• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Am Rival

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
And I need to rant.

I am a female. I have a vagina. Breasts. Yep.

I also have underarm hair, leg hair and pubic hair. I never wear makeup. I don't pluck my eyebrows. In short, I'm a natural female. I am straight, never been attracted to a girl in my life, only ever men.

So why am I accused of being a lesbian, disgusting., man-woman, filthy, &c.

IT IS HUMAN TO HAVE BODY HAIR, NOT EXCLUSIVELY MASCULINE!

Why do humans hate it so much?

And it's not just women - men shave too! I prefer a guy with his body hair intact, including some facial hair. Because it's normal. Natural. The way God made us.

Why do humans always do these superficial things? Try to make themselves "better", by destroying themselves?

And, let's be honest, it is purely sexual. Not shaving is not unhygienic. If it were we wouldn't have body hair. We do these stupid things to make people sexually attracted to us, but I am not a whore and if a man is attracted to me, it will be looking forwards to marriage and children, not just sex. Lust is a disgusting thing which destroys people. I am not going to turn myself into an object of lust for men (and women?!) to stare at.

Rival out.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
And I need to rant.

I am a female. I have a vagina. Breasts. Yep.

I also have underarm hair, leg hair and pubic hair. I never wear makeup. I don't pluck my eyebrows. In short, I'm a natural female. I am straight, never been attracted to a girl in my life, only ever men.

IT IS HUMAN TO HAVE BODY HAIR, NOT EXCLUSIVELY MASCULINE!

Why do humans hate it so much?

And it's not just women - men shave too! I prefer a guy with his body hair intact, including some facial hair. Because it's normal. Natural. The way God made us.

Why do humans always do these superficial things? Try to make themselves "better", by destroying themselves?

And, let's be honest, it is purely sexual. Not shaving is not unhygienic. If it were we wouldn't have body hair. We do these stupid things to make people sexually attracted to us, but I am not a whore and if a man is attracted to me, it will be looking forwards to marriage and children, not just sex. Lust is a disgusting thing which destroys people. I am not going to turn myself into an object of lust for men (and women?!) to stare at.

Rival out.
I am sorry people are such utter dicks & *****(whoa, I thought this would censor. To any mod, is this the censor thing going wrong or has a rule changed? I'm not trying to circumvent it or anything) to you, dear. I personally dislike bodyhair, but not just on women, but on myself and men as well. But I don't hate it, I just personally find it unattractive

Brickjectivity

System Override
Staff member
Premium Member
Its not really an attack against just your sexuality or gender. Its an attempt to define you and limit you, something men do naturally. Nature wants to turn humanity back to slavery and mastery and our own nature fights against us. It begins with men and women, and it is as natural as sliding downhill for succeeding generations to slide backwards into barbarism. What you are experiencing is very natural, so let it be a warning and encouragement to believe in freedom and to be as educated and capable as you can and pass that on.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Sex is determined by nature. Sexuality, for better or worse, is mostly determined by culture.

HonestJoe

You should be of course but to be fair, throughout your post you've implied that people who do these things are; not human; not normal; not natural; against God; superficial; whores; objects of lust.

Anyone who is different will often get picked out. That is a human characteristic but it works all ways - we're all different in one way or another. Letting it get to you is the worst thing you can do.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You should be of course but to be fair, throughout your post you've implied that people who do these things are; not human; not normal; not natural; against God; superficial; whores; objects of lust.

Anyone who is different will often get picked out. That is a human characteristic but it works all ways - we're all different in one way or another. Letting it get to you is the worst thing you can do.

I should be what?

I just don't like the way human beings do this to themselves. I find it sad how they have rejected themselves and think they need to cover their faces up to be pretty, do this, do that. Beauty is subjective, very subjective, and furthermore it is not the only thing in life that matters. Girls especially treat themselves as if their body is the only thing worth making attractive, rather than their character or personality, and they spend so much time grooming, it comes across superficial and shallow. I am just saying that I am happy with the way I look, and I wish more folks, especially girls, would be content with their bodies, rather than becoming, say, dangerously thin, or putting toxic stuff on their faces.

Girls are fine the way they are. It's just so upsetting to see them going to these lengths to try to make themselves "better" as if there were something wrong to begin with.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, cultural norms. How we all love-hate you.

Learn to ride the current best you can, sister. I hear ya.

HonestJoe

I should be what?
Sorry, that was a typo. You shouldn't be accused of the various things your listed. You shouldn't be attacked or insulted for your choices at all, though nor should you attack and insult others for theirs.

Deidre

You’re your own person, Rival. That’s awesome!

I wax however. :p I’ve become a herd follower in this regard.

Jumi

Most of us have to compromise our looks no matter what society we find ourselves in.

Kirran

Premium Member
I'd advise basically not bothering with looking like people want you to look. Very unhelpful on the spiritual path. Of course, there is the societal expectation for one to do so. But you can leave that behind.

