• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Am Guilty

Kapalika

Premium Member
I can't imagine that animals feel guilty. Perhaps they can be reprimanded by their owners not to do something, but guilt? Nah I don't think so.

It's hard to know without any way of asking them, but there are instances of dogs and some other animals acting "guilty". I'm sure there has been some kind of studies done with more social animals that might show up in an internet search.

Story time: 6 years ago, before he passed, my dog got into something and I commanded him to get out from under the table, he didn't. I then reached to get his collar and I accidentally pulled at a weird angle that must of hurt because he then bit me.

When he let go I was dead quiet, looked at my hand (now with a gaping hole) and I saw him with the biggest eyes ever and ears down, and he just put his head low and walked away. If that wasn't guilt I don't know what is, since that was not a particularly submissive dog.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
and if your speech offends heaven
will heaven hold you as ….quilty

and then respond after your last breath

(giving time to repent your speech)

Or perhaps whatever "heaven" is wouldn't be petty and vindictive but would rather be governed by understanding and compassion?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Or perhaps whatever "heaven" is wouldn't be petty and vindictive but would rather be governed by understanding and compassion?
hmmm.....a fine line
over laid with heavy brushing

you might do well in the over all
you might stand confident as you raise your hand to knock on the Door

but They will look you over

and maybe They won't keep you
for cause of some little thing you did not think important

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I just posted the words in another thread
and immediately the statement went several directions in my thoughts

what am I guilty of?

believing in God....though not having religion

is that a bad thing?

no, no it isn't

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Contradiction believing in God is a religious belief.
I loosely define religion as a collection of
statements held by congregation as true...but typically not proven
such is dogma

along with having methods of prayer and ritual
ceremonial events

I don't have a dogmatic faith
I don't hang around congregations
I have no prayer rug
no beads to count recitals
no hat for my head

having faith does not default the word religion

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I can't imagine that animals feel guilty. Perhaps they can be reprimanded by their owners not to do something, but guilt? Nah I don't think so.

Ok? I didn't mention anything about animals. This doesn't connect to my comment st all.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

what am I guilty of?

is that a bad thing?
I think it's a personal thing. You really don't need religion for that.

Guilt sucks anyways. If there's any kind of emotion that would be considered a racket, that's the one.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think it's a personal thing. You really don't need religion for that.

Guilt sucks anyways. If there's any kind of emotion that would be considered a racket, that's the one.
and I shall digress a bit more

I don't think Adam and Eve were guilty
it was a test
they passed
and we....so far removed.....have framed the innocent

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I loosely define religion as a collection of
statements held by congregation as true...but typically not proven
such is dogma.

along with having methods of prayer and ritual
ceremonial events.

This is only self defined use of the word. Religion is not a stone to throw at others who believe differently

You believe in God. Do you believe in Jesus Chris?. Do you believe in the Trinity? Do believe in the Bible?

I don't have a dogmatic faith
I don't hang around congregations
I have no prayer rug
no beads to count recitals
no hat for my head

having faith does not default the word religion

No, they are not clearly separated to justify one belief over another.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
It's hard to know without any way of asking them, but there are instances of dogs and some other animals acting "guilty". I'm sure there has been some kind of studies done with more social animals that might show up in an internet search.

Story time: 6 years ago, before he passed, my dog got into something and I commanded him to get out from under the table, he didn't. I then reached to get his collar and I accidentally pulled at a weird angle that must of hurt because he then bit me.

When he let go I was dead quiet, looked at my hand (now with a gaping hole) and I saw him with the biggest eyes ever and ears down, and he just put his head low and walked away. If that wasn't guilt I don't know what is, since that was not a particularly submissive dog.
We can all imagine. But I have a feeling that our possible guilt (I mean there may be true sociopaths who feel no guilt or shame for anything they have done) is quite different from any (and I mean any) animal feeling remorse or guilt. But as you say, I haven't had much conversation with animals to examine their psyche, assuming it would tell me anyway. :)
So, with all that in mind, have a great day!

what am I guilty of?

is that a bad thing?

Why would it be a bad thing? I don’t see any reason to believe so. And by what the Bible tells it is not wrong. Also, in Bible, the question is more about, are you righteous or not, because eternal life is promised for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

what am I guilty of?

is that a bad thing?

Depends, you may or may not be, depending on how much you reflecting on it and researching over it.

BibleTales001

Only seeking truth

what am I guilty of?

is that a bad thing?
That can be a blessing. Everything we need to know about this life and the next is in the bible. You can't profit from the truth that's why you won't openly hear it. Any religion that charges you money or can't back up what they teach from the bible isn't from God.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
hmmm.....a fine line
over laid with heavy brushing

you might do well in the over all
you might stand confident as you raise your hand to knock on the Door

but They will look you over

and maybe They won't keep you
for cause of some little thing you did not think important

Then it would end something like this: