• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I ain't touching that issue with a fifty foot pole"

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
It seems like people were more willing to give this response when asked a controversial question in the old days, but I still deem it appropriate sometimes.

Do you ever see questions on this forum and say to yourself: nope! I'm not touching it.

An example would be the incest thread for me. What's it for you guys?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The day anyone starts worrying about their online reputation is the day that they should stop posting on the Internet, truth and honesty should flow from one like a ray of sunshine through a clear pane of glass.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I try not to talk seriously about paedo-hebephilia because I'd end on too many ignore and/or hit lists. I also avoid abortion and homosexuality because my opinions are pretty set in stone. It's not worth it.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems like people were more willing to give this response when asked a controversial question in the old days, but I still deem it appropriate sometimes.

Do you ever see questions on this forum and say to yourself: nope! I'm not touching it.

An example would be the incest thread for me. What's it for you guys?

For me, answering questions about fifty foot poles. My twisted sense of humour just offers up double entendres. So sadly I can't reply to your OP.

Oops.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

Yup..... There are also some posters, that I will not name, that illicit the same response, no matter the topic they start.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yeah, I'm staying out of the incest thread, too. I also tend to ignore fundie and obvious cranks. I don't bother arguing evolution, either.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I can be tempted sometimes to "spit into the wind" in some threads but there are times I just don't have anything to write, weird though that might seem. And sadly, I can go from calm to total rage in a millisecond when it comes to politics. It's a weakness, I know.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Could you too be suffering from low pestosterone?

Nope, he just knows that

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim