• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I was thirsty, and you gave me water"

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I'm sure that the Border Patrol does eventually give water to the people they capture before deportation. However, not everyone runs across las migras, and I see it as an act of basic human compassion to ensure that they don't die a painful death.

So, should we provide lunch meat sandwiches as well? Heck, why not just give them a one way bus ticket to the American city of their choice?

I'm not trying to create a strawman, but I really don't understand what you are getting at here. People can die many imaginable ways crossing a desert. What is your solution?

I am all for having a water station half way across the desert. Heck, advertise the fact that you have this water station. If some illegal immigrants get into a tough pickle, then they have the water station to fall back on. The catch is that you will be taken back. It's your choice.

J Bryson

So, should we provide lunch meat sandwiches as well? Heck, why not just give them a one way bus ticket to the American city of their choice?

I'm not trying to create a strawman, but I really don't understand what you are getting at here. People can die many imaginable ways crossing a desert. What is your solution?

Don't bust a man for trying to make sure that they don't die.

we didn't we did it because he didn't have them deported as soon as they weren't dieing of thirst anymore

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
My point--which seems to be lost in any number of hypothetical scenarios--is that as he was not assisting the crossers in escaping the border patrol, was not smuggling them, and instead was attempting to ensure their survival regardless of the legality or illegality of their actions, he should be applauded as a humanitarian rather than prosecuted as a criminal.
Not sure if I was being included in this, but my last comment was in agreement with you and I was just expanding on the notion of something being illegal does always equal that something being morally wrong.

ps
what if illigals heard about the water and decided to border cross only to find the water had been drank by someone els, are they then not partialy responcible for there death?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
ps
what if illigals heard about the water and decided to border cross only to find the water had been drank by someone els, are they then not partialy responcible for there death?

No.

And not only that I do not think anyone is going to decide to move illegally or legally because they think there is some bottled water on the way to drink.

These people are going to come either way and that is obvious because they have to know its dangerous and that people have died on the way and they still keep coming.

Love

Dallas