• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Am Most Moved By The Following:

The Following Creative Activity Moves Me the Most

• Writing

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Music

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Dance

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Media arts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else. Please explain

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Skwim

Veteran Member
Considering those creative activities that profoundly affect us; writing; music; dance; and the media arts, "painting" and sculpture, which one moves you the most? And please don't focus on any particular piece of work, but take each category as a whole. Think of yourself engaged in each; reading, listening, watching, and beholding.

Jumi

Writing, dance and music are all a really close contest for me. Writing and music helped me through really bad times, dance helps me avoid those bad times.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Painting and drawing. They had a loaned work of Picasso on display at the Art Museum in my area several years ago.

I got the privilege of seeing it up extremely close. Enough to see each of the brushstrokes.

It was a very haunting experience.

Twilight Hue

Painting and drawing. They had a loaned work of Picasso on display at the Art Museum in my area several years ago.

I got the privilege of seeing it up extremely close. Enough to see each of the brushstrokes.

It was a very haunting experience.

I also enjoy storytelling and animation. It's my wish to get a couple of books published before I die.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I tend to avoid writing (serious writing) because i find it so difficult, my education came late and words can leave me scratching my head.

I love music of various genres unfortunately i am tone deaf and even my cats complain when i sing along to something i like.

I would love to be able to dance, the Argentine Tango really moves me but again there are problems. I was born with a slight spina bifida which causes restricted flexibility in my spine, i dance like a drunken robot.

Media arts, not quite, but close. I consider myself an artist, i earned my living producing CG art for business, industry, science and government. Does it move me? It did 30 years ago, not any more, it became something that must be done.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I tend to be more drawn to what is being portrayed/featured than the medium itself (hence my collection of dark, somber, violent, bloody, ****ed up art that spans pictures, music, literature, video, and sculptures). The songs of Cradle of Filth are dark and chilling. The paintings of Giger are nightmarish and terrifying. Dante's "Inferno" is perhaps the worst fate for anyone ever conceived, and Lovecraft descended the depths of human imagination to call out terrors beyond imagination that lurk deep below and far beyond, but are always nearby. And of course Happy Tree Friends is such a delightful gory mess. :D

Music without a doubt for me. It can evoke the strongest of emotions, and time and the outside world does not exist, just the moment. It can also heal by allowing suppressed emotions out when you are 'stuck'. I'm sure the same can be said of every option when it resonates with the individual, just depends what you can connect with.

Twilight Hue

I just cannot stop writing: it clears the mind of all delusions - eventually.:)
It's always a great joy to share the world you see in your mind on paper or on some type of medium. That's the joy and beauty of the Arts.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Dance and Music combined. Interpreted dance without music is bad, tap is OK and music without dance does not inspire me as much as dance with music.

Curious George

Veteran Member
That is tough. They all hit different spots. Probably cinema.

But lacking cinema, writing. Though music and photography are pretty close.

Do you count video games in "media arts?"

Yerda

Veteran Member
Music is the art form I feel most comfortable with. I enjoy many books and films but I'm not as aware of what's going on and how I'm being moved as I am with music.

I love dancing but I don't think anyone else is as keen on my enthusiatic shuffle. :D