• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I admire atheists for devoting time for "God"

chinu

chinu
Many atheist feel free as abrahamic beliefs, depending on the denomination, has strict ethics of behavior that comes from outside in. Many know answers come inside out they clash.

Many are because of terrible experience. It's a weird question as in what is the benefit of being against someone who has abused you?

Religion is no different if that situation befalls on them.
Friend, a true theist is EVERY SECOND busy in devotion towards "God" No time left behind for such useless things like abusing etc.

Nimos

Why makes it so compulsory for atheists to devote time to all of them ? What's the benefit of doing so ?
Well its not something that all atheists find important. But personally I think it is, as religious view impact people lives, how we do things in societies, moralities etc. Not a lot different than why we are interested in political views as I see it.

I don't think there's any logic without any benefit ? because, one NEVER go against something until that provides any kind of benefit.
Just today I fixed my parents bathroom, there is no benefits in me doing that, my father could easily have done it himself. Obviously you can argue, that it makes them happy and appreciative of my help, which in return benefits me, because it makes me happy.

But I think that is the same with any organisation or people helping others, it makes them happy helping other people.

Couldn't you ask the same about religious people, do they only devote time to God and their religion, because they hope to benefit from it? or do they do it because they believe that is right thing to do and it influence their lives and makes them happy as well?

ecco

Veteran Member
Hence, taking the above (3) facts into consideration, I admire atheists for devoting time for "God"

Hence, taking the above (3) facts Bovine Feces Comments into consideration, I admire laugh at you for devoting time to atheists by reading our comments.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Why makes it so compulsory for atheists to devote time to all of them ? What's the benefit of doing so ? I don't think there's any logic without any benefit ? because, one NEVER go against something until that provides any kind of benefit.

I was thinking for years to have an answer, I don't find a benefit other than disturbing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fact 3: Do you think there's any kind benefit that atheists get by going against the belief of theists ? I don't think you will be able to provide any.
I find great benefit from going against beliefs of theists.
It would be very stressful & disappointing to try to believe
in things I find utterly loopy, wrong, & even immoral.
My benefit is peace & happiness.

Analogy time.....
A tiger benefits from not believing it's a cow.
Big cats don't even have teeth or stomach for grass.

chinu

chinu
I find great benefit from going against beliefs of theists.
It would be very stressful & disappointing to try to believe
in things I find utterly loopy, wrong, & even immoral.
No no no no..
Of course, it sounds like that in the starting, but, everything settles down after some time.
The benefit is peace & happiness.
Even children use say that during their early days of schooling.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What's the benefit ?

One NEVER go against something until that provides any kind of benefit.

I could answer that and get a warning or worse, so i will leave as, speak for yourself, not everyone is a mercenary

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The whole day long you keep reading my threads ? That is what I meant.

Was it, ok.. But wrong by a considerable margin. I have 3 kids and a husband as well as a pretty active life before going on RF, and your posts, although sometimes interesting are only a fraction of the posts i read

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Friend, a true theist is EVERY SECOND busy in devotion towards "God" No time left behind for such useless things like abusing etc.

There is no true theist. Everyone has their different levels of maturity and humilty. Some have it more than others but spirituality is a work in progress. Some traditions work for some people and not for others.

That seems one of the hardest things that some theist can't accept. Not everyone needs to follow their views to find maturity in god/s.

But a true theist?

Never heard of such.

Last edited: