• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Am Christ!

The title of this thread, ‘I am Christ’, although sounding like the rant of a deluded mind, is in fact, a profound notion. A notion that has the power to end wars, famine, inequality and the manipulation, which has been the cornerstone of both religion and politics. This philosophy, which I have termed‘I am Christ’, is not of my own contrivance, but dates back to a time before the alleged advent of Christ himself. Philosophers like Socrates and Plato propagated this ancient idea, along with more modern scholars like, Jiddu Krishnamurti, Carl Gustav Jung, Wilhelm Reich, Albert Einstein and the late professor of mythology at Princeton University, Joseph Campbell, to name just a few.

Although it is an exceptionally useful way of thinking, it is frightening to those malign shepherds who have been at the helm of the sinking ship of humanity, since time immemorial. As a result of the threat posed by this idea, the heads of both religion and politics have released a virus into the minds of the many. In so doing, they have ensured that this philosophy is denied the opportunity to take root amongst the masses. This virus has continued to ensure our masters' ill-gotten power over us. We have given this virus the harmless and innocent name,‘belief.’ Yet, it is far from harmless and has been the favored tool of the malevolent in fomenting disorder and chaos amongst an otherwise intelligent species. Should we be freed from this cognitive prison, the balance of power between the masses and the elites would shift, toppling the naked emperors that have subjugated humanity since the deliberate spread of this mental and emotional plague!

elmarna

While I would never see myself or my service as "the sheepard".
I would rather catagorize myself and my service as - " a german sheepard."
In the understanding your opinion carries with it a thought and philosophy considering we all can strive and become the very enpowerment of him...
I realize many feel he was god in the flesh.
While I do not believe this of jesus(pbuh). I do express that God is the sheepard and I a humble servent to him and his will able to support him and listen with the same means to a ends to be found.
If you remove the belief that christ was god- I can agree to how you see.
Prophets are very much in a state of being ,that, if we live life in the total devotion and diciplines of which God sees most highly we can obtain this connection and relationship as well!
I am the german sheepard. I am devoted ,loyal, and will listen. Never a prophet, but very much in the service and understanding (for the most part) to the sheepard and the flock.

While I would never see myself or my service as "the sheepard".
I would rather catagorize myself and my service as - " a german sheepard."
In the understanding your opinion carries with it a thought and philosophy considering we all can strive and become the very enpowerment of him...
I realize many feel he was god in the flesh.
While I do not believe this of jesus(pbuh). I do express that God is the sheepard and I a humble servent to him and his will able to support him and listen with the same means to a ends to be found.
If you remove the belief that christ was god- I can agree to how you see.
Prophets are very much in a state of being ,that, if we live life in the total devotion and diciplines of which God sees most highly we can obtain this connection and relationship as well!
I am the german sheepard. I am devoted ,loyal, and will listen. Never a prophet, but very much in the service and understanding (for the most part) to the sheepard and the flock.

Sorry, I think my initial post may have been misleading in some respects, allow me to elaborate;

. In a nutshell, the “I am Christ philosophy” describes a way thinking, independent from the belief system. It symbolizes a kind of cognitive freedom, a freedom which enables the individual to stand on their own feet and travel free, without the leading strings of belief imposing masters. It enunciates a type of holistic thinking and being, or unified consciousness described by Jung as individuation. Most importantly, it represents true mental freedom! Although it is a useful and constructive way of thinking, it is frightening to those malign marshals who have been at the helm of the sinking ship of humanity, since time immemorial. As a result of the threatening nature of this type of philosophy, the heads of both religion and politics have released a virus into the minds of the many, ensuring that such a “dangerous notion” is denied the opportunity to take root amongst the meek, by turning people into dependent, self-policing heresy hunters. This virus is the one thing which has continued to safeguard our master’s ill-gotten power over us, a virus which we have affectionately called ‘belief’ and have emphatically embraced to the detriment of our species as a whole. Should we be freed from the suffocating grip of this cognitive oppression, the balance of power between the multitude and our warders would shift; toppling the naked emperors that have subjugated humanity by the deliberate spread of this mental and emotional plague.

