• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am sceptical of the Skeptics. Is it wrong?

use_your_brain

No religion has proven to be objectively true. People just think their religion is true, but that's only subjective.
it is the problem, they MERELY THINK that their religion is true, in fact theirs is false. When we ask: do they have evidence, proof? or can they prove theirs is true? they cannot answer. They merely rely on faith, blind belief and as you said: think.

Aquitaine

use_your_brain said:
you are not skeptic but you are lazy. lazy to learn the religion.

So have you taken the time to meticulously study every other religion/belief system that humans have followed before coming to the conclusion that Islam is the one?

yes there are many religions, and only one true religion, it is mine.

Ah, how convenient, isn't it such a coincidence that so many theists from different faiths argue that only theirs' is the "one true faith"?

the response from the lazy man.

"My religion is true because I believe it, and all others are false" is about the laziest possible position one can take in relation to this topic, right next to the classic "My religion is true because its scripture says so".

EDIT: Totally called it!
I know my religion is true, this fact is backed by"
- holy book

use_your_brain

So have you taken the time to meticulously study every other religion/belief system that humans have followed before coming to the conclusion that Islam is the one?

Ah, how convenient, isn't it such a coincidence that so many theists from different faiths argue that only theirs' is the "one true faith"?

"My religion is true because I believe it, and all others are false" is about the laziest possible position one can take in relation to this topic, right next to the classic "My religion is true because its scripture says so".
I would become a Christian or a Buddhist or a Hindu if they were the true religions at least one able to prove they are true. PROOF is the keyword.

Aquitaine

I would become a Christian or a Buddhist or a Hindu if they were the true religions at least one able to prove they are true. PROOF is the keyword.
Evidence is required for anything.

Also, a Christian (for example) could use the same reasoning you cited. Honest question, were you born a Muslim?

use_your_brain

Evidence is required for anything.

Also, a Christian (for example) could use the same reasoning you cited. Honest question, were you born a Muslim?
I SAID, I WOULD BECOME A CHRISTIAN IF one able to provide a proof that Christianity is a true religion. I don't care the way they provide the proof either from scripture or any something else . Yes I was born a Muslim.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
it is the problem, they MERELY THINK that their religion is true, in fact theirs is false. When we ask: do they have evidence, proof? or can they prove theirs is true? they cannot answer. They merely rely on faith, blind belief and as you said: think.
Yours is no different.