• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Want A House With A View

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Traffic lights controlled by a laser or IR beam across the road 100 yards before the bridge at a inches or two below bridge headroom. Break the beam turn lights red. Fairly cheap solution i think
Or, we do nothing except letting people shave the top off their load so we can continue to laugh at it. :D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Traffic lights controlled by a laser or IR beam across the road 100 yards before the bridge at a inches or two below bridge headroom. Break the beam turn lights red. Fairly cheap solution i think
I have seen trucks run a red light and go through . . . wait, I mean try to go under that bridge.

And I will be posting a slightly similar YouTube channel. This time it is a simple parking lot.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One of your best posts yet. :thumbsup:

Regardless of the warning and their ignorance, I still gotta feel sorry for them.

Don't underestimate inattention's insidious ways.
It can afflict even chess club brain sized intellects.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That's brilliant. Seriously. Do you know how much that would save us all in insurance claims? They are not going that fast in that area anyway so plenty of time to stop with the warning.

But it sure is entertaining to watch!

Thanks,

Its the sort of thing that makes you realise some people should not me allowed outside on there own

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Who here has never done anything stupid while driving?
Even if it didn't bite you in the pi goo.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Who here has never done anything stupid while driving?
Even if it didn't bite you in the pi goo.

Never anything serious, most stupid thing i did was cut up a cop car to change lanes for turning.

If you dont include screaming round a track at 200+ mph

The trick with driving is treat it with respect and treat everyone else like they are idiots

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Never anything serious, most stupid thing i did was cut up a cop car to change lanes for turning.

If you dont include screaming round a track at 200+ mph

The trick with driving is treat it with respect and treat everyone else like they are idiots
That is indeed good advice.
But no one is perfect.
I'm a more conscientious driver than most.
(I know that cuz I'm the guy people hate to be behind.)
But I think back on all the things I've done over the years....I'm lucky to be alive.

ChristineM

Premium Member
One....a donut in the snow on an expressway.

Did that on a wet roundabout (you know what a roundabout is - right?), Actually half a donut, a 180, got it back under control. The expression on the bus drivers face behind in front of me was a picture

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
One of your best posts yet. :thumbsup:

Regardless of the warning and their ignorance, I still gotta feel sorry for them.

The last one...coming from the right, he realized he was too tall for the underpass...he then turned right the wrong way onto a one-way...he backed up, going into the side he had just left, facing to the left...and proceeded to turn right instead of going straight...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did that on a wet roundabout (you know what a roundabout is - right?), Actually half a donut, a 180, got it back under control. The expression on the bus drivers face behind in front of me was a picture
Yes, we have roundabouts even in Revoltistan.
I like only the small ones.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
During an ice storm, I'd picked up a friend and were headed to meet some others. He asked if it was slick. I slammed on the breaks, did a perfect 270 and backed into a side street.

That was when we were 19. I'd been driving on a farm for five years.

When I took driver's ed at 15, there was an ice storm, and a large parking lot in a local park was smoothly iced over, almost good enough to skate on. The instructor had us practice accelerating, turning and braking. I didn't have any problem at all...didn't spin out, just braked lightly and light on the wheel and kept pretty straight. He couldn't understand it--the other two drivers in the car spun it all over. So, he had me go to the far end of the lot, and accelerate to as fast as I could (only about 35, given the lot conditions and the lack of traction), then he slammed on the brakes. I kept us pretty straight, and I stopped just a few feet from the end of the lot.

He said, "How in the Hell did you do that?"

I just shrugged my shoulders and grinned at him. "Beginner's luck?" I said.

On the drive back to school I told him of my background.

That doesn't mean I haven't had a few spinouts in my time, but fortunately, no significant damage resulted. Well, there was the one time a tree jumped out and bit my car...