I do not believe in a physical Jesus Christ, all though I do not discount the posibility that a man by the name of Yeshua whom the myth has been based on, lived, it is a possibility! But we do not know for sure!

It is beside the point anyway!

Thank you for your reply, your attention was appreciated!

elmarna

Thinking "outside the box" is not without it's merits.
The very aspects of doing so is the cause of so many diverse "ways" of looking toward life.
I am not here to argue. I do belive (since I was not there at the time) and not calling it a truth -that , Jesus did in the words of the bible employ free thinking that captured concepts alien and some against the formal religion at that time. I am not sure where you wish to place me in your thinking. I do realize that my "beliefs are manufactured be the concepts I turn to in the idea that the pbjectivity is a good way to see. More from how I feel and a good way to live than what I am told to think. The challenge of beliefs frees us from a world not able to evolve a better society and let's us improve upon a great way to live!
This has been a wonderful thread.
I enjoyed posting on it!

Thinking "outside the box" is not without it's merits.
The very aspects of doing so is the cause of so many diverse "ways" of looking toward life.
I am not here to argue. I do belive (since I was not there at the time) and not calling it a truth -that , Jesus did in the words of the bible employ free thinking that captured concepts alien and some against the formal religion at that time. I am not sure where you wish to place me in your thinking. I do realize that my "beliefs are manufactured be the concepts I turn to in the idea that the pbjectivity is a good way to see. More from how I feel and a good way to live than what I am told to think. The challenge of beliefs frees us from a world not able to evolve a better society and let's us improve upon a great way to live!
This has been a wonderful thread.
I enjoyed posting on it!

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your imput!

blackout

Violet.
This is my preferred understanding of Christ"I"anity.

I came to this on my own
after "realizing my way" out of mainstream doctrinal christianity.

My focus on the Kingdom teachings
attributed to the 'Christ figure' Yeshua
(Red letter approach)
brought me into this Self Realization,
that the kingdom is Now,
In the Midst of Us,
and that we are all to be "One" with Godhood
(as the NT Christ Figure/I'con prayed we would all be)
and that the only thing necessary really
is the Initiatory Act(ion) of "Taking hold of one's inheritance".
or... simply living out one's Own Christhood
because it's always there,
in the midst of you...
to be lived out... fulfilled..
and... why not then?

As Above, is Below.

Of course, what percentage of IN'Doctrinated Christians
would even take 10 minutes to consider this (possibility) seriously?
It is HERESY! after all. :shrug:

So I ditched the label "Christian" altogether,
though I never stopped realizing/REALizing my Own Christhood.
Eventually, I just came to call it by other names.
New Words, New "catch phrases", New Mythos, New Icons,
But essentially, it is all the same thing.
(When understood metaphorically.... esoterically)

Finding/realizing Your Own Bliss,
and Living it Out/REAL'I'zing it,
as it rises up like a well leavened dough.
Giving Rise To/Spelling (Out) Your Own Word. (Script'Yours).
Re'forming/Shaping/Casting Your Own World. (Abracadabra!)
Subjective Reality Branching up and out...
reaching further and further out to the Objective,
as the tree of (your) life... prospers about you.
Walking the Celestial Gardens of Your Own Kingdom Here on Earth.
The Domain of Your Being.
The Seat of Your Own Godhood.

You call yourSelf a (Self Realized) Christ,
christians all around you get offended. eh.
You call yourSelf (a)/God,
they fall apart.
Call yourSelf a Maga/Magus,
they don't know what you're talking about.
(Which is generally better.)

This is why I have taken on my Own (personal) label/title.

I AM Violet. My Highest Self is Ultra.
I Am both Woman and God/Goddess.

This is my inheritance.
Sometimes I forget.
But then I remember, once again, who I AM.

I'm really so very lucky
at this point in my life
to have Kindred... Kindling Spirits ;)
other Deeply Loving Christ figures in my Life
to reach deep inside me, and fan my flame again to a Blazing IN'ferno,
when I begin to lose my oxygen.
As I sometimes do.

