• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a feeling that the afterlife doesn't exist

Massimo2002

I know religious people are absolutely convinced of some sort of afterlife but for me I am not convinced at all for me personally I feel like nothing will happen when I die now of course I don't know what happens but I just feel like nothing will happen anyway what are your thoughts on an afterlife ?

MonkeyFire

Life and time do not come from nothing. I really believe that there is an eternal deity who exist (beyond life) and creates life and time forever.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I know religious people are absolutely convinced of some sort of afterlife but for me I am not convinced at all for me personally I feel like nothing will happen when I die now of course I don't know what happens but I just feel like nothing will happen anyway what are your thoughts on an afterlife ?
Your living the afterlife right now.

You were dead before this life last I checked.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am absolutely certain that an afterlife exists although I don't claim to know what it will be like.
I believe it will be a spiritual world, not a physical one, and that we will have a spiritual body, not a physical body, but that is about all I know.
I believe there will be no time as we experience time in this world, and we will still have work to do. I am glad for that but I cannot imagine living forever and being bored!

“Those who have passed on through death, have a sphere of their own. It is not removed from ours; their work, the work of the Kingdom, is ours; but it is sanctified from what we call ‘time and place.’ Time with us is measured by the sun. When there is no more sunrise, and no more sunset, that kind of time does not exist for man. Those who have ascended have different attributes from those who are still on earth, yet there is no real separation.”
‘Abdu’l-Bahá in London, pp. 95-96

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Interesting.
Still I don't understand why the people who don't believe in an afterlife, make children.
What is the point of creating a ephemeral, finite existence?

Twilight Hue

I am just going to have to disagree with you there I don't think that I existed before I was born.
Your ego didn't , as well as mine ill give you that.

But....everything you are is entirely atoms and atoms fall apart and recombine continuously. None of it can be destroyed in any real sense.

You and me as well as anything else is actually timeless and those lights come on and off all the time under the right conditions.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It remains to be seen. People live by feelings. We feel things, and the feeling tells us what is true. We can try hard not to be this way, but most of us still are.

When I think about death I do wonder what happens sometimes, even though I have scientific education. I do not trust those, however, who tell me about afterlife. They sell books and tell grand stories about walking on golden bricks or how they have been in pools of fire. Its too easy to sell lies, too much money is made.

Twilight Hue

That's a very reincarnation view as I read it.
More like rebirth. @Massimo2002 isn't entirely wrong as I think the ego is the only thing that has a true death, and did not exist prior to one's conception and birth nor will survive death.

But the lights coming on and going off... that's another thing that I feel is imminent and unavoidable in what I suspect is an eternal continuum.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
My thoughts on an afterlife are that there is one and that there is also a spirit realm. I believe that there is an afterlife because I am a spiritualist and a veteran paranormal investigator with 16 1/2 years of personal experience researching and documenting paranormal phenomena. To be honest, I've had far too many personal experiences with what I perceive to be paranormal phenomena during my lifetime to ever doubt that there is an afterlife.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I don't go by feelings. I just don't see any evidence for an afterlife. Therefore, I think "I" will be the same after my death, as "I" was before my birth.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I simply accept that I don't know what will happen when I die. No one has convinced me that anyone does.
When I die, maybe I'll know then, or maybe not.

I remember 3 deaths I experienced from other lives. They feel very real to me. Yet I also know how capable our brain is of convincing us of things happening which never did.

Twilight Hue

I simply accept that I don't know what will happen when I die. No one has convinced me that anyone does.
When I die, maybe I'll know then, or maybe not.

I remember 3 deaths I experienced from other lives. They feel very real to me. Yet I also know how capable our brain is of convincing us of things happening which never did.
I know what happened after my death.

I was born to live here for a bit.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Nothing or how I like to think of it everlasting peace.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I remember 3 deaths I experienced from other lives. They feel very real to me.
How do you know it was "you"?
If we assume that there are paranormal phenomena like rebirth, we can as well assume something like mind reading and thoughts travelling in circles until they hit a perceptive brain. Maybe you "remember" the thoughts and feelings of someone else?
Do you remember anything between your deaths and your births? Many claim to remember previous lives, but nobody seems to remember something "in between". For me, that seems to make my scenario more plausible.