Yes it is. Because Yahshua our Savior believed 100% in the Bible. He spoke of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah and Adam and Eve as things which did occur. If you do not take the Bible literally, you are faithless. It's quite simple and "if we are faithless, he abideth faithful; for he cannot deny himself." The Kingdom of Yahweh, Gehenna Fire, all the accounts of the Bible are true and can be believed. As Yahshua said "be not faithless, but believing." I'm an educated person and I believe in a literal reading of Genesis so your statement isn't true. They are multiple individuals who are educated who take the Bible literally. Unfortunately, the education system tries to implant doubt in the minds of the Bible's veracity. Those who do not have sufficient faith can easily be swallowed up in the whirlpool of skepticism and doubt surrounding the Bible.

consideration. Some.
That's not what the Bible is. The Bible is the Word of Yahweh. Hebrews 4:12 says says the Word of Yahweh is living and active. It's not simply a book with a bit of folk wisdom. It is the mind, the life of Yahweh, the laws, the precepts, the ordinances, the testimonies, the past and the future all encapsulated in one Book. It holds the difference between eternal life and eternal death, because of those who adhere to it and those who don't.

The Chinese Communist Party, China's ruling regime, has been on a mission to rewrite the Bible through a communist lens.

I might ask, What scurrilous claims? Atheists make all sorts of disparaging remarks about an Almighty. You yourself have made scurrilous claims against Yahweh. In Psalm 14:1 it says "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no Elohim. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works; There is none that doeth good." Is that a scurrilous claim? Or is it the truth?

Atheism is very simple.

If you want to worship a giant dust cloud as your Creator, be my guest. It's an easy religion. A dust cloud doesn't demand anything of you. You are free to do what you want, but it simply isn't true and in the end those who believe in this are going to be like the "partridge that sitteth on eggs which she hath not laid, so is he that getteth riches, and not by right; in the midst of his days they shall leave him, and at his end he shall be a fool." It's not going to profit anyone whatsoever by believing in this lie.

Have you ever been to the Sodom and Gomorrah region. There is an identifiable burn level which can still be seen to this day. It happened. Further, the Flood occurred. Many fossils, such as fossilized jellyfish,a show by the details of their soft, fleshy portions that they were buried rapidly, before they could decay. (Normally, dead animals and plants quickly decompose.) The presence of fossilized remains of many other animals, buried in mass graves and lying in twisted and contorted positions, suggests violent and rapid burials over large areas. But all this information is completely disregarded in order to believe a lie.

How many Egyptians had the firstborn of the Israelites killed by throwing them in the river Nile for the crocodiles (Exodus 1:22). I don't think people have a good grasp on justice today, but I do. Justice means repaying someone either for good or for evil for what they have done to you. The firstborn of Egypt did pay the price, yes, and it was just. Yahweh didn't destroy the Egyptians altogether, which may well have been his right after the awful treatment that they subjected the Israelite's to but he selectively destroyed their firstborn and it was because of that judgment that Egypt let Israel go. You do not mess around with Yahweh's people. You're playing with fire if you do. Yahweh is the Creator and Sustainer of this Universe, and when He chooses to defend His people, He will do so with power.

Last edited:

Messianic Israelite

Many of them believe all other sects will burn in hell, and over the years many have gone to war with other rival sects

The sun is not christian

Hi ChristineM. Good evening.

This is what I'm saying. Atheists are united by one thing. The differ in opinion in everything else. That's what creates wars. Differences of opinion. So saying a world of only atheists would result in less wars or no wars is a serious error.

Yahweh will decide who is righteous or not based on whether they kept His Laws or not. Mankind wants to set the bar low for themselves by saying things like 'as long as I don't harm my neighbor I'm a good person'. Righteousness is defined in Deuteronomy 6:25 as those who keep the Laws of the Bible.

The sun is not christian
Hi ChristineM. I understand that. However I was making a point on the sort of lights we are in the world. Our life, our example and our prayers have influence on this world.

Altfish

Veteran Member
If all world people turn atheists, then what fantastic in this world will happen ?

Atheists please shed some light upon.........:flashlight:
............................................................................"THIS"
Build hospitals and schools instead of places of worship.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The differ in opinion in everything else. That's what creates wars

And with close to 50,000 different sects of christianity all with different opinions and around 4200 different religions all with different opinions di you think religious wars don't happen?
Please feel free to provide a list of wars caused by atheism throughout history and provide you with a list of wars where one side ot both were fighting to impose their religion onto the other side

So saying a world of only atheists would result in less wars or no wars is a serious error.

Actually looking at the figures no its not a serious error.

Yahweh will decide who is righteous or not

In your opinion,

However I was making a point on the sort of lights we are in the world.

Again, in your opinion

Audie

Veteran Member
Hi Audie. Good evening. Why do think the Bible doesn't work well? It does work well. Those who actually take the time to study it and apply themselves to it are able to live an overcoming life. Even if people haven't avoided all pitfalls in life, the Bible shows us the way back to Yahweh so we can find entrance in to the Kingdom of Yahweh, avoiding the greatest pitfall which is Gehenna Fire. You cannot beat Yahweh's system. You can try to, but it won't end well.