The world can be a very cold place.
Bringing your Own Christhood to Realization
can be a very lonely road.

It is the road less traveled.

Last edited:

Super Universe

Defender of God
The title of this thread, ‘I am Christ’, although sounding like the rant of a deluded mind, is in fact, a profound notion. A notion that has the power to end wars, famine, inequality and the manipulation, which has been the cornerstone of both religion and politics. This philosophy, which I have termed‘I am Christ’, is not of my own contrivance, but dates back to a time before the alleged advent of Christ himself. Philosophers like Socrates and Plato propagated this ancient idea, along with more modern scholars like, Jiddu Krishnamurti, Carl Gustav Jung, Wilhelm Reich, Albert Einstein and the late professor of mythology at Princeton University, Joseph Campbell, to name just a few.

Although it is an exceptionally useful way of thinking, it is frightening to those malign shepherds who have been at the helm of the sinking ship of humanity, since time immemorial. As a result of the threat posed by this idea, the heads of both religion and politics have released a virus into the minds of the many. In so doing, they have ensured that this philosophy is denied the opportunity to take root amongst the masses. This virus has continued to ensure our masters' ill-gotten power over us. We have given this virus the harmless and innocent name,‘belief.’ Yet, it is far from harmless and has been the favored tool of the malevolent in fomenting disorder and chaos amongst an otherwise intelligent species. Should we be freed from this cognitive prison, the balance of power between the masses and the elites would shift, toppling the naked emperors that have subjugated humanity since the deliberate spread of this mental and emotional plague!

I'm not sure if you mean that each of us has the ability to be equal to Christ without need of religion or government. If so, I absolutely agree.

While I will agree that religion is "manipulation" I don't agree that politics is. Now if you meant political regimes, government, is manipulative then yes, they are but they also provide a service. Have you ever driven on a road that you built yourself? A bridge? Used your own fabricated money?

You talk of the philosophers Socrates and Plato as if they really existed yet everything you know of them comes from ancient texts. Everything you know of
Christ is also found in ancient texts? What is it about Christ that you cannot accept? Maybe you don't believe because you don't want Him to be real?

The "sinking ship of humanity"... Hmm. We're understanding more of how the universe works each day. We're learning to appreciatte nature more. We're more connected to each other than ever before. There is still war in the world but it's nothing like the great wars of the past. We're becoming better every day.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The title of this thread, ‘I am Christ’, although sounding like the rant of a deluded mind, is in fact, a profound notion.
I learned a long time ago that one human animal's profundity is another human animal's superficial thinking. I far prefer to state, "I AM" and leave it at that. I see no need to drag the corpse of Christ into the thought, as if existential reality needs something more to make it "profound".

The statement, "I am Christ" actually diminishes existential reality, in my opinion, because it implies that being is not enough and that for some reason we must be Christ. Sorry, that cake is sweet enough without needing frosting.

A notion that has the power to end wars, famine, inequality and the manipulation, which has been the cornerstone of both religion and politics.
So, another misleading idea is somehow going to bring about the "promised land". Seriously? Personally, I think you are overselling the idea by promising something that cannot be delivered.

This philosophy, which I have termed‘I am Christ’, is not of my own contrivance, but dates back to a time before the alleged advent of Christ himself. Philosophers like Socrates and Plato propagated this ancient idea, along with more modern scholars like, Jiddu Krishnamurti, Carl Gustav Jung, Wilhelm Reich, Albert Einstein and the late professor of mythology at Princeton University, Joseph Campbell, to name just a few.
Appeals to Authority are not particularly persuasive when the original premise is somewhat doubtful, let alone the panacea of ancillary claims. That said, I have never been particularly impressed with Krishnamurti in particular.

Although it is an exceptionally useful way of thinking, it is frightening to those malign shepherds who have been at the helm of the sinking ship of humanity, since time immemorial.
I'm sensing the hallmarks of a drama queen here. Bashing the competition is probably the worst things one can do in order to sell people on a new product, even if that new product pretends to be an old product in new packaging. Besides this, there is a pervasive smell of conspiracy written all over this that I find loathsome.

As a result of the threat posed by this idea, the heads of both religion and politics have released a virus into the minds of the many. In so doing, they have ensured that this philosophy is denied the opportunity to take root amongst the masses.
Ah, so this IS a conspiracy theory. That is just so freakin' spiffy. Well done, ah, Sherlock.

This virus has continued to ensure our masters' ill-gotten power over us. We have given this virus the harmless and innocent name,‘belief.’ Yet, it is far from harmless and has been the favored tool of the malevolent in fomenting disorder and chaos amongst an otherwise intelligent species.
Dare I ask for some kind of evidence that support this driveling rubbish?

Should we be freed from this cognitive prison, the balance of power between the masses and the elites would shift, toppling the naked emperors that have subjugated humanity since the deliberate spread of this mental and emotional plague!
You must be great fun at parties.

My suggestion is that you might want to rethink all this and when you have ironed out all the theatrics, massaged out all the elements of Conspiracy Theory, you might - might - mind you, have something left that is truly worthy of discussion.

Artistic Impression: C- Technical merit: F Overall grade: F

InChrist

Free4ever
According to Jesus Christ... “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand. Matthew 24:23-25

This is my preferred understanding of Christ"I"anity.

I came to this on my own
after "realizing my way" out of mainstream doctrinal christianity.

My focus on the Kingdom teachings
attributed to the 'Christ figure' Yeshua
(Red letter approach)
brought me into this Self Realization,
that the kingdom is Now,
In the Midst of Us,
and that we are all to be "One" with Godhood
(as the NT Christ Figure/I'con prayed we would all be)
and that the only thing necessary really
is the Initiatory Act(ion) of "Taking hold of one's inheritance".
or... simply living out one's Own Christhood
because it's always there,
in the midst of you...
to be lived out... fulfilled..
and... why not then?

As Above, is Below.

Of course, what percentage of IN'Doctrinated Christians
would even take 10 minutes to consider this (possibility) seriously?
It is HERESY! after all. :shrug:

So I ditched the label "Christian" altogether,
though I never stopped realizing/REALizing my Own Christhood.
Eventually, I just came to call it by other names.
New Words, New "catch phrases", New Mythos, New Icons,
But essentially, it is all the same thing.
(When understood metaphorically.... esoterically)

Finding/realizing Your Own Bliss,
and Living it Out/REAL'I'zing it,
as it rises up like a well leavened dough.
Giving Rise To/Spelling (Out) Your Own Word. (Script'Yours).
Re'forming/Shaping/Casting Your Own World. (Abracadabra!)
Subjective Reality Branching up and out...
reaching further and further out to the Objective,
as the tree of (your) life... prospers about you.
Walking the Celestial Gardens of Your Own Kingdom Here on Earth.
The Domain of Your Being.
The Seat of Your Own Godhood.

You call yourSelf a (Self Realized) Christ,
christians all around you get offended. eh.
You call yourSelf (a)/God,
they fall apart.
Call yourSelf a Maga/Magus,
they don't know what you're talking about.
(Which is generally better.)

This is why I have taken on my Own (personal) label/title.

I AM Violet. My Highest Self is Ultra.
I Am both Woman and God/Goddess.

This is my inheritance.
Sometimes I forget.
But then I remember, once again, who I AM.

I'm really so very lucky
at this point in my life
to have Kindred... Kindling Spirits ;)
other Deeply Loving Christ figures in my Life
to reach deep inside me, and fan my flame again to a Blazing IN'ferno,
when I begin to lose my oxygen.
As I sometimes do.

The world can be a very cold place.
Bringing your Own Christhood to Realization
can be a very lonely road.

It is the road less traveled.
Wow! Awesome response! What more could I possibly add to this?

I learned a long time ago that one human animal's profundity is another human animal's superficial thinking. I far prefer to state, "I AM" and leave it at that. I see no need to drag the corpse of Christ into the thought, as if existential reality needs something more to make it "profound".

The statement, "I am Christ" actually diminishes existential reality, in my opinion, because it implies that being is not enough and that for some reason we must be Christ. Sorry, that cake is sweet enough without needing frosting.

Although the 'I Am Christ' philosophy does have certain existential undertones, existentialism is niether its primary focus, nor its mode of communication. I guess that I have not communicated this too clearly and for that I appologize.

It is about taking back one's mind from the various beliefs which have obscured our perceptions of not only ourselves but the world in which we live. Our beliefs influence, dictate and even beget our experiences and in so doing, they create a false world, with false rules, rules which can be manipulated and changed by the various belief peddlers, be they religious, political, philosohpical, scientific or even societal (i.e convention). I'm sorry that the title has thrown you, but it really has nothing to do with the existential concept of 'I Am'. Esentially, I Am Christ is intended to be a message for the reader of the statement, I (not me) Am Christ! As I am writing this for a predominantly Christian society, one which idolizes and worships the "Hero" called Christ, I have used that name. It could just as easily be called, I Am Mohhamed, or I am Buddha, or I Am Krishna, or I Am Superman! It is a statement in which the reader is being asked to stop worshiping the hero without and start worshiping the one within! It is not a selfish, dependancy seeking notion, like the present religious one, but an independant, or individuated mode of self perception. It is ok to gain inspiration from admirable characters, both fictional (possibly Jesus Christ) and real (Gandhi) but it is not ok to rely on them to fulfill your destiny, or even dictate it! You are responsible for you! You are your own master, teacher, student and you are your own Savior! This is known as true indivduation.

So, another misleading idea is somehow going to bring about the "promised land". Seriously? Personally, I think you are overselling the idea by promising something that cannot be delivered.

As you did not grasp the idea to begin with, (my fault!) I dare say this statement is void.

Appeals to Authority are not particularly persuasive when the original premise is somewhat doubtful, let alone the panacea of ancillary claims. That said, I have never been particularly impressed with Krishnamurti in particular.

It was not meant to be persuasive, simply food for thought, whether you want to look into the matter further or not, is not my problem, or concern, I have way too much going on to worry about whether or not you take on or reject an idea I put forward. Again the "original premise" was misunderstood by you, so again I leave this issue for now! Krishnamurti is not everyone's cup of tea/coffee, yet regardless of whether you like him or not, he put forward an aspect of the philosophy I am talking about, so I cite him as a propagator of this concept with the intention, not to appeal to authority, but rather, avoid appearing as if I have produced this idea on my own. It is an honest form of referencing, not a case of rhetorical ethos!

I'm sensing the hallmarks of a drama queen here. Bashing the competition is probably the worst things one can do in order to sell people on a new product, even if that new product pretends to be an old product in new packaging. Besides this, there is a pervasive smell of conspiracy written all over this that I find loathsome.

Drama Queen! Personal attacks mean someone is getting upset! I am sorry to have upset you. But do I make too much out of the state of the world at present, No! Wars, famine, inequality, poverty, exploitation, corruption, needless suffering, rampant drug abuse, passive complacency in the face of all of this chaos! Perhaps your life has been a lucky one, as has mine, yet does this mean we simply ignore, with utter apathy the suffering our luxuries are built upon! I wonder what country you live in? Assuming it is a Western nation, (I do not know), you can bet that that country has gained many of its luxuries by exploiting the third world! But who cares right! And anyone who does is nuts, a drama queen!

To quote that guy you dont like too much; "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"

America, Australia, Britain, Canada, etc. These countries are full of sickness! They also have their good points but merely focussing on one's strengths and ignoring the weaknesses serves neither honest nor progress.

I do not know who I am bashing? Please let me Know!

Ah, so this IS a conspiracy theory. That is just so freakin' spiffy. Well done, ah, Sherlock.

Ok you do not like, sorry, you loath conspiracy! Well then they do not exist, how is that! Anything else you do not like, just let me know and I will erradicate from the world so you do not have to face it! What is a conspiracy? And what is the difference between a conspiracy theory and a conspiracy fact? It is funny the way our minds are trained like Pavlov's dogs, to avoid certain ideas and concepts, for fear of being condemned by whatever the punishment may be! Also, I find it interesting that if you say the word conspiracy most peoples mind's automatically associate the word "theory!" Food for thought!

