• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idolatry in Islam

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
In another thread, the lumpy object presented as the 'spheroid', earth, was hardly spherical, anyway.//when asked for proof of a ball earth.

I am witholding further argument on this subject, in this thread.

Magus

“And the earth, moreover, hath He made spread out (egg shaped).” وَٱلۡأَرۡضَ بَعۡدَ ذَٲلِكَ دَحَٮٰهَآ

دَحَٮٰهَآ = Dahaahaa
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

[Al-Qur’an 79:30]

The Arabic word for egg here is dahaahaa which means an ostrich-egg. The shape of an ostrich-egg resembles the geo-spherical shape of the Earth. Thus the Qur’an correctly describes the shape of the Earth, though the prevalent notion when the Qur’an was revealed was that the Earth was flat.

What Mr Muslim doesn't tell you, Since Arabic is Semitic, all the words are derive from roots and the root of 'Dahaahah' (Noun) is 'Daha' ( Spread out ) and doesn't actually mean Ostrich Egg, it simply describes the place where ostrich lays its egg, Ostriches spread out (ta-daha) the earth with it's feet.

The Arabic word for Ostrich Egg is 'Baydi-an-nami'.

The word 'Dahaaha' simply describes the Earth as being 'Spread out'

The Spherical earth was known 1000 years before Islam, for example Pythagorus ( 6th Century BCE ). If Pythagorus knew the earth was flat around 600 BCE, does that make him a magical prophet man?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What Mr Muslim doesn't tell you, Since Arabic is Semitic, all the words are derive from roots and the root of 'Dahaahah' (Noun) is 'Daha' ( Spread out ) and doesn't actually mean Ostrich Egg, it simply describes the place where ostrich lays its egg, Ostriches spread out (ta-daha) the earth with it's feet.

The Arabic word for Ostrich Egg is 'Baydi-an-nami'.

The word 'Dahaaha' simply describes the Earth as being 'Spread out'

The Spherical earth was known 1000 years before Islam, for example Pythagorus ( 6th Century BCE ). If Pythagorus knew the earth was flat around 600 BCE, does that make him a magical prophet man?
That argument doesn't make sense, anyway.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
A thread about idolatry in Islaam is perhaps the perfect place for a claim that the Kaaba is at the "center of the Earth".

All the more so when it is pointed out that the claim makes no sense and there is no admission that it indeed makes no sense.

Magus

You are totally wrong, "Daha" is a verb, and "Dahaahah" is the same verb with added pronoun that goes back to the word "earth"

The Arabic word for Egg is Bida , in Hebrew it is 'Bize' -בֵּיצָה- , the Arabic word for white is 'Abid'.
The Arabic word for Earth is Ard, in Hebrew it is Arz -אֶרֶץ-

Root word for 'Daha' is -טוּחַ- (Tah) meaning "to spread over'.

Qur'an 15:19
"And the earth we have spread out

The Semite word 'Ard' , exists in Latin as 'Ard' -plough- or in Greek 'Arotron' -plough-

'Allah' spreading the earth , simply an attribute of the deity that is 'Allah', deriving from 'אל' ( AL ) which is made up of two components, A (Ox head ) and L ( Staff or Goad), so the word Allah means Plougher, also euphemism for sexual intercourse, so also meant Father-Creator-Fertility god;
ancientegyptplough.jpg

Here is 'Allah' spreading out the Earth .

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
The Arabic word for Egg is Bida , in Hebrew it is 'Bize' -בֵּיצָה- , the Arabic word for white is 'Abid'.

spread - definition of spread in English | Oxford Dictionaries <<<< Let's see what spread means:

None of these words means flat or anything near the word flat.

The Semite word 'Ard' , exists in Latin as 'Ard' -plough- or in Greek 'Arotron' -plough-

'Allah' spreading the earth , simply an attribute of the deity that is 'Allah', deriving from 'אל' ( AL ) which is made up of two components, A (Ox head ) and L ( Staff or Goad), so the word Allah means Plougher, also euphemism for sexual intercourse, so also meant Father-Creator-Fertility god;

How do you get ALLAH from El?

Say, "What thing is greatest in testimony?" Say, " Allah is witness between me and you. And this Qur'an was revealed to me that I may warn you thereby and whomever it reaches. Do you [truly] testify that with Allah there are other deities?" Say, "I will not testify [with you]." Say, "Indeed, He is but one God, and indeed, I am free of what you associate [with Him]." Qur'an 6:19

The Al is inseparable from ALLAH

ALLAH is a name and a unique one at that. Made up of Alif Lam Lam Alif Ha
Take off the Alif and you get Lam Lam Alif Ha - pronounced lilah for God
take off the Lam for Lahoo - HIM
Take Off Lam and you are left with hoo - him
And you can't say the name of God without your tongue prostrating.