Tengri

Rival, Tengri bless you.

But you speak so "fatalistic"

Yeah Tengri (God) created us with something. True, but Tengri gave us a "chance to choose"

You wear clothes, right? Why don't you walk nude? Be "natural".

If you born as poor, so live poor (because God made it) If you born ugly, don't waste your money just be ugly, If you born blind, live blind don't waste your money and time with science and surgery.

No,... no Rival. I don't agree you.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Rival, Tengri bless you.

But you speak so "fatalistic"

Yeah Tengri (God) created us with something. True, but Tengri gave us a "chance to choose"

You wear clothes, right? Why don't you walk nude? Be "natural".

If you born as poor, so live poor (because God made it) If you born ugly, don't waste your money just be ugly, If you born blind, live blind don't waste your money and time with science and surgery.

No,... no Rival. I don't agree you.

These things, blindness, poverty and so on are "faults", they are aberrations and can be fixed. Having body hair and being "ugly" are not "faults" or things to be corrected. They are the body how the body is supposed to be, not aberrations needing to be fixed, such as blindness, which are detrimental to our wellbeing. Having body hair or not wearing makeup does not harm us in any way. It is more harmful to wear makeup than not to.

We wear clothes to protect us from the elements outside, but in my own home, no, I can't say I wear clothes all the time and I do prefer not to.

Tengri

These things, blindness, poverty and so on are "faults", they are aberrations and can be fixed. Having body hair and being "ugly" are not "faults" or things to be corrected. They are the body how the body is supposed to be, not aberrations needing to be fixed, such as blindness, which are detrimental to our wellbeing. Having body hair or not wearing makeup does not harm us in any way. It is more harmful to wear makeup than not to.

We wear clothes to protect us from the elements outside, but in my own home, no, I can't say I wear clothes all the time and I do prefer not to.

We do have an aesthetic perception, right?

Not just for human, even some of animals look beautiful to us and some of them looks ugly and repellent.

Some of buildings are magnificent, some of them are sloppy.

Clothes are not armors you know. We wear it just for beauty.

And clothes have a soul, meanings. Because we give this soul and meaning to them. And hair etc has a soul and meaning, and we give this them too.

Blonde hair, short hair, long hair, hairy man and clean man; they all have different effects on us.

Being "aesthetic" is important. Shaving is not killing yourself.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
We do have an aesthetic perception, right?

Not just for human, even some of animals look beautiful to us and some of them looks ugly and repellent.

Some of buildings are magnificent, some of them are sloppy.

Clothes are not armors you know. We wear it just for beauty.

And clothes have a soul, meanings. Because we give this soul and meaning to them. And hair etc has a soul and meaning, and we give this them too.

Blonde hair, short hair, long hair, hairy man and clean man; they all have different effects on us.

Being "aesthetic" is important. Shaving is not killing yourself.

Being aesthetic is not half as important as being a good person and being happy with oneself. I feel happy in my own skin and I am not changing because others do not find me attractive. I would rather be known as modest, shy, bashful, kind, caring, sweet and lovely than as a girl who uses her looks to be where she wants.

It's also a cultural perception. I personally find dark eyed, olive skinned, dark-haired Mediterranean men the most attractive, but I do not insist that all men ought to dye their hair black, tan and wear dark contacts, this would be ridiculous. I have preferences too and my own version of what "aesthetic" and "beautiful" is, and it includes being the way I am and not needing to try to improve upon myself.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Also, yes, some buildings look pretty while others look not so pretty. I really do not care as long as they are functional. Does it do its job? Yes. Well then there is no problem.

There is this infantile idea that

Pretty people = good people
Ugly people = bad people

And this is quite frankly disgusting.

Tengri

I see. Of course if the topic is just about yourself, you are free!

If you are happy with your beard, of course go on with it.

But please don't make this choise contacted with God. This is what I don't agree. (Those hairs are God's, why I cut it?)

I just wonder, do you cut your nails? They are getting growth, (God makes it) And I believe that you don't cut them. Because it is natural. Correct?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I see. Of course if the topic is just about yourself, you are free!

If you are happy with your beard, of course go on with it.

But please don't make this choise contacted with God. This is what I don't agree. (Those hairs are God's, why I cut it?)

I just wonder, do you cut your nails? They are getting growth, (God makes it) And I believe that you don't cut them. Because it is natural. Correct?

I don't cut them, I work and they stay short naturally. Or they rip off. I never intentionally cut them.

Also I'm female I don't have a beard, thanks.

Stop threatening to derail my thread.

Brickjectivity

System Override
Staff member
Premium Member
There are good reasons to dress well and keep clean etc. Its not merely to fit in. Dressing up does not have to be a compromise, and that is when you are dressing out of respect for other people and out of respect for yourself. It still makes you feel good and isn't totally unselfish. Its impossible to live with pure motives, but you can have good motives. I wish that I had learned earlier to keep a nice wardrobe etc. I was not arguing against looking good.