By the way my name is actually Michael Sherlock! It is my birthname. Sorry if that offends you, but short of changing it, which out of respect for my father I will not, there is not much I can do about it!

Dare I ask for some kind of evidence that support this driveling rubbish?

What evidence do I have to support the rampant dependancy of the majority of us! Where to begin. Religious beliefs, political beliefs and ideologies, societal norms and conventions, gurus, pundits, wide spread drug abuse, both legal and illegal, consumerism and on and on I could go! Most of our lives are rooted in dependancy!

You must be great fun at parties.

I do not usually go to parties, as I have two young children and a wife, and we all live in the country side in Japan, so no, those party days are over for now! But when we do go I usually sit with my kids, engage in some idle chit chat with whoever is there and that is about it. Oh, and I usually help clean up. Would not say I am great fun at parties, but average overall!

My suggestion is that you might want to rethink all this and when you have ironed out all the theatrics, massaged out all the elements of Conspiracy Theory, you might - might - mind you, have something left that is truly worthy of discussion.

Rethinking things is always good advice, so I will definitely take it! However, as you misunderstood the entire premise, I will wait for an update before rethinking it, as you may actually have something relevant to say. Conspiracy is a fact of life, whether it be the conspiring of two parents to make their child eat his or her dinner, go to bed without too much trouble, or whether it is at a more macro societal level, so unfortunately there is not much I can do about avoiding reality, it is what it is and I feel that ignoring it will only make it worse, something like cancer!

I hope this helped you and if you need anything else, please let me know and I will try to get back to you when I can, but with my books coming out this Fall, my family commitments, work and life in general, things are always hectic, but I will do my best!

Kind regards

Michael Sherlock

Artistic Impression: C- Technical merit: F Overall grade: F

Ok, there is alot to deal with here so it may take me a few posts in order to respond.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Although the 'I Am Christ' philosophy does have certain existential undertones, existentialism is niether its primary focus, nor its mode of communication. I guess that I have not communicated this too clearly and for that I appologize.
Apology accepted. I've reread the OP a few times and it is not all that clear. You do indeed mention several people, and I suppose that is the clue, but it stops short of saying what you actually meaning.

It is about taking back one's mind from the various beliefs which have obscured our perceptions of not only ourselves but the world in which we live. Our beliefs influence, dictate and even beget our experiences and in so doing, they create a false world, with false rules, rules which can be manipulated and changed by the various belief peddlers, be they religious, political, philosohpical, scientific or even societal (i.e convention).
Ok, now this is something I can sink my teeth into, as it is something I have been talking about for a great many years.

I'm sorry that the title has thrown you, but it really has nothing to do with the existential concept of 'I Am'. Esentially, I Am Christ is intended to be a message for the reader of the statement, I (not me) Am Christ! As I am writing this for a predominantly Christian society, one which idolizes and worships the "Hero" called Christ, I have used that name. It could just as easily be called, I Am Mohhamed, or I am Buddha, or I Am Krishna, or I Am Superman! It is a statement in which the reader is being asked to stop worshiping the hero without and start worshiping the one within! It is not a selfish, dependancy seeking notion, like the present religious one, but an independant, or individuated mode of self perception. It is ok to gain inspiration from admirable characters, both fictional (possibly Jesus Christ) and real (Gandhi) but it is not ok to rely on them to fulfill your destiny, or even dictate it! You are responsible for you! You are your own master, teacher, student and you are your own Savior! This is known as true indivduation.
Fair enough. Now, what I mean by "I am" is "I am my inner self", "I AM my whole self". Your recommendation to worship that "one within" still makes me a bit queezy. I am not big on worship of diety, let alone worship of my "real" identity. I do, however, recognize its validity.

As you did not grasp the idea to begin with, (my fault!) I dare say this statement is void.
But, is it?

It was not meant to be persuasive, simply food for thought, whether you want to look into the matter further or not, is not my problem, or concern, I have way too much going on to worry about whether or not you take on or reject an idea I put forward.
But Michael, what is the point of saying anything if you are not interested in what people have to say? Is this just a lecture?