Really? Is that what you really think? I don't see how you can. Yahshua dying for mankind is the greatest act of love Yahweh could have possibly showed to each one of us. Yahweh is a loving Elohim. He gave up his wonderful Son, sent him down as a mortal to this earth to show us, frail mankind, how to live our lives. John 15:13 tells us that there is no greater love that can be shown than a individual lay his life down for his friends. Yahshua shouldn't have had to die for us. He did so in love. Yahweh sent His only begotten Son to us in love. Not a little bit of love, not a feigned love but a deep, sincere love for His people so they could have a second chance through Yahshua the Messiah and through His blood. Sin stains us, and nothing can remove those stains, because they're so reprehensible to our Creator, except blood, because the life is contained in the blood. Yahweh provided the perfect sacrifice through His Son, for all who are weary and heavily burdened (Matthew 11:28), lifting the heavy yoke of sin from off our necks and pouring His Holy Spirit upon us so we may have the power and strength to live an overcoming life, keeping all of the Biblical Laws.

I would venture to say that you have never even come close to showing the sort of love that Yahweh showed through Yahshua the Messiah. Neither have I. What then does that make you, if you are calling Yahweh a terrible Being for setting an example?

We affirm that the teachings of the sacred Scriptures must be interpreted as literally as possible and its precepts faithfully obeyed by the dedicated believers. You want to know what people who do not take the Bible literally are. Faithless. Yahshua continued to condemn the people in His generation as being faithless and he combined that word with the word perverse (Matthew 17:17). People want to believe in Yahshua. "Oh, we believe in Yahshua. But all of the rest of the Bible isn't to be taken literally!" Is that perverse? Yes it is. Because Yahshua our Savior believed 100% in the Bible. He spoke of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah and Adam and Eve as things which did occur. If you do not take the Bible literally, you are faithless. It's quite simple and "if we are faithless, he abideth faithful; for he cannot deny himself." The Kingdom of Yahweh, Gehenna Fire, all the accounts of the Bible are true and can be believed. As Yahshua said "be not faithless, but believing." I'm an educated person and I believe in a literal reading of Genesis so your statement isn't true. They are multiple individuals who are educated who take the Bible literally. Unfortunately, the education system tries to implant doubt in the minds of the Bible's veracity. Those who do not have sufficient faith can easily be swallowed up in the whirlpool of skepticism and doubt surrounding the Bible.

That's not what the Bible is. The Bible is the Word of Yahweh. Hebrews 4:12 says says the Word of Yahweh is living and active. It's not simply a book with a bit of folk wisdom. It is the mind, the life of Yahweh, the laws, the precepts, the ordinances, the testimonies, the past and the future all encapsulated in one Book. It holds the difference between eternal life and eternal death, because of those who adhere to it and those who don't.

The Chinese Communist Party, China's ruling regime, has been on a mission to rewrite the Bible through a communist lens.

I might ask, What scurrilous claims? Atheists make all sorts of disparaging remarks about an Almighty. You yourself have made scurrilous claims against Yahweh. In Psalm 14:1 it says "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no Elohim. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works; There is none that doeth good." Is that a scurrilous claim? Or is it the truth?

If you want to worship a giant dust cloud as your Creator, be my guest. It's an easy religion. A dust cloud doesn't demand anything of you. You are free to do what you want, but it simply isn't true and in the end those who believe in this are going to be like the "partridge that sitteth on eggs which she hath not laid, so is he that getteth riches, and not by right; in the midst of his days they shall leave him, and at his end he shall be a fool." It's not going to profit anyone whatsoever by believing in this lie.

Have you ever been to the Sodom and Gomorrah region. There is an identifiable burn level which can still be seen to this day. It happened. Further, the Flood occurred. Many fossils, such as fossilized jellyfish,a show by the details of their soft, fleshy portions that they were buried rapidly, before they could decay. (Normally, dead animals and plants quickly decompose.) The presence of fossilized remains of many other animals, buried in mass graves and lying in twisted and contorted positions, suggests violent and rapid burials over large areas. But all this information is completely disregarded in order to believe a lie.

How many Egyptians had the firstborn of the Israelites killed by throwing them in the river Nile for the crocodiles (Exodus 1:22). I don't think people have a good grasp on justice today, but I do. Justice means repaying someone either for good or for evil for what they have done to you. The firstborn of Egypt did pay the price, yes, and it was just. Yahweh didn't destroy the Egyptians altogether, which may well have been his right after the awful treatment that they subjected the Israelite's to but he selectively destroyed their firstborn and it was because of that judgment that Egypt let Israel go. You do not mess around with Yahweh's people. You're playing with fire if you do. Yahweh is the Creator and Sustainer of this Universe, and when He chooses to defend His people, He will do so with power.
Quick skim...we find you trying to
instruct me on Chinese culture.

Glance down. There it is. Noahs ark.

Trying instruct me on geology.
Unaware of literally knowing less
than nothing about it.

Terrif examples of the faith you promote

Those two tell me all I need to know about how much
intellectual integrity would be in the parts I skipped.

"OK, bye lah" as they say here in Singapore.

Last edited: