• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate God but worship him constantly

Choose the best answer (be honest)

• I worship God but hate his guts

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I don't like God but don't hate him either. I still worship him

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I worship God because I love him

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I worship God because I don't want to be punished or go to hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't worship God

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If indeed God is omnipotent, that would make him guilty many of the crimes , confusion , and suffering in our world.

I just got really angry about it today is all.

This too shall pass!
Who says God is omipotent?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
So, I worship our sick depraved God to try to inspire him to be as nice to people as myself and so many others are. I try to teach him lessons and give him instructions on how to practice basic forms of charity rather than leave people tortured in this life and the next.
You gave me an idea! If we can change G_d’s behavior, it might help change His children’s behavior. Seriously.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Am I the only one here who worships a God that I hate? I pray on my face more than five times a day trying to surrender to God like a Muslim. I practice Salaat and I tithe more than 10% to beggars who show up at my door looking like lost puppies. I feel sorry for them. I do it because God says to. I do it to please our angry God who burns with wrath over "abominations" and burns people in hell for not adhering to his violent text and not believing in him.

God leaves 2 billion Christians believing in their violent text and 1.6 billion Muslims believing in their violent text. God could just speak up and no need for a violent text that contradicts itself. God is responsible for all the confusion. God is the reason pedophiles molest children because God refuses to give pedophiles healthy minds. God refuses to protect children. God could make pedophiles die innocent as babies.

God is the author of evil because he created the Devil, gives the devil access to manipulate our minds and stir up confusion, and refuses to give people understanding, causing division and bloodbaths over Doctrinal differences. If an antichrist reigns, it is because God wants him to.

Why worship such a jerk? Well, I feel maybe, just maybe if I worship God enough he will stop whining like an impetuous child and burning people in hell for something stupid like not believing in him. I feel maybe I can influence God's cold, barbaric, cruel, and merciless heart of stone, to actually show some compassion toward people and show some decorum and basic consideration for an agonizing human race.

Unlike God, I don't want my worst enemy to go to hell.

I feel sorry for and even love radical Islamic terrorists because they know nothing but fear, bigotry, and hate, and that is a terrible agony to be stuck in.

I've been there at times. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

God on the other hand puts people in hell for not believing correct Dogma. At least the Bible and Qur'an indicate that.

So, I worship our sick depraved God to try to inspire him to be as nice to people as myself and so many others are. I try to teach him lessons and give him instructions on how to practice basic forms of charity rather than leave people tortured in this life and the next.

Why do you worship God? What is your agenda?
And while you hate Him, He loves you, forgives you and gave you forgiveness through Jesus Christ.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
No, it is an attempt to try and convert God with kindness.
Well, if God is, as you say, indifferent and cruel, why would he care?
I think whether theists like to admit it or not, God is what you make of him (her, it, whatever.)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well, if God is, as you say, indifferent and cruel, why would he care?
I think whether theists like to admit it or not, God is what you make of him (her, it, whatever.)
I used to be hateful and cruel and I changed. Why can't God change?

God is either really weak and cannot change the world and help people, or God is a jerk, one or the other.

whirlingmerc

Am I the only one here who worships a God that I hate? I pray on my face more than five times a day trying to surrender to God like a Muslim. I practice Salaat and I tithe more than 10% to beggars who show up at my door looking like lost puppies. I feel sorry for them. I do it because God says to. I do it to please our angry God who burns with wrath over "abominations" and burns people in hell for not adhering to his violent text and not believing in him.

God leaves 2 billion Christians believing in their violent text and 1.6 billion Muslims believing in their violent text. God could just speak up and no need for a violent text that contradicts itself. God is responsible for all the confusion. God is the reason pedophiles molest children because God refuses to give pedophiles healthy minds. God refuses to protect children. God could make pedophiles die innocent as babies.

God is the author of evil because he created the Devil, gives the devil access to manipulate our minds and stir up confusion, and refuses to give people understanding, causing division and bloodbaths over Doctrinal differences. If an antichrist reigns, it is because God wants him to.

Why worship such a jerk? Well, I feel maybe, just maybe if I worship God enough he will stop whining like an impetuous child and burning people in hell for something stupid like not believing in him. I feel maybe I can influence God's cold, barbaric, cruel, and merciless heart of stone, to actually show some compassion toward people and show some decorum and basic consideration for an agonizing human race.

I feel sorry for and even love radical Islamic terrorists because they know nothing but fear, bigotry, and hate, and that is a terrible agony to be stuck in.

God on the other hand puts people in hell for not believing correct Dogma. At least the Bible and Qur'an indicate that.

You have a lot in common with Martin Luther when he tried to work his way to appease God

from 'the insanity of Luther by RC Sproul":
If we fix our minds on the holiness of God, the result might be disturbing. Martin Luther was one such man whose spirit was troubled by a deep knowledge of the character of God.

Love God? Sometimes I hate Him.” This is a strange quote to hear from the lips of a man as respected for his religious zeal as Luther. But he said it. He was noted for making outrageous statements. “Sometimes Christ seems to me nothing more than an angry judge who comes to me with a sword in His hand.” And, “To the gallows with Moses.”

Was Luther crazy?
FCA / Devotional: The Holiness of God - R.C. Sproul - Ch. 5 - The Insanity of Luther

Kenny

Premium Member

God is either really weak and cannot change the world and help people, or God is a jerk, one or the other.

There was a parable of the man of one talent who said "you reap where you do not sow". Not only was that not true, he was ungrateful for what God had given him.

It isn't God that needs to change.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member

If God is supposed to be a higher being than humans, then it stands to reason that God is above such concepts. God is neither, both, and either all at the same time. God does not work like humans do, God does not have human emotions, concepts or thoughts. God just is.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Who says God is omipotent?

A lot of people who believe in God say things like that. It's quite common to hear people say things like "God is all powerful," "God loves you," "God has a plan for you." It could be a load of malarkey (and it probably is), just like the statement "God exists."

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

Wow, you are more loving than God! Can I ask you to surrender all your possessions, then, since I know some people in need, and you love them more than God, who has turned his back on them...?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I recognize that I need God's help.

The problem is, God is a jerk and that's obvious.

Having sour feelings about someone isnt the same as hating the person. I dont hate my mother, but man! some of the things she says and does...

If anything, its part of growing in your faith. Its not easy but people do it all the time. Reading about the saints may help. Also, your peers and supporters can put things into perspective.

Depends on how you see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim

Kenny

Premium Member
Yes it is, I think. I think it is God that needs to change, and I think He will. In fact I think He already has started to change.
I prefer the viewpoint stated, "He changeth not" and "there is no shadow of variableness"

Last edited: