• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love bears. We must preserve them

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's heartbreaking how these beautiful animals are more and more threatened by extinction.
Europe used to be filled with bears.
The Alps, Switzerland, Austria...bears everywhere.
The situation, as you can see is dramatic. The biggest populations remain in the Balkans, in Slovenian mountains, and in Eastern Europe...in Slovakia and the Carpathian area.

csm_baeren_en_d16ced5ce8.png

We need to do something.
I love bears ...they are like giant teddy bears...so fluffy and tender. ;)
And they are omnivores, they would rather eat cakes all day, than a steak. I can promise you that. ;)

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it would be sacrilege not to have an OP like this and not tag @Wu Wei, especially since he's clearly in the YouTube video.

That said, if memory serves, grizzlies are the only endangered species here in the States, currently at "threatened" status. Black and brown bears, last I checked, were listed under "least concern."

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That said, if memory serves, grizzlies are the only endangered species here in the States, currently at "threatened" status. Black and brown bears, last I checked, were listed under "least concern."
What is the behavior of these two species?

I know the Marsican bear is one of the most harmless on Earth.
They fear human presence...so it's impossible to even pet them.
A friend of mine even tried to reach them and pet them...but they flee at the speed of light.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
And they are omnivores, they would rather eat cakes all day, than a steak. I can promise you that. ;)

Here in the U.S., bears can be very dangerous. The most recent person killed by a bear was in July, near Yellowstone. Sometimes the attacks are unprovoked and sometimes people have put themselves in unnecessary danger and paid the price (Timothy Treadwell comes to mind). Humans have done their best to wipe out the natural world, and need to do whatever can be done to repair the damage, but there's nature out there that doesn't want to be petted, and I certainly don't want to pet a bear. Or a bison. Or a moose. Wild animals aren't pets, and yet that doesn't stop people from feeding them, which causes a lot of the problems with wild animals that later have to be put down because they're no longer afraid of humans.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's absolutely astonishing on how people think Bears are these fluffy friendly misunderstand animals.

Hint: they are not.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
It's absolutely astonishing on how people think Bears are these fluffy friendly misunderstand animals.

Hint: they are not.

I can't listen to that because I already know the story behind it and it gave me nightmares. I've had a bear encounter in the Sierra that was too close for comfort (mama bear and cub) and don't ever want another.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I think it would be sacrilege not to have an OP like this and not tag @Wu Wei, especially since he's clearly in the YouTube video.

Grizzly bears in the 48 contiguous states are currently protected as a threatened species. It is illegal to harm, harass or kill these bears, except in cases of self-defense or the defense of others. There are less than 1,500 grizzlies left in the lower 48 states and about 31,000 in Alaska.

Black bears and brown bears are not threatened

Polar bears are not classified as endangered at present, but that doesn't mean their populations aren't vulnerable.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's heartbreaking how these beautiful animals are more and more threatened by extinction.
Europe used to be filled with bears.
The Alps, Switzerland, Austria...bears everywhere.
The situation, as you can see is dramatic. The biggest populations remain in the Balkans, in Slovenian mountains, and in Eastern Europe...in Slovakia and the Carpathian area.

View attachment 82208
We need to do something.

Me, too. Bears are sacred, holy beings to me. The brown bear is my totem animal. They were widely worshipped by humans. I think we should go back to that. I would view being visited by a bear as a blessing from the Gods.