• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Apologize

pearl

Hey, at 76, I still consider myself to be a "work in progress". :emojconfused:

Arenot we all in the process of becoming? You have taken the high road, my friend, that others do not have the graciousness to accept is not on you!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Just a short note as I will have little time of the next several days as I'll be on a res [no, I don't gamble], so thanks in advance for any further comments on this thread. I think I may be able to get on-line on Monday, so your peace may be short lived. :D

So, guard the fort without me and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But to do that knowing you were in the wrong is the first step
When someone has so many first steps,
& then abandons the path over & over,
it can leave on skeptical.
I don't want to discourage him, but I'd
caution him to put in more dedication
than in years past.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is no such thing (at least 99.999% of the time) as instant total reformation of a personality trait.
I'm not speaking of anything instant.
But repeated abandonment of the
goal should be avoided.
Pledge it...then stick to it.
I wish him success each time.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
When someone has so many first steps,
& then abandons the path over & over,
can leave on skeptical.
I don't want to discourage him, but I'd
caution him to put in more dedication
than in years past.

Forgiveness, especially on big things, often does require a certain vow to change your ways and to some extent, actually doing it. Whether forgiveness is granted on an individual level is up to the other person, though. So you're saying the consistency of his actions doesn't rise to being worthy of your forgiveness, then? In that case, either you happen to know a whole lot more about metis than me, for yourself to be wary.... or you're just kind of playing word games. Methinks.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Forgiveness, especially on big things, often does require a certain vow to change your ways and to some extent, actually doing it. Whether forgiveness is granted on an individual level is up to the other person, though. So you're saying the consistency of his actions doesn't rise to being worthy of your forgiveness, then? In that case, either you happen to know a whole lot more about metis than me, for yourself to be wary.... or you're just kind of playing word games. Methinks.
Nothing to forgive.
Just skeptical.