• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate God but worship him constantly

Choose the best answer (be honest)

• I worship God but hate his guts

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I don't like God but don't hate him either. I still worship him

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I worship God because I love him

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I worship God because I don't want to be punished or go to hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't worship God

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Catholicism was one of the first denominations. Jesus and his initial followers (including those who were not Jews) were not Catholics.

Knowing what is correct, or true, isn't dependent on Catholicism, or any other single group, or person. Think about what you're saying before you say it.
You should know what you're saying. the Christian Bible was not put together until the 4th century. it was the Roman Catholic Church that decided which Canon of scripture was to make up the New Testament Canon that you embrace.

So if you don't trust Church Authority, you should not trust your Bible either.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So, I worship our sick depraved God to try to inspire him to be as nice to people as myself and so many others are. I try to teach him lessons and give him instructions on how to practice basic forms of charity rather than leave people tortured in this life and the next.
brings to mind an old Twilight Zone episode...Billy Mumy in the lead role

a child with extreme will over immediate reality

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
You should know what you're saying. the Christian Bible was not put together until the 4th century. it was the Roman Catholic Church that decided which Canon of scripture was to make up the New Testament Canon that you embrace.

So if you don't trust Church Authority, you should not trust your Bible either.

I embrace what is evident. Not everything written in the Tanakh, or the New Testament is evident. There are several books and verses in the Bible, that contain ideas which are not evident, or which are contrary to evidence.

If I'm being generous- aside from Peter, (whom didn't self-identify as a Catholic), there were no Catholics who wrote anything whatsoever in the New Testament. There are also several Catholic Popes, saints, and other officials whom disagree with one another. So, this 'Church Authority' that you refer to isn't even indicative of Catholicism as a whole.

Segev Moran

Throughout the Bible God interferes with people's choices all the time.

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with fire and brimstone.

he could kill people like Adolf Hitler and pedophiles while they're still children and then they could die innocently and that would protect others as well.

People make a lot of bad choices because God leaves them blind and deaf.

if I had the ability to hear God and he told me not to start threads like this, I would not do it.

many people would make different choices if they could hear God telling them what to do.
In the bible it clearly says that god will not interfere directly with humans affairs after the arrival to Israel.

onlytruth

you are not responsible for the sins of others, i am not , and certainly god is not. god has given us a code of conduct to live by with free will. how is free will used for good or evil. thankfully god says there is a time that is coming where they are not going to allow evil to exist, it will of had its day. in that future he will wipe away the tears from their eyes, there will be no more death no more sorrow. till then we reap the rewards of our actions. how can we complain about the results of our own actions.