• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IE versus FF

InfidelRiot

Is there some sort of forever contract where IE has to be the primary browser for computers when they are purchased?

I would like to see it happen where FF (firefox) become the primary browser because anyone with half a brain knows that IE is crap.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
FF is primary browser for apple computers

IE is primary for Windows.

I like Windows better and Chrome better than both :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You actually can disable and delete IE from Windows. I haven't had it on my computer for some time now. But it will always be the primary web browser for a Windows computer because IE is a Microsoft product.

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
In Windows 7 you can turn of IE by running "Turn Windows features on or off" and unchecking it if you want. There are other ways of disabling it as well, but you shouldn't remove it entirely because components of it are used by Windows.

FF is better because of its add-ons, I make heavy use of them and I don't think I could go back to IE now.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Is there some sort of forever contract where IE has to be the primary browser for computers when they are purchased?

I would like to see it happen where FF (firefox) become the primary browser because anyone with half a brain knows that IE is crap.

IE isn't total crap, it just isn't user friendly. Microsoft has been fairly clear that its products aren't meant to be user-friendly. That doesn't mean that their software products are necessarily worse, just different and requiring a deeper understanding and awareness of what you do with your computer.

Each browser has its advantages and disadvantages.

Windows as an operating system may not be more secure, but that isn't because Microsoft sucks, but because Windows is designed to allow for a large amount of control by the application developer.

One could almost say that the Windows philosophy is that software engineering liberty is more important than user security.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
IE isn't total crap, it just isn't user friendly. Microsoft has been fairly clear that its products aren't meant to be user-friendly. That doesn't mean that their software products are necessarily worse, just different and requiring a deeper understanding and awareness of what you do with your computer.
With IE, it doesn't necessarily depend on the user. It just comes as a bad deal on it's own, especially in terms of security. But with products like FF, that are open source, there are not only more people working on it, there are people who know more about that stuff that are working on it which makes it a better program.
And not too mention it takes Microsoft forever to incorporate things that other web browsers have (such as tabbed browsing) to IE.