• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idolatry in Islam

PatrickLeo

Koran 2:115

To God belong the East and the West; whithersoever you turn, there is the Face of God; God is All-embracing, All-knowing.

Koran 55: 26

Everyone upon the earth will perish,

Koran 55:27

And there will remain the Face of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor.

"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God

Exodus 20:4 "You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

You shall not make for yourselves idols, nor shall you set up for yourselves an image or a sacred pillar, nor shall you place a figured stone in your land to bow down to it; for I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 26:1 "'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
So you're an atheist and you're concerned that Muslims are practicing idolatry, Troll much!!!

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Islam is probably the most anti Idolatry religion in the world.

PatrickLeo

Islam is probably the most anti Idolatry religion in the world.

Their claim is voided by the koranic verses and their practical worship of the Black Stone, the place of Abraham (an idol of Abraham used to be there), and hadiths such as:

“Some faces that Day shall be Naadirah (shining and radiant).

Looking at their Lord (Allaah)”

[al-Qiyaamah :22-23]

“When the people of Paradise enter Paradise, Allaah will say, ‘Do you want anything more?’ They will say, ‘Have You not brightened our faces, admitted us to Paradise and saved us from Hell?’ Then the veil will be lifted and they will not have seen anything more dear to them than looking upon their Lord, may He be glorified and exalted. This is what is meant by ‘even more.’” Then he recited the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“For those who have done good is the best reward and even more (i.e. having the honour of glancing at the Countenance of Allaah)”

[Yoonus 10:26]

Will the believers see their Lord in Paradise? - islamqa.info

Seeing Allah in Paradise | Hadithaday.org

With regard to the evidence in the Sunnah, there is a great deal of it. For example:

1. Al-Bukhari and Muslim narrated from Abu Hurayrah (radi Allahu anhu) that some people said: “O Messenger of Allah, will we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?” The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Do you doubt that you see the moon on the night when it is full?” They said, “No, O Messenger of Allah.” He (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, ‘Do you doubt that you see the sun when there is no cloud?” They said, “No, O Messenger of Allah.” He (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “You will see Him likewise…”

According to a report narrated by Al-Bukhari: “you will not have any doubts or disputes concerning seeing Him,” and seeing Him will not cause you any hardship or make you tired. And Allah knows best. [Summarised from Sharh Muslim]

2. Also in al-Saheehayn (Al-Bukhari and Muslim), it is narrated that Jareer ibn ‘Abd-Allah (radi Allahu anhu) said: “We were sitting with the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam), looking at the moon on the night of the fourteenth (of the month). He said, ‘You will see your Lord with your own eyes just as you are looking at this (moon), without any doubt that you are seeing Him.’”

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Their claim is voided by the koranic verses and their practical worship of the Black Stone, the place of Abraham (an idol of Abraham used to be there),

Prove anyone worships the Black Stone or station of Abraham pbuh.

BUKHARI:

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 667:

Narrated 'Abis bin Rabia: Umar came near the Black Stone and kissed it and said "NO DOUBT, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND CAN NEITHER BENEFIT ANYONE NOR HARM ANYONE. Had I not seen Allah's Apostle kissing you I would not have kissed you."

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 675:

Narrated Zaid bin Aslam from his father who said: "Umar bin Al-Khattab addressed the Corner (Black Stone) saying, 'BY ALLAH! I KNOW THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND CAN NEITHER BENEFIT NOR HARM. Had I not seen the Prophet touching (and kissing) you, I would never have touched (and kissed) you.' Then he kissed it and said, 'There is no reason for us to do Ramal (in Tawaf) except that we wanted to show off before the pagans, and now Allah has destroyed them.' 'Umar added, '(Nevertheless), the Prophet did that and we do not want to leave it (i.e. Ramal).'"

MUSLIM:

Book 007, Number 2914:

Abdullah b. Sarjis reported: I saw the bald one, i. e. 'Umar b. Khattib (Allah be pleased with him). kissing the Stone and saying: BY ALLAH. I AM KISSING WITH FULL CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE FACT THAT YOU ARE A STONE AND THAT YOU CAN NEITHER DO ANY HARM NOR GOOD; and if I had not seen Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) kissing you. I would not have kissed you. The rest of the hadith is the same.

The Stone is not be worshipped or regarded as anything but a marker. It's only special significance being, it was sent down directly from Heaven to mark the spot of the first House of Worship.

and hadiths such as:

“Some faces that Day shall be Naadirah (shining and radiant).

Looking at their Lord (Allaah)”

[al-Qiyaamah :22-23]

“When the people of Paradise enter Paradise, Allaah will say, ‘Do you want anything more?’ They will say, ‘Have You not brightened our faces, admitted us to Paradise and saved us from Hell?’ Then the veil will be lifted and they will not have seen anything more dear to them than looking upon their Lord, may He be glorified and exalted. This is what is meant by ‘even more.’” Then he recited the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“For those who have done good is the best reward and even more (i.e. having the honour of glancing at the Countenance of Allaah)”

[Yoonus 10:26]

Will the believers see their Lord in Paradise? - islamqa.info

Seeing Allah in Paradise | Hadithaday.org

With regard to the evidence in the Sunnah, there is a great deal of it. For example:

1. Al-Bukhari and Muslim narrated from Abu Hurayrah (radi Allahu anhu) that some people said: “O Messenger of Allah, will we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?” The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Do you doubt that you see the moon on the night when it is full?” They said, “No, O Messenger of Allah.” He (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, ‘Do you doubt that you see the sun when there is no cloud?” They said, “No, O Messenger of Allah.” He (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “You will see Him likewise…”

According to a report narrated by Al-Bukhari: “you will not have any doubts or disputes concerning seeing Him,” and seeing Him will not cause you any hardship or make you tired. And Allah knows best. [Summarised from Sharh Muslim]

2. Also in al-Saheehayn (Al-Bukhari and Muslim), it is narrated that Jareer ibn ‘Abd-Allah (radi Allahu anhu) said: “We were sitting with the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam), looking at the moon on the night of the fourteenth (of the month). He said, ‘You will see your Lord with your own eyes just as you are looking at this (moon), without any doubt that you are seeing Him.’”
I'm confused as to why you think meeting God on Judgement Day is related to idolatry?