• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just learned I am a cannibal!

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Alright, not really.

Being this is my first Thanksgiving without meat, I was wondering what my fellow vegetarian and vegan posters eat for the holiday? I'm talking about the main course and also side courses. I can think of mashed potatoes, rolls, and cranberry sauce. Maybe cheese lasagna?

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
I get most of my recipes from books and online sources, so I can only offer up theirs. The Vegetarian Kitchen usually has some good stuff. Their Thanksgiving menu includes Butternut Squash, stew, and Pueblo Corn Pie (a casserole dish). I can only recommend the squash, as it's the only one I've tried.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
GeneCosta said:
Alright, not really.

Being this is my first Thanksgiving without meat, I was wondering what my fellow vegetarian and vegan posters eat for the holiday? I'm talking about the main course and also side courses. I can think of mashed potatoes, rolls, and cranberry sauce. Maybe cheese lasagna?

As a non-vegetarian, I think you need to go with the usuals and then decide a main course.

Mashed potatoes (good man putting the "e" on the end)
Cranberry sauce
Rolls
Greenbean casarole (easy to make and a staple of all Thanksgiving meals)
Pumpkin pie
Creamed corn

For the main course you need something filling as Turkey isn't what fills you, but it makes you sleepy. The side dishes are enough to make you full, but people want something for a main dish.

Since you don't eat turkey, I guess ostrich or emu you won't eat. Hmmm... Emu lasagna sounds good lest you like to net your own fish and doctor them up to a meal. The squash pie/stew is an interesting idea as is cheese lasgana. Whenever I've had vegetarians over, I serve cheese manicotti with zucchini. Maybe an eggplant lasagna or something would be a nice main course. They are easy to make, but manicotti is easier than lasagna.

If that is too much carbs for anybody, make a vegetable pot-pie. It is close to a turkey pot-pie, but has no meat. Easy enough to make with the pre made crust and your own recipe! Or go crazy and make a no-meat chili!!!! Spice up the holidays :p

----

GeneCosta said:
Alright, not really.

i love potatoes so i usually eat a lot of those

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
This'll actually be my first Thanksgiving as a vegetarian. I don't think it'll be too different from normal... I didn't eat a whole lot of meat at Thanksgiving to begin with since I dislike turkey. :) I imagine it'll probably involve green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet peas, corn, rolls, and maybe some fake chicken on the side if I'm in the mood.

Circle_One

There's a lot of recipes out there for tofu turkey and if you find use the right recipe, it's absolutely delicious!

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
GeneCosta said:
Alright, not really.

Sounds like a carbohydrate orgy. What, don't you eat veggies in your house? :p

I suggested a stuffed baked pumpkin in some other thread. Otherwise, there's always Tofurkey which you can buy in the stores.