ALLAH = His Name, ILAH = God, LAHU = HIM, HU = HE
ALLAH is a proper name denotting the essence of the one who has necessary existance, the one who is dereserving of every perfection and is free of every type of fault or deficiency.

Lane's Arabic-English Lexicon (which is based on classical Arabic dictionaries), says under the word Allah, while citing many linguistical authorities:

"Allah ... is a proper name applied to the Being Who exists necessarily, by Himself, comprising all the attributes of perfection, a proper name denoting the true god ... the al being inseparable from it, not derived..."

Qur'an 3:26 Say, "Our god: possessor of all sovereignty. You grant sovereignty to whomever You choose, You remove sovereignty from whomever You choose. You grant dignity to whomever You choose, and commit to humiliation whomever You choose. In Your hand are all provisions. You are Omnipotent.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Say, "What thing is greatest in testimony?" Say, " Allah is witness between me and you. And this Qur'an was revealed to me that I may warn you thereby and whomever it reaches. Do you [truly] testify that with Allah there are other deities?" Say, "I will not testify [with you]." Say, "Indeed, He is but one God, and indeed, I am free of what you associate [with Him]." Qur'an 6:19

The Al is inseparable from ALLAH

ALLAH is a name and a unique one at that. Made up of Alif Lam Lam Alif Ha
Take off the Alif and you get Lam Lam Alif Ha - pronounced lilah for God
take off the Lam for Lahoo - HIM
Take Off Lam and you are left with hoo - him
And you can't say the name of God without your tongue prostrating.

ALLAH = His Name, ILAH = God, LAHU = HIM, HU = HE
ALLAH is a proper name denotting the essence of the one who has necessary existance, the one who is dereserving of every perfection and is free of every type of fault or deficiency.

Lane's Arabic-English Lexicon (which is based on classical Arabic dictionaries), says under the word Allah, while citing many linguistical authorities:

"Allah ... is a proper name applied to the Being Who exists necessarily, by Himself, comprising all the attributes of perfection, a proper name denoting the true god ... the al being inseparable from it, not derived..."

Qur'an 3:26 Say, "Our god: possessor of all sovereignty. You grant sovereignty to whomever You choose, You remove sovereignty from whomever You choose. You grant dignity to whomever You choose, and commit to humiliation whomever You choose. In Your hand are all provisions. You are Omnipotent.

You have actually presented two different arguments, without realizing it.

Although I agree that 'allah', is it's own name, you have also presented an argument that infers it is a compound name, actually a derived title. Ie, the linguistic reference is stating that it is entirely a separate non-compound name, and you are arguing that it is a modified compound name. Those aren't the same thing.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

^
What this means, is that 'allah', is not a modified compound name. In other words, it contradicts your argument for how the name 'allah', is derived.

Britedream

ancientegyptplough.jpg

Please read my post again, I didn't talk about what an egg means, I just pointed out you are taking a verb and using it as a root word. you are using a Hebrew word for the arabic one, which it shouldn't be right, as you pointed out that the root for "Daha" is the word "Dah". No, it is not, in Arabic.

As for the meaning of "Daha", we use it to denote the extention in size; if you were to fully over pack your bag to the point that it extends its size, then we can use the word in question. We can also use it metaphorically to indicate that it is fully packed. other uses I have no knowledge of.

Last edited:

Magus

Please read my post again, I didn't talk about what an egg means, I just pointed out you are taking a verb and using it as a root word. you are using a Hebrew word for the arabic one, which it shouldn't be right, as you pointed out that the root for "Daha" is the word "Dah". No, it is not, in Arabic.

As for the meaning of "Daha", we use it to denote the extention in size; if you were to fully over pack your bag to the point that it extends its size, then we can use the word in question. We can also use it metaphorically to indicate that it is fully packed. other uses I have no knowledge of.

Hebrew and Arabic are in the same language family, but Biblical Hebrew is older, therefore you can explain Arabic words using Hebrew .

How do you get ALLAH from El?

All Islamic scholar agree on the etymology of 'Allah', from 'ILAH' , which is cognate with EL

The Arabic 'ilah' itself came down from Syrian ' Ilāh ' (dialectic form of Eloah) introduced by Syrian settlers, a contraction of ' Ilāh hag-Gabal in the Arabic 'ilah jabal' or Jabal al nour
as well as introducing the Black stone.
sacred_stones_4.jpg

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
'Eloah' could be referring to a non-Biblical god.

It wouldn't be a proper name, if 'allah' is from 'Eloah'.

Last edited: