• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate God but worship him constantly

Choose the best answer (be honest)

• I worship God but hate his guts

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I don't like God but don't hate him either. I still worship him

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I worship God because I love him

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I worship God because I don't want to be punished or go to hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't worship God

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If he doesn't help me I'm screwed.

My purpose is to do his will, but he refuses to tell me what that is.

I'm hoping one day he will stop being a jerk and actually have some basic charity and decency.

Your purpose is to do the will of a jerk who created you for this purpose.
This same jerk refuses to tell you what the purpose is??

I dunno, mate...if it was me, I'd be trying to base my life philosophies on firmer ground. Maybe that would help you feel more stable. I'm not suggesting for a moment you should or shouldn't believe in God. But your current beliefs remain unconfirmed by God, and would indicate an illogical or cruel God if true.

In short, they lack utility.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Your purpose is to do the will of a jerk who created you for this purpose.
This same jerk refuses to tell you what the purpose is??

I dunno, mate...if it was me, I'd be trying to base my life philosophies on firmer ground. Maybe that would help you feel more stable. I'm not suggesting for a moment you should or shouldn't believe in God. But your current beliefs remain unconfirmed by God, and would indicate an illogical or cruel God if true.

In short, they lack utility.
I just hope that some way God will change his mind and quit being a jerk.

I also wish he would stop lying to people.

I want to help our sick sadistic God. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that someday he could have some decency.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I just hope that some way God will change his mind and quit being a jerk.

I also wish he would stop lying to people.

I want to help our sick sadistic God. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that someday he could have some decency.

Your God sounds small...infantile.
I'd suggest not worshipping him until he's worthy of it, or until you see him in a different light.

Worshipping someone who is cruel sounds more like an abusive domestic relationship than a healthy theology.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Your God sounds small...infantile.
I'd suggest not worshipping him until he's worthy of it, or until you see him in a different light.

Worshipping someone who is cruel sounds more like an abusive domestic relationship than a healthy theology.
what I'm interested more than anything in is for God to someday stop being a dishonest jerk off!

I dream of one day God waking up and not being such a narcissist.

I dream that God could change his mind about sending people to helI forever.

I dream of a God that has basic charity and decency.

Our current God is a selfish, savage, sadistic, apathetic piece of trash! It's all fun and games!

I want to get him to see what compassion is all about.

I have to give it my best shot! I can't just let him be such a dick and never speak up about it.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
what I'm interested more than anything in is for God to someday stop being a dishonest jerk off!

I dream of one day God waking up and not being such a narcissist.

I dream that God could change his mind about sending people to helI forever.

I dream of a God that has basic charity and decency.

Our current God is a selfish, savage, sadistic, apathetic piece of trash! It's all fun and games!

I want to get him to see what compassion is all about.

I have to give it my best shot! I can't just let him be such a dick and never speak up about it.

You have a strange idea of 'worship'...

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Why do you worship God? What is your agenda?
Christianity and Islam don't make sense to me.
Buddhism has quite a view things I like a lot
Sai Baba His Teachings I love and adore
No agenda, His way makes most sense

First time I saw Him I knew He was okay, but my ego did not want to surrender yet
Then after few years I surrendered because His Teachings makes the most sense
So no agenda. Then I became sick and doctors told me I was going to die
Sai Baba told me He would take care of me AND He did as He promissed
Then I did have an agenda for a few years [If I am nice He takes care]
Then He told me He took care also if I just love Him withouth agenda
So now I do not have an agenda anymore; just Love His Teachings

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You have a strange idea of 'worship'...
I want to rub God's nose in the s*** that he pulls, like a person who has to train their dog to behave.

I want God to experience the agony that he's causing so many people and have a taste of his own medicine.

I want to love and forgive God, but he needs to stop being so sadistic, so cruel, and such a rich narcissistic lazy pig with no compassion!

I try to be nice to God hoping that I can influence him in a positive way.

But as of now, God is a worst criminal than Adolf Hitler!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Christianity and Islam don't make sense to me.
Buddhism has quite a view things I like a lot
Sai Baba His Teachings I love and adore
No agenda, His way makes most sense
I'm sorry you have to read my rants. A wave of hatred for God just came over me today.

I hope it passes!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Any God who elicits hate or indeed fear in his followers is not worthy of worship.
I always had a hard time with theology vs reality. Moreso with the Abrahamic notions of love, good, evil and the consequences they entail. I also have a hard time with the Dharmic notions explaining suffering, to be fair.
Like the concept of Lila (or Divine play) painting God as more aloof and indifferent, on interfering when absolutely necessary. Like a yin yang interplay of the cosmos, I guess.
I'm not sure I can fully support the concept, though I should probably study the theological traditions behind it I guess.
All this rambling nonsense to say, maybe you need to explore other explanations for the cruelty of the world beyond the confines of the Abrahamic religions. If only to see if you can find something that causes less stress and hate for yourself. (Please note I'm not saying you should give up any of your current religious beliefs nor do you need to. Just saying, perhaps another perspective might allow you to better reconcile your relationship with whichever God you're currently worshipping.)

stvdv

I'm sorry you have to read my rants. A wave of hatred for God just came over me today.
I hope it passes!
Sai Baba once explained.
No need to say sorry, just don't do it again
People saying sorry is just an excuse to do it again
This was a big eye opener for me

Sai Baba gives the advice that if you have to rant, that you rant to Him, He can handle, because He Loves unconditional
Once I did rant at Sai Baba, crumbling even His pictures (some people consider that really `not done`)
Then Sai Baba came in my dream 3 times that night telling me "Swami loves you very much if you get very angry"
That is why I know God loves me unconditional; it's my personal experience. But I respect people chosing for a conditional God
Just not my preference. The unconditional version makes me much more happy, and much, much less guilt feeling (actually none)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Any God who elicits hate or indeed fear in his followers is not worthy of worship.
I always had a hard time with theology vs reality. Moreso with the Abrahamic notions of love, good, evil and the consequences they entail. I also have a hard time with the Dharmic notions explaining suffering, to be fair.
Like the concept of Lila (or Divine play) painting God as more aloof and indifferent, on interfering when absolutely necessary. Like a yin yang interplay of the cosmos, I guess.
I'm not sure I can fully support the concept, though I should probably study the theological traditions behind it I guess.
All this rambling nonsense to say, maybe you need to explore other explanations for the cruelty of the world beyond the confines of the Abrahamic religions. If only to see if you can find something that causes less stress and hate for yourself. (Please note I'm not saying you should give up any of your current religious beliefs nor do you need to. Just saying, perhaps another perspective might allow you to better reconcile your relationship with whichever God you're currently worshipping.)
If indeed God is omnipotent, that would make him guilty many of the crimes , confusion , and suffering in our world.

I just got really angry about it today is all.

This too shall pass!

stvdv

Do remember the story of Krishna and a man who scolded Krishna continuously
One day Krishna chopped of the man's head with his disc, the blooded head fell on Krishna's feet
All Hindus outraged now, because this meant this mean merged with Krishna (highest boon)
But Krishna replied calmly "Curse and Blame are for me the same, I do not judge"
And He continued "This man thought 24/7 of me, that's all that matters to me"

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I feel it is worthwhile to protest the crimes and despicable behavior of an omnipotent God.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do remember the story of Krishna and a man who scolded Krishna continuously
One day Krishna chopped of the man's head with his disc, the blooded head fell on Krishna's feet
All Hindus outraged now, because this meant this mean merged with Krishna (highest boon)
But Krishna replied calmly "Curse and Blame are for me the same, I do not judge"
And He continued "This man thought 24/7 of me, that's all that matters to me"
I hope he cuts off my head but I want it to be fast. Hopefully he is very good at cutting off heads .:D

stvdv

I hope he cuts off my head but I want it to be fast. Hopefully he is very good at cutting off heads .:D
I believe the man's mouth was still ranting while his head was falling down:D

Last edited:

stvdv

But you are too late. The Krishna Avatar is gone. Now there is only "God's ground personel doing that job". Some are very good in this. I saw recently on Google