Again the "original premise" was misunderstood by you, so again I leave this issue for now! Krishnamurti is not everyone's cup of tea/coffee, yet regardless of whether you like him or not, he put forward an aspect of the philosophy I am talking about, so I cite him as a propagator of this concept with the intention, not to appeal to authority, but rather, avoid appearing as if I have produced this idea on my own. It is an honest form of referencing, not a case of rhetorical ethos!
Fair enough. So what new tasty treats are you bringing to the table?

Drama Queen! Personal attacks mean someone is getting upset! I am sorry to have upset you.
Michael, I am hardly upset. What I was trying to convey is that your words struck me as being unnecessarily inflamatory. The rhetoric struck me as being over the top, and that is coming from someone who is not above using rich illustrations to paint their verbal pictures.

But do I make too much out of the state of the world at present, No! Wars, famine, inequality, poverty, exploitation, corruption, needless suffering, rampant drug abuse, passive complacency in the face of all of this chaos!
Well, to be sure there is all that and much more, but there is also a lot of beauty and love in our world too - or does that count for nothing?

Perhaps your life has been a lucky one, as has mine, yet does this mean we simply ignore, with utter apathy the suffering our luxuries are built upon! I wonder what country you live in? Assuming it is a Western nation, (I do not know), you can bet that that country has gained many of its luxuries by exploiting the third world! But who cares right! And anyone who does is nuts, a drama queen!
Michael, I'm not here to fix all the problems in the world. I don't pretend to have the answers to so many may or may not need. I do what I can. Can I do much more?

To quote that guy you dont like too much; "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
To be sure, this is far from one of my favorite quotes. It is, if the truth be told, a quote that turned my off of Krishnamurti. Each to their own tho, I guess.

America, Australia, Britain, Canada, etc. These countries are full of sickness! They also have their good points but merely focussing on one's strengths and ignoring the weaknesses serves neither honest nor progress.

I do not know who I am bashing? Please let me Know!
An example of your bashing is the back-handed compliment in the previous line. First you say, "these countries are full of sickness!" directly followed by "they also have their good points". Well, if they have their good points then they are, obviously not, FULL of sickness or are some sickenesses better than others? Do you see what I mean?

Ok you do not like, sorry, you loath conspiracy! Well then they do not exist, how is that! Anything else you do not like, just let me know and I will erradicate from the world so you do not have to face it! What is a conspiracy? And what is the difference between a conspiracy theory and a conspiracy fact?
Now be honest, Michael, you do say that they forces have worked against "us" since times immemorial. If that isn't the raw elements of a conspiracy, I don't know what is.

It is funny the way our minds are trained like Pavlov's dogs, to avoid certain ideas and concepts, for fear of being condemned by whatever the punishment may be! Also, I find it interesting that if you say the word conspiracy most peoples mind's automatically associate the word "theory!" Food for thought!
Well, the conspiracy theory business has been doing well since 9/11, so that shouldn't come as much of a shock.

By the way my name is actually Michael Sherlock! It is my birthname. Sorry if that offends you, but short of changing it, which out of respect for my father I will not, there is not much I can do about it!
I am not offended, Micheal, but most people do not use their real names on the Internet. I certainly do not advise it.

What evidence do I have to support the rampant dependancy of the majority of us! Where to begin. Religious beliefs, political beliefs and ideologies, societal norms and conventions, gurus, pundits, wide spread drug abuse, both legal and illegal, consumerism and on and on I could go! Most of our lives are rooted in dependancy!
We are social creatures, so that shouldn't be a big surprise either.

I do not usually go to parties, as I have two young children and a wife, and we all live in the country side in Japan, so no, those party days are over for now! But when we do go I usually sit with my kids, engage in some idle chit chat with whoever is there and that is about it. Oh, and I usually help clean up. Would not say I am great fun at parties, but average overall!
Haha. That sounds great. I too have my own corner of paradise. The highlight of my days is doing work in the yard, punctuated by the odd wild deer that comes for a nibble of apple. It's a heavy load, but I suppose, someone has to do it.

I hope this helped you and if you need anything else, please let me know and I will try to get back to you when I can, but with my books coming out this Fall, my family commitments, work and life in general, things are always hectic, but I will do my best!
Likewise, Michael, I hope my comments have helped you. Good luck on the book, but I'm inlined to recommend that you stay on point and minimize the conspiratorial aspects.

You see, Michael, I became aware of my inner reality many decades ago. I have fought a long and hard battle unlearning so many things that I thought were real that it is not funny. Well, it is, but I have an odd sense of humor. I've learned not to take myself to seriously. We do agree that beliefs are the crux of the matter. So we do have a common place to talk about more serious things than we have thus far.

In my view, it is the clouds of peoples beliefs structures that obscure the blinding light of identity, shielding them from reality itself.

According to Jesus Christ... “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand. Matthew 24:23-25

Actually, not according to jesus, but according to the anonymous author of the Gospel called "Matthew." It is interesting to note that the earliest mention of the Gospel of Matthew comes from Eusebius (4th Century) who translated the works of a second century Church father called Papias, who described the Gospel of Matthew as being a book of Hebrew Sayings, like Proverbs, not the current Greek Narrative as we know it! So be careful when you believe you are reading something that is Jesus' you may in fact be reading nothing but lies and forgeries!

blackout

Violet.

Note the underline.

There is no THE Christ.

Did "Jesus" actually ever tell anyone he was 'the' christ? (or even 'christ' or 'a christ'?)
I think, if I remember correctly, it was OTHER people who said this about him.
Wasn't "you say that I am", or "what do YOU say that I am",
one of his catch phrases?

So then listening to others who say "Look! (Jesus) is the Christ!",
is to completely disregard Jesus' VERY OWN TEACHING up above.
(or maybe against Matthew's very own teaching anyway)

Also, if there are "false christs", does this not (at least loosely) imply that there are "true christs"?

(note the plural)

It is not the Way of a Christ,
to go around convincing others of it.
And no true Christ,
as I understand 'Christ'
would EVER say they are "THE" Christ.

For loosely comparative purposes,
it would be like saying
I am 'The Individual'.
It's an oxymoron.

Anyway, that's how I see it.
As it is my birthright
to interpret life
and find meaning
from the well spring
of my Own Being.

(kinda like the way Jesus Openly and Purpose'fully interpreted the Jewish scriptures
his own way. hint: this is what a Christ does.)

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
Fair enough. Now, what I mean by "I am" is "I am my inner self", "I AM my whole self". Your recommendation to worship that "one within" still makes me a bit queezy. I am not big on worship of diety, let alone worship of my "real" identity. I do, however, recognize its validity.

To me, "to worship that 'one within' "
means to Shape YourSelf to Your Own Inner Vision/s of (Greatest) Personal Worth...
as in-sourced and in'tuited,
in'spired, in'itiated and in'tended,
from the WellSpring of Your Own Being.

WorthShape(ing) .... WorShip(ing).

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
To me, "to worship that 'one within' "
means to Shape YourSelf to Your Own Inner Vision/s of (Greatest) Personal Worth...
as in-sourced and in'tuited,
in'spired, in'itiated and in'tended,
from the WellSpring of Your Own Being.

WorthShape(ing) .... WorShip(ing).
Well, sweet thang, if we are going to start changing the conventional meanings of words... *sigh* My point is, I don't like to use the term worship DUE to its conventional meanings. I don't want people to automatically associate a given action to something I am not meaning. That would seem somewhat silly. If we are all just going to bend words to mean whatever amuses us, then I suppose, internally, that would work, but I just don't think it is terribly helpful conveying a concept to others.

What I am saying, and I do strive for clarity, is I am 100% behind the idea of creating a "dialogue" between the mortal self and the larger identity. It would not occur to me to describe that "dialogue" (or two way communication) as worship. It isn't. That doesn't mean that people could not make it a type of worship, but then you run the risk, in my view, of something perilously close to worshiping yourself - which to my perspective - is a bit weird.

Last edited: