• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hypothetical Question-Situation

esmith

Veteran Member
Scenario
A couple that are of the same sex goes to a photographer and wants to hire them to take pictures at their wedding. The photographer says that he/she can not do it for religious reasons.

Question
Now do the same sex couple have a legal right to sue the photographer for discrimination or does the photographer have the legal right not to accept the job for religious reasons.

Facts of the hypothetical scenario
1. The couple are of the same sex
2. The photographer is Jewish
3. The wedding falls on a Saturday

Your thoughts and opinions?

SkylarHunter

I believe respect goes both ways. If I was in that situation I would simply look for another photographer. Since I don't like being forced into doing things I don't want to or that go against my personal beliefs, I don't want to put anyone else in that position. If a photographer told me he couldn't or didn't want to take pictures of my wedding for whatever reasons I would accept his right to make that choice and move on.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If the photographer is strict in his/her observance of Shabbat, the photographer wouldn't be working on Saturday, correct? If that's the case #2 and #3 are rendered moot.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Scenario
A couple that are of the same sex goes to a photographer and wants to hire them to take pictures at their wedding. The photographer says that he/she can not do it for religious reasons.

Question
Now do the same sex couple have a legal right to sue the photographer for discrimination or does the photographer have the legal right not to accept the job for religious reasons.

Facts of the hypothetical scenario
1. The couple are of the same sex
2. The photographer is Jewish
3. The wedding falls on a Saturday

Your thoughts and opinions?

The real question is if there is going to be shrimp served at the reception.