• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Challenge YOU to a Battle of Hwits!

TurkeyOnRye

Yes, indeed! I am ready to take on anyone and possibly everyone in a linguistic match for self-righteousness. The winner is rewarded with a short-lived sense of accomplishment and added self-image, while the loser must face a new, strange world. :D

Just post here with a premise for debate, and the battle will be on!

Who is going to be the arbiter or rightlyness, or will it be a self adjudicated honor system ?

TurkeyOnRye

Who is going to be the arbiter or rightlyness, or will it be a self adjudicated honor system ?

No judges or anything like that. Judges are pointless, in my opinion. It will be based on who has influenced the other the most, and both participants know when they have been influenced. "Winning" and "losing" is an ambiguous technicality and the idea that "I can win" or "I can lose" is just a distraction to what's important, the debate itself.

Last edited:
Ok better not then, I am a fight to the death kinda gal, it would inevitably end with me having to hire someone to track you down and keel u, I look forward to it though :D

Oberon

A battle of wits? But you don't have any weapons! I can't fight an unarmed person, that wouldn't be fair...

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Just wanted to make sure the title was a typo instead of referring to gladatorial combat with some exotic Klingon weapon or somehting.......

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
yes, indeed! I am ready to take on anyone and possibly everyone in a linguistic match for self-righteousness. The winner is rewarded with a short-lived sense of accomplishment and added self-image, while the loser must face a new, strange world. :d

just post here with a premise for debate, and the battle will be on!

Fabricati diem, pvnc!!

A battle of wits,
to arms my servants

---/\
---||
---||
---||
---||
---||
=======
---||
---||
---(-)

TurkeyOnRye

Ok better not then, I am a fight to the death kinda gal, it would inevitably end with me having to hire someone to track you down and keel u, I look forward to it though :D

Great! Sounds like you've got some spunk. I choose you for this debate! So, then...where shall we start? God, capital punishment, abortion, politics, drug use, war...?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Yes, indeed! I am ready to take on anyone and possibly everyone in a linguistic match for self-righteousness. The winner is rewarded with a short-lived sense of accomplishment and added self-image, while the loser must face a new, strange world. :D

Just post here with a premise for debate, and the battle will be on!

Hey! I had a linguistic battle with a high school "friend" on facebook a few days before I went to Toronto. Well, to him it was a linguistic battle. I was just joking with him until he called me stupid. Then he threw a fit and wouldn't talk to me since I told him he acted like he knew everything and it wasn't a positive trait. Long story short, he's not my facebook friend anymore, and I very much hope he doesn't know where I live. O_O

Great! Sounds like you've got some spunk. I choose you for this debate! So, then...where shall we start? God, capital punishment, abortion, politics, drug use, war...?

Desperation must have made you hallucinate, because I distinctly remember declining to fight, while I am quite normal(ish) and sane(ish) and rational(ish) and open(ish) to the possibility that some of the things I currently believe are incorrect, I know that once I get into an adversarial mode I will argue up is down with ferocious righteousness and venomous zeal. Once in this state of mind I will not capitulate even (perhaps even especially) if I know I am wrong.I will happily bump the topic, but that is as far as it goes .

I hope you weren't serious about finding me and keeling me too. :(

Don't you know if you spell it keel it is only for funzies violence, not grrr violence. I would never pay someone to keel you, do you know how much that would cost, €5000 to have you shot and €2000 to have you stabbed, I would mucher rather get a fancy new laptop with all the keys, and an uncracked screen that I can actually take to airports. (humming if I were a rich man doobey doobey doobey doobey doobey dum)

TurkeyOnRye

Don't you know if you spell it keel it is only for funzies violence, not grrr violence. I would never pay someone to keel you, do you know how much that would cost, €5000 to have you shot and €2000 to have you stabbed, I would mucher rather get a fancy new laptop with all the keys, and an uncracked screen that I can actually take to airports. (humming if I were a rich man doobey doobey doobey doobey doobey dum)

Oh, thank god...

Could you get me a new laptop too while you're at it? Thanks a bunch, Monta!