• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am 56 years old and I have 167 video and computer games!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
When I say I have 167 games I mean it. They range from text based games like Zork to all Civilization games to Call of Duty and just games. I have been a gamer since personal computers came into being. Am I being i immature? I intend to give my vast library of games to my nephew. Is having 167 games too much?
You can help me.
I don't have any games at all, but I want to get a game box which works directly to a TV screen with no computer connection at all.
Is that available or possible?

MNoBody

I have none at all, and I am 85. is that too little.
I once tried solitaire on my first computer, but though it just a waste of time. I do not understand the attraction of computer games at all.

It is not often that I watch films either. certainly less than one a week and then rarely through to the end.
it has to do with dopamine...people get obsessed, they are designed to do that....some quite overtly....and the kids can't be stopped with the obsession...it is endemic

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You can help me.
I don't have any games at all, but I want to get a game box which works directly to a TV screen with no computer connection at all.
Is that available or possible?

I recommend the $300 Nintendo Switch that's a handheld that can also dock and connect to the TV. It connects to a TV via HDMI cable through the dock or you can also play it as a handheld without a TV. Some might say it's the best when you have a wireless internet connection, connecting via the system to download updates to games and browse Nintendo's news feed on the console. But 8-9 times out of 10, it isn't a requirement.