• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I needed this today

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I had a rather bad morning that left me upset and asking a lot of questions as well as trying to plan ahead and be ready for the fight to come later. I then came across this article by Helen Liang and one paragraph in it has made a lot of difference to me and changed my view of what happened, what might happen and what is.

This is the paragraph that changed my outlook on things today.

Whatever you are experiencing in the moment cannot be any better or worse; it is just the way it is. You have no access to the past or future to make a difference of the present. Why not surrender to what is? Let go of what-ifs, let go of judgements and over interpretations, let go of who you think you are supposed to be, how you think everything should work out, for all these things constrict the flow of Dao. Embrace who you are and whatever the situation is at this moment.

This is the full (short) article if you are interested in reading the entire thing

Master Helen Liang: The Meaning of Life and Embracing and Breathing the Dao

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
Surprised I haven't posted here yet, but because of the DIR limit..................

If I have even just a little sense,
I will walk on the main road and my only fear will be of straying from it.
Keeping to the main road is easy,
But people love to be sidetracked.

When the court is arrayed in splendor,
The fields are full of weeds,
And the granaries are bare.
Some wear are gorgeous clothes,
Carry sharp swords,
And indulge themselves with food and drink;
They have more possessions than they can use.
They are robber barons.
This is certainly not the way of Tao.