• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am thoroughly disgusted with Sean Connery

Bishka

Veteran Member
Moni_Gail said:
I just saw the video clip of this last evening. I recommend doing a search. Trust me, it's not difficult to find.

Becky, I don't care what time period it's in. It still shows a man's character. I find that to be disgusting and there's absolutely no excuse for it.

People change. You cannot tell me that you've never changed your views on something.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Moni_Gail said:
If you notice my post he reiterrated that very same sentiment in '93.

It's still been more then 10 years since he reiterated it.

Has there been anything since?

Has he actually hit a woman or caused bodily harm to one? It seems as if he hasn't, so why the big uproar, yes, it's something he said, but he is entitled to his opnions like the rest of us. As long as he does not hit a woman, I personally don't see a problem.

PureX

Veteran Member
Moon Woman said:
Are you saying that because a woman may be attracted to a (handsome / charismatic / whatever) strong - type of man, she probably digs getting slapped around?

Please don't go there. It's called sexism and only serves to embolden and legitimize misogyny.
Like it or not, there are women who enjoy the excitement of being with a man that they know COULD slap them, and is willing to express himself through violence if he deems it necessary. You may not be one of them, but they do exist, and their numbers are likely far greater than you think.

Moni_Gail

ELIGE MAGISTRUM
beckysoup61 said:
It's still been more then 10 years since he reiterated it.

Has there been anything since?

Has he actually hit a woman or caused bodily harm to one? It seems as if he hasn't, so why the big uproar, yes, it's something he said, but he is entitled to his opnions like the rest of us. As long as he does not hit a woman, I personally don't see a problem.

I clearly posted about his first wife's book in which she covers the abuse she suffered at this hands. She also filed reports on it.:sarcastic

Bishka

Veteran Member
Moni_Gail said:
I clearly posted about his first wife's book in which she covers the abuse she suffered at this hands. She also filed reports on it.:sarcastic

Well, I must have missed that. Pardon me. :rolleyes:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
PureX said:
But he has a point. There ARE women who really like that sort of man. And in fact, a lot of women idolize Sean Connery, and the "James Bond" (Mr. Dangerous) types.
If there are women who secretly (I cannot fathom a woman would admit this) like being hit....it's still important to condemn this behavior. I think Sean is an idiot for admiting he hits women and barbaric in that he has so little self control that he can't figure out another solution to such an emotional situation. What a sissy! To hit a woman (no matter how psycho she is at the time) when you are twice her weight and size is nothing short of cowardness to me.

Moni_Gail

ELIGE MAGISTRUM
Buttercup said:
If there are women who secretly (I cannot fathom a woman would admit this) like being hit....it's still important to condemn this behavior. I think Sean is an idiot for admiting he hits women and barbaric in that he has so little self control that he can't figure out another solution to such an emotional situation. What a sissy! To hit a woman (no matter how psycho she is at the time) when you are twice her weight and size is nothing short of cowardness to me.

:yes: Thank you.

standing_alone

Buttercup said:
To hit a woman (no matter how psycho she is at the time) when you are twice her weight and size is nothing short of cowardness to me.

It depends. Not all men are twice the weight and size of women, to nitpick for starters. :p If a woman is psychotic and he needs to restrain her for his (and perhaps, her) safety, I find that more excusable. However, if the man and woman are having a dispute and he hits her out of frustration, that is completely inexcusable. BUT ALSO if a man and woman were having a dispute and the woman hit the man, that also is completely inexcusable. Women should be no more allowed to hit men than men are allowed to hit women (I hope I phrased that the way I wanted to).

Buttercup

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
It depends. Not all men are twice the weight and size of women, to nitpick for starters. :p
Well, this is true but even if a man is the same size as you they are almost always stronger.
BUT ALSO if a man and woman were having a dispute and the woman hit the man, that also is completely inexcusable. Women should be no more allowed to hit men than men are allowed to hit women (I hope I phrased that the way I wanted to).
I agree with this point.

Bishka

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
It depends. Not all men are twice the weight and size of women, to nitpick for starters. :p If a woman is psychotic and he needs to restrain her for his (and perhaps, her) safety, I find that more excusable. However, if the man and woman are having a dispute and he hits her out of frustration, that is completely inexcusable. BUT ALSO if a man and woman were having a dispute and the woman hit the man, that also is completely inexcusable. Women should be no more allowed to hit men than men are allowed to hit women (I hope I phrased that the way I wanted to).

You say it so wonderfully Alyssa.:) These are my feelings exactly.

PureX

Veteran Member
I think it's interesting that no one has addressed one of Sean's (and my) point about some women finding it exciting to be with a man they know could hit them, or could use violence against others. I'm not saying they want to be hit. I'm saying they like the excitement of knowing that it could happen. I have seen this phenomena at work, and it's more prevalent than most women like to admit.

Bishka

Veteran Member
PureX said:
I think it's interesting that no one has addressed one of Sean's (and my) point about some women finding it exciting to be with a man they know could hit them, or could use violence against others. I'm not saying they want to be hit. I'm saying they like the excitement of knowing that it could happen. I have seen this phenomena at work, and it's more prevalent than most women like to admit.

Oh, I agree with you. ;)

Random

I would never hit a woman simply because its beneath me, but Connery has a point as has already been saud: nice guys finish last for some women, and some girls think prescisely because they are percieved as weaker and less decisive they can behave as though there is nothing moral or good expected of them.

I just laugh. If a man hits them, who cares right? He's being what they want them to be: a REAL man.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
PureX said:
Sure, I agree it's true....but what else is there to add? You surely can't assume every woman is like this. I know I'm certainly not.