• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hypnosis

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Hey

Today I was introduced to a new technique in personal development..
It's just new for me!

Anyway, did anyone try Self-Hypnosis???

I tried it but didnt work with me!

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Hey

It's just new for me!

It depends on what your definition of hypnosis is.... :)

I've seen a hypnotist and done much self "meditation". All I can say is, it takes a long time to truly know yourself. You can't give up after one short go round with it, after all... you know how stubborn you are! :cool:

I guess I just figure this: If you truly know yourself and you are truly ready to do or not do something, then you will or won't. There is nothing wrong with talking to yourself though, nothing wrong with getting to know yourself, etc.... that does help a TON!

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
It depends on what your definition of hypnosis is.... :)

I've seen a hypnotist and done much self "meditation". All I can say is, it takes a long time to truly know yourself. You can't give up after one short go round with it, after all... you know how stubborn you are! :cool:

I guess I just figure this: If you truly know yourself and you are truly ready to do or not do something, then you will or won't. There is nothing wrong with talking to yourself though, nothing wrong with getting to know yourself, etc.... that does help a TON!
I knew that the audio sessions for self-hypnosis are ment to speak to your subconsious mind..

But the problem is that I'm always very consious while hearing that tape...And when the guy says :"And now, every single word I say will be directed to you subconsious mind...Your mind will just obey my words, bla bla bla" I just say :" Ha?"
I'm totally consious and I realize what is he saying

That isn't supposed to happen as I understand it :confused:

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I knew that the audio sessions for self-hypnosis are ment to speak to your subconsious mind..

But the problem is that I'm always very consious while hearing that tape...And when the guy says :"And now, every single word I say will be directed to you subconsious mind...Your mind will just obey my words, bla bla bla" I just say :" Ha?"
I'm totally consious and I realize what is he saying

That isn't supposed to happen as I understand it :confused:

Piece of cake:

Get one of those timers that you plug lights into when you are out of town. You know the ones that will turn the light on at "x" time and off again at "y" time. I'll send you a tape, put it in your radio, adjust the volume so it won't wake you up, plug it into the timer, set it to turn on 3 hours after you go to bed, and off two hours after that. We'll see what happens...

If you wake up in the morning and want to send me $50, run to the store to get a doughnut for breakfast, stop smoking, and have the sudden urge to make egg nog....
I had nothing to do with it! :D

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Piece of cake:

Get one of those timers that you plug lights into when you are out of town. You know the ones that will turn the light on at "x" time and off again at "y" time. I'll send you a tape, put it in your radio, adjust the volume so it won't wake you up, plug it into the timer, set it to turn on 3 hours after you go to bed, and off two hours after that. We'll see what happens...

If you wake up in the morning and want to send me $50, run to the store to get a doughnut for breakfast, stop smoking, and have the sudden urge to make egg nog....
I had nothing to do with it! :D
lol.. :D

Do you mean I should be asleep while hearing that tape??

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
lol.. :D

Do you mean I should be asleep while hearing that tape??

Look into my eyes: :rainbow1:

You are getting sleepy, very sleepy....

You want to send $50 to Comet....
You want a doughnut for breakfast....
Smoking is bad, stop now....
Making egg nog will make you happy....

Is it working? :p

Some "self-help" tapes are meant for the subconscious to hear, thus you listen while you sleep. Otherwise, it is just counseling!

Hypnosis has its place, and self hypnosis is good... but I'd call it meditation. Now,
:rainbow1:

Send me $50, eat a doughnut, stop smoking, and make some egg nog!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I haven't dabbled with traditional hypgnosis, but I have used auto-suggestions for precipitating dreaming. I have a fair amount of experience on that subject. Personally, if you are trying techniques for addressing the "unconscious mind" they would have to be good ideas you accepted consciously anways, othewise it isn't likely you would be trying them. Just out of curiosity, what is the nature of the tapes? What are the sessions about?

Sk8Joyful

Hey
It's just new for me!

People not understanding it, will assume it's via flashing-lights, or meditation, or Relaxation, or sleeping, etc.

After you've been taught :yes: how to do it right :) Self-hypnosis works really successfully well :D