• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a feeling that the afterlife doesn't exist

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
admittedly that would be one acceptable scenario because of the dying brain but unfortunately some of these folks are already dead, have been for hours and then strangely come back to life with memories.
But perhaps they just weren't dead.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
admittedly that would be one acceptable scenario because of the dying brain but unfortunately some of these folks are already dead, have been for hours and then strangely come back to life with memories.
If they were actually dead, they would stay that way.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

But here's the thing about every case where someone "comes back to life": between the time when they had no brain activity and the time when they're able to share their thoughts and experiences, they always go through a period when they have lots of brain activity.

Ajax

Heaven, Hell and the AfterLife
And how does the writer of this article know all these details? Told by whom?
"I am told that there about 60 billion human souls in existence who can incarnate on earth and no more new human souls are being 'created' at the moment by the Creator. Out of these 60 billion currently about six and a half billion are in incarnation."

Last edited:

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
And how does the writer of this article know all these details? Told by whom?
"I am told that there about 60 billion human souls in existence who can incarnate on earth and no more new human souls are being 'created' at the moment by the Creator. Out of these 60 billion currently about six and a half billion are in incarnation."
That number is mentioned in multiple places. For instance, here: Ageless Wisdom

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
But here's the thing about every case where someone "comes back to life": between the time when they had no brain activity and the time when they're able to share their thoughts and experiences, they always go through a period when they have lots of brain activity.
doesn't matter. the brain isn't like a machine that retains information, or read only memory. electrical impulses are necessary

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes it is. When your dead, your dead.
science doesn't make absolute statements. again that isn't a scientific statement. the body maybe dead doesn't mean that the information isn't somewhere.

in fact, the no hiding theorem disputes that. basically that information can't be created/destroyed it just appears elsewhere.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I firmly believe in reincarnation because we know for a fact that there is a state of existence and none-existence. (Before birth, living, death)
Since we at some point didn't exist, then came to exist, only for us to die and not exist, then the logical conclusion would be that we will exist again.
That is what I believe.
For one thing after the original creation we do not hear of God creating beings again. Of course that is the null hypothesis. For all we know God could be creating new beings and not telling us.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I like to put it in the simplest terms. Basically it happened once , so there's no reason to think it can't happen again.
Are you referring to the resurrection of Lazarus and Jesus. Jesus is definitely a reincarnation since He left the body before death but Lazarus may have stayed with the body so technically not a reincarnation but more of a revival of life.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
doesn't matter. the brain isn't like a machine that retains information, or read only memory. electrical impulses are necessary
From the article I cited earlier:

In 2019, scientists at Yale University harvested the brains of pigs that had been decapitated in a commercial slaughterhouse four hours earlier. Then they perfused the brains for six hours with a special cocktail of drugs and synthetic blood. Astoundingly, some of the cells in the brains began to show metabolic activity again, and some of the synapses even began firing. The pigs’ brain scans didn’t show the widespread electrical activity that we typically associate with sentience or consciousness. But the fact that there was any activity at all suggests the frontiers of life may one day extend much, much farther into the realms of death than most scientists currently imagine.

And hence where 'death' is hardly a death-for-all parts of us occurrence perhaps.

Twilight Hue

Are you referring to the resurrection of Lazarus and Jesus. Jesus is definitely a reincarnation since He left the body before death but Lazarus may have stayed with the body so technically not a reincarnation but more of a revival of life.
I'm referring to rebirth. The rearranging of atoms into new lifeforms.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
From the article I cited earlier:

And hence where 'death' is hardly a death-for-all parts of us occurrence perhaps.
as stated the synapse, which involves electrical impulses is necessary to maintain the information.

simply because they can reinstate some minor semblance is not the same as the whole, or even previous knowledge

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
as stated the synapse, which involves electrical impulses is necessary to maintain the information.

simply because they can reinstate some minor semblance is not the same as the whole, or even previous knowledge
But we are talking about death. Isn't this about there being no possible way back, and where in the future we might revive more than we currently do? Given that before we had the technology to restart the heart most people died after a heart attack - where the heart couldn't be restarted. In the future we might have better ways of making sure nothing decays so as to be brought back fully. We put people in comas quite often these days so as to minimise damage, and this probably will be extended in some manner. But we still have much to learn of course.

Twilight Hue

I believe that is pure fantasy.
Ever see how atoms create molecules and molecules creates cells , and cells create life?

Watching the actual and factual process unfold in real life must make for some hellava 'fantasy' there.

Pray tell how that assessment works here?