• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Am Guilty

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I see I am not the only one considering the conflict
good vs evil

this vid you offer holds one idea I don't lean to
that God can be separated from His power

What kind of man would god be (as you perceive/portray him) without his power? Would he be rational, compassionate, honest, and honorable, or would be be an infantile sociopath?

I'm innocent. Infantile psychopath, which is what happens when you feel no pain and can reverse everything you do or try as if you never did it or tried it. Nothing matters then or has any gravitas, you can do it, undo it, re-do it, make it like it never was or always was or just happened or was long ago and on and on. With that sort of total power and freedom nothing but a maniac God is possible.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Your examples would indeed be hypocrisy, because they have tenets, dogma, principles, etc. They make assertions about the nature and will of god, presume to represent god, etc.
Merely believing in god in and of itself however can't be a religion without an actual belief system or structure. Calling theism by itself a religion is as silly as calling atheism a religion. There is no practice. And what would that make agnosticism? Simultaneously a religion yet not?

We will have to agree to disagree on this and it is been the subject of several threads. You do not have to belong to a group to have a religion. It may be vaguely possible for someone to have a belief, but not a religion, but everyone I have ever discussed this with describes a system of belief principles, tenants, and in many beliefs prayer that they share.

I do not consider Theism or any other 'ism a religion in and of itself, but from an individual or organisation perspective it is a very foolish egocentric notion that belief in God is all there is. As with the @Thief he has presented beliefs that go beyond simply a belief in God in this forum, which amounts to a system of belief on the individual level. and likely a group with others who share his belief.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I have one belief
it has no dogma

maybe it would help to realize......I am not yours to define

Of course not, I would never try to define your belief, but you have expressed tenants, beliefs, and principles that define your belief system, but dodged and failed to answer the questions.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
We will have to agree to disagree on this and it is been the subject of several threads. You do not have to belong to a group to have a religion. It may be vaguely possible for someone to have a belief, but not a religion, but everyone I have ever discussed this with describes a system of belief principles, tenants, and in many beliefs prayer that they share.

I do not consider Theism or any other 'ism a religion in and of itself, but from an individual or organisation perspective it is a very foolish egocentric notion that belief in God is all there is. As with the @Thief he has presented beliefs that go beyond simply a belief in God in this forum, which amounts to a system of belief on the individual level. and likely a group with others who share his belief.
As far as Thief's beliefs go, definitely religious despite any claims to the contrary.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Of course not, I would never try to define your belief, but you have expressed tenants, beliefs, and principles that define your belief system, but dodged and failed to answer the questions.
belief is not enough to call religion

Muffled

Jesus in me
I just posted the words in another thread
and immediately the statement went several directions in my thoughts

what am I guilty of?

believing in God....though not having religion

is that a bad thing?

I believe it is not a bad thing but it doesn't get you very far.

Muffled

Jesus in me
and more to point

isn't guilt...
anything held against you by someone else?

that something may not be your fault

I believe guilt is based upon law. If someone else holds it against you it is not guilt because that person isn't a law giver. However Jesus says we should try to reconcile with the person. Understandably that isn't always possible.

Muffled

Jesus in me
and if your speech offends heaven
will heaven hold you as ….quilty

and then respond after your last breath

(giving time to repent your speech)

I believe for the Christian "there is no more condemnation." Rom 8:1.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I believe guilt is based upon law. If someone else holds it against you it is not guilt because that person isn't a law giver. However Jesus says we should try to reconcile with the person. Understandably that isn't always possible.

I believe for the Christian "there is no more condemnation." Rom 8:1.

not buying that
most of what we think and feel is not covered under written law

a great many things can be held against you....
by the people who were disappointed in some way

and it was Jesus who said......
Go....reconcile with your brother
Then bring your offering to God