• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't like the term seeker

tjgillies

I am a Buddhist.

An utterly atheistic and anti-theistic Buddhist, to be exact.
When it comes to the manifestations, I just have faith that Bahaullah knew what he was talking about. I understand that a large number of Buddhists are atheists and that logically opposes the view that Buddha was a manifestation of God.

I think the best we can do as bahais is find points of unity where we can agree and not focus on the parts we disagree since that is probably not very productive for either side :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
When it comes to the manifestations, I just have faith that Bahaullah knew what he was talking about. I understand that a large number of Buddhists are atheists and that logically opposes the view that Buddha was a manifestation of God.

That, far as I can tell, is indeed true.

I think the best we can do as bahais is find points of unity where we can agree and not focus on the parts we disagree since that is probably not very productive for either side :)

Again, fair enough.

I still wish you did not claim a connection to a faith that you so clearly fail to accept for what it is.

A honest disagreement would be far preferable as a basis of fruitful mutual understanding than a claim that both sides know to be wrong. I can't help but wonder what could have motivated it.

Last edited:

tjgillies

That, far as I can tell, is indeed true.

Again, fair enough.

I still wish you did not claim a connection to a faith that you so clearly fail to accept for what it is.
Bahais believe that Bahaullah was a manifestation of God. Meaning he had a direct line to God himself. Bahaullah says that Buddha is also a manifestation. Which means for us that God himself says Buddha is a manifestation. I understand you don't accept/believe this but it isn't personal. Our faith says that this is what God says.

Hopefully we can just agree to disagree :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Bahais believe that Bahaullah was a manifestation of God. Meaning he had a direct line to God himself. Bahaullah says that Buddha is also a manifestation. Which means for us that God himself says Buddha is a manifestation. I understand you don't accept/believe this but it isn't personal. Our faith says that this is what God says.

Hopefully we can just agree to disagree :)
I think it is by definition personal when people claim to know better about my beliefs than I do.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm sorry that you feel that way I truly do.

So am I.

I hate that my faith causes that.

I sympathise.

But its what I honestly believe God said so please don't hate me too much.
I do not hate you, nor your faith.

Heck, your precursor faith assures me that I am doomed to Hell due to my disbelief and I still do not hate it. It is simply far too obvious that most of you people are sincerely well-meaning.

I do however wish that it dared a little bit more. It would make it so much better.