• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ICC Seeks Arrests Warrants

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
If nothing else it has been fun watching the leaders of Hamas and Israel both make statements indignant that they are being held to the same standard.
[Natanyahu and Sinwar, in handcuffs, both put into the same police car.]

Both: "How dare you suggest it's not perfectly okay for us to kill civilians after everything they did to us!"

[Pause, they look at each other.]

Both: (realising) "Ahhhhh! We get it, now!"

[Peace reigns for a thousand years.]

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Banach-Tarski Paradox

Hamas is using the AUC’s excuse, and Israel is using the FARC’s excuse.
It’s a paramilitary group, or at least it was. The alphabet soup is continually changing, and I don’t keep up with it.

But they were both guilty of War Crimes.

There are only 3 sides in this.

The FARC, the AUC, and the people seeking sanctuary from the fighting in the church.

Not so different from the 3 sides of that other war that folks are talking about here.

This conflict has 3 sides, as well.

And folks are lining up to choose between those 3 sides.

Yerda

Veteran Member

When the chief prosecutor of the international criminal court (ICC) announced he was seeking arrest warrants against Israeli and Hamas leaders, he issued a cryptic warning: “I insist that all attempts to impede, intimidate or improperly influence the officials of this court must cease immediately.”

Karim Khan did not provide specific details of attempts to interfere in the ICC’s work, but he noted a clause in the court’s foundational treaty that made any such interference a criminal offence. If the conduct continued, he added, “my office will not hesitate to act”.

The prosecutor did not say who had attempted to intervene in the administration of justice, or how exactly they had done so.

Now, an investigation by the Guardian and the Israeli-based magazines +972 and Local Call can reveal how Israel has run an almost decade-long secret “war” against the court. The country deployed its intelligence agencies to surveil, hack, pressure, smear and allegedly threaten senior ICC staff in an effort to derail the court’s inquiries.

These people are really damaging their country's reputation.