• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love Buddha

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I love Buddha :heart:

Do you love Buddha?

No. I don't know the guy personally to determine his character. He has very well thought of teachings (he and his disciples). But I feel there's a difference between "loving" his teachings and loving him. That last part sounds odd for any said to be wise person we never met in person.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes. For me, it is impossible to not love someone who gave up a comfortable life in order to find a way to end suffering for everybody. :)

I have a question. In Christianity having a relationship with Jesus is seen as though he were God. So, the relationship through scripture have to do with his spirit but flesh. So when someone says they love Jesus, it's not the person but who he is incarnated of.

The Buddha was human and not God (any type of spirit). From what I gather it's about practice but belief.

So, if one loves The Buddha's teachings and that changes the person I get. But it makes me think like Christians loving Christ when you say you love the Buddha and more so why.

-
Do you see The Buddha as a spirit or someone with whom the Buddha is incarnation of?

I don't know how one can love a human they haven't met but I can see God given it's experiential and teachings, but